Louis Vuitton item lost

It looks like a credit went through but want to speak with my bank to confirm. Should I even bother contacting LV about this anymore?

I wouldn't. I have been dealing with a company over 2 weeks about something and I am done. Filed the claim with my credit card yesterday. It relieves the stress. I don't care if that company contacts me tomorrow trying to solve it all. I am done with their shenanigans. In 20+ years of having credit cards I have only filed 2 other claims. Both were resolved to my liking. I stayed factual in my claim. I stated the number of times and dates of all my contacts with the company to solve the issue. The protection and benefit of filing a claim is great for a situation like this. Credit card companies market this benefit.

I have exactly same experience and they refused to give my money back. My credit card company provided some information that Louis Vuitton provided to them. The picture that provided is the delivery box is ripped open exposing the orange box and my credit card agent said he doesn't understand why Louis Vuitton doesn't give me the money back, considering the bag got stolen in the shipping process. I am trying to hire a mediator or an arbitrator for Consumer arbitration.

• Wow
Reactions: iskam.mnogo
I have exactly same experience and they refused to give my money back. My credit card company provided some information that Louis Vuitton provided to them. The picture that provided is the delivery box is ripped open exposing the orange box and my credit card agent said he doesn't understand why Louis Vuitton doesn't give me the money back, considering the bag got stolen in the shipping process. I am trying to hire a mediator or an arbitrator for Consumer arbitration.
That's terrible! Why won't your credit card company give you your money back? Can't they overrule LV?

My credit card company said it was concluded as a valid transaction since they shipped the product and I got it. LV is refusing to give the money back for the stolen or missing bag on the way of return. I filed a formal complaint through state general attorney and I need to still call LV again since they told me that they will contact me by the end of business day yesterday and they didn't. I called them right before they close the customer service hour, they still said the manager can't take the call and no time for me. I am very frustrated and it costed me $3500. I have no intention to just walk away from the money and I need some help to proceed it.

My credit card company said it was concluded as a valid transaction since they shipped the product and I got it. LV is refusing to give the money back for the stolen or missing bag on the way of return. I filed a formal complaint through state general attorney and I need to still call LV again since they told me that they will contact me by the end of business day yesterday and they didn't. I called them right before they close the customer service hour, they still said the manager can't take the call and no time for me. I am very frustrated and it costed me $3500. I have no intention to just walk away from the money and I need some help to proceed it.
Are you saying that you got the product but it got lost when you shipped it back? What kind of shipping service was used? Did they provide the label or did you?

Are you saying that you got the product but it got lost when you shipped it back? What kind of shipping service was used? Did they provide the label or did you?

Yes, it got lost when I return the bag. I used the prepaid label that came with the bag. The instruction is pack the bag in securely, attach the new label on top of the original label and drop off at UPS. The problem is the weight when I checked the drop off receipt later, and it was 1 lb.
I filed the formal complaint through state general attorney to be able to access the video footage at the drop off station to confirm, and for the purpose of preparing my case, in case I have to go to actual court. Also, I don't have any means to access the photos of the box that I shipped that LV provided to the card company.

Yes, it got lost when I return the bag. I used the prepaid label that came with the bag. The instruction is pack the bag in securely, attach the new label on top of the original label and drop off at UPS. The problem is the weight when I checked the drop off receipt later, and it was 1 lb.
I filed the formal complaint through state general attorney to be able to access the video footage at the drop off station to confirm, and for the purpose of preparing my case, in case I have to go to actual court. Also, I don't have any means to access the photos of the box that I shipped that LV provided to the card company.
That sounds like a big problem. I don't know how you can prove you put the bag in the box if the weight at UPS says it was only 1 lb. Since you packed the box at home, the UPS footage isn't going to prove the bag was in the box at the time it was dropped off.

I would be so upset at losing that amount of money. LV is treating you extremely poorly.

Having this same issue myself right now with Chanel and it's extremely frustrating so I feel for you.

That sounds like a big problem. I don't know how you can prove you put the bag in the box if the weight at UPS says it was only 1 lb. Since you packed the box at home, the UPS footage isn't going to prove the bag was in the box at the time it was dropped off.

I would be so upset at losing that amount of money. LV is treating you extremely poorly.

