Louis Vuitton Spring 2020 Collection

@daisy913 I just noticed the strap is like the strap of the Vanity! Is that vachetta? It almost looks glossy. I’m super envious of that strap... I would have so many bags I can use it with. The Vanity strap, I don’t like mixing leathers and only have one other reverse monogram bag I’d use it with (Square bag, which i primarily carry by hand)
Yup, it's vachetta! It's not as dark as the rest of the pre-tanned vachetta on the bag though. I think that's why it gives the impression of being more glossy.

Hmm I think the strap would go well with anything in black leather or mono + black accents. If you have any black Chanel bags, I think the strap would work with them too. The strap makes everything hit at my hip bone (5'4", short torso).

Reactions: karman
Yup, it's vachetta! It's not as dark as the rest of the pre-tanned vachetta on the bag though. I think that's why it gives the impression of being more glossy.

Hmm I think the strap would go well with anything in black leather or mono + black accents. If you have any black Chanel bags, I think the strap would work with them too. The strap makes everything hit at my hip bone (5'4", short torso).
Hmm I guess I just don't have very many bags with detachable straps! It might still look good with the mono Pochette so I might try it with that.

Today, I received the Speedy BB VVN. Tomorrow, it will be shipped back. I wanted to love this bag but I don’t. I tried it with the strap that came with it and the mono bandouliere strap.
For my lifestyle and height of 5’10”, these are the cons:
  • When worn crossbody with the chain strap, it hits above my waist and the handle that’s closest to the body won’t lay flat.
  • The lock looks awkward on the bag and the leather piece where the lock goes looks awkward when the lock is off the bag (that piece sticks up).
  • The leather part where the lock goes is not sewn straight.
  • When worn on the shoulder, the handle that’s closest to the body won’t lay flat.
  • I don’t like the contrasting brick red zipper that matches the glazing. IMO, it would look better with a brown zipper.
  • The bag appears to be yellowish in person and photos. My husband said “You bought a yellow bag.” :lol:
  • The zipper pulls are long and make the bag look busy.
  • I don’t like the yellow stitching going across the bag that is there for the interior pocket.
  • The quality of the leather does not feel that of a bag that costs $2680.
  • The chain strap is trying too hard to be Chanel.
I can’t think of one pro of keeping this bag. It’s just too fussy for me. On to the next one.
If you can't make this look good, who could? Definitely not a fan.

@karman

Update: I'm going to request an exchange for the egg bag. The alignment bothers me too much. The more I looked it at, the more I saw how the entire back piece was actually slanted. The red glazing on the edge is also really bright and uneven in color. All my other lv bags have a uniform red edge. Had this been a $20 bag, I would have wanted it to be perfect, or I would have walked away. No reason why I shouldn't hold $$$$ bags to the same standard.

When you finally receive your bag, I hope it's perfect and up to your standards in every way.

Reactions: karman
@karman

Update: I'm going to request an exchange for the egg bag. The alignment bothers me too much. The more I looked it at, the more I saw how the entire back piece was actually slanted. The red glazing on the edge is also really bright and uneven in color. All my other lv bags have a uniform red edge. Had this been a $20 bag, I would have wanted it to be perfect, or I would have walked away. No reason why I shouldn't hold $$$$ bags to the same standard.

When you finally receive your bag, I hope it's perfect and up to your standards in every way.

I think that's for the best. I wouldn't accept that alignment, either! it's such a fun and unique bag - even I have been thinking about it!
Thanks! I think it'll still be weeks (if not more) before I get my bag. If it's not perfect I'll return and and try to get another one if I love it enough. It's been on the website so they're still HTF but not impossible to get it seems!

Reactions: daisy913