I understand that I don't have a clear evidence that I put the back in the return box. However, it is unspeakably unfair that they just put all the blame on me instead of trying to solve this situation in more rational manner. That's why I am trying to find a resolution for myself. Hopefully I can post some good news on the forum.

I can imagine how much you are frustrated, and I don't think that I am going to buy or return any expensive goods online ever.
Can't agree more and it's a turn off to the brand when your integrity is in question. I have made many, many online purchases and returns from various companies without a problem. All it takes is one issue like this to turn me off. It's been a nightmare of phone calls and I feel like I'm going in circles and no one cares. Unfortunately, I live in an area where I can't walk into a boutique and buy these things. They don't exist in my area. I'm sure someone is getting nice Christmas presents on my dime. That makes me really angry.

Can't agree more and it's a turn off to the brand when your integrity is in question. I have made many, many online purchases and returns from various companies without a problem. All it takes is one issue like this to turn me off. It's been a nightmare of phone calls and I feel like I'm going in circles and no one cares. Unfortunately, I live in an area where I can't walk into a boutique and buy these things. They don't exist in my area. I'm sure someone is getting nice Christmas presents on my dime. That makes me really angry.

Here is so far what I found out about the situation. I hope this might be helping you.
One of the LV representative told me that I can talk to UPS about this matter directly. However, I was not able to talk to them with customer service number, and I called to the local UPS office where I dropped off the package.
Apparently, LV opened a claim to UPS when LV reported the package was delivered as damage to UPS, UPS started the investigation. The first thing they did was to try to pick up the damaged package since it's damaged, not missing. LV failed to provide the damaged package with 3 attempts. That's why the UPS claim was closed because there was nothing to investigate since LV didn't provide anything. This description matches that I have read from the tracking detail after they opened the claim. I called LV again after I talked to UPS people and the representative was not answering my question about where the box is now and if they can provide the box for the UPS investigation this time for sure, and she hung upon me. I called them again and trying to confirm if they can actually show any effort to make this claim working with me and I am getting even more angry about their attitude towards to me.
I also had a call with arbitrator, and she said because of the price of the bag, this is not worth to pursue and she advised me to look for small claim court. I haven't done much of research of it yet, and I am still trying to get in touch with LV but once again, this is the worst in my life time shopping experience.

Here is so far what I found out about the situation. I hope this might be helping you.
One of the LV representative told me that I can talk to UPS about this matter directly. However, I was not able to talk to them with customer service number, and I called to the local UPS office where I dropped off the package.
Apparently, LV opened a claim to UPS when LV reported the package was delivered as damage to UPS, UPS started the investigation. The first thing they did was to try to pick up the damaged package since it's damaged, not missing. LV failed to provide the damaged package with 3 attempts. That's why the UPS claim was closed because there was nothing to investigate since LV didn't provide anything. This description matches that I have read from the tracking detail after they opened the claim. I called LV again after I talked to UPS people and the representative was not answering my question about where the box is now and if they can provide the box for the UPS investigation this time for sure, and she hung upon me. I called them again and trying to confirm if they can actually show any effort to make this claim working with me and I am getting even more angry about their attitude towards to me.
I also had a call with arbitrator, and she said because of the price of the bag, this is not worth to pursue and she advised me to look for small claim court. I haven't done much of research of it yet, and I am still trying to get in touch with LV but once again, this is the worst in my life time shopping experience.
That sounds fishy on LV's part.

OMG. I am so, so sorry. I, TOO, have only been dealing with the UPS store, who had to initiate the claim for me. I called again today and said I need to have a status. He said have they contacted you? I said who is "they"? I've so far only been able to talk to the store where I shipped the package. To be clear in case someone missed my earlier post, my issue is with Chanel. The UPS Store said to me, over and over, make sure that packaging is available for inspection. Well, I texted the SA and told her to save it, but she never responds. However, if I check the tracking number, I can see it was picked up for inspection. Talked to the credit card today on a 3 way call with my husband, who made the purchase for me. They said let the investigation run its course first. This is a long, frustrating waiting game but I won't let it go. You shouldn't either. It's way too much money to say, ok, I'll just pay it if you could swear on everything you hold dear that you put that bag in the package and shipped it (in my case earrings). Keep updating us as this is very helpful!!! And good luck.

• Wow
Reactions: scodes77