Louis Vuitton item lost

Right. LV is saying that camera footage shows that both items were placed in one box at their distribution center.

A couple of thoughts;

So, happy it's not LV staff, in which case LV need to open a case with whichever courier they used to send it.

You will need to contact the police - advising LV you are doing this. I would guess the police would want to see the security footage showing both items placed in the box you received. Of course, we need to hope that the film also captures a continuous and uninterrupted feed which also shows the box then being picked up by the courier - with no break in which someone could open and rebox the package.

Do you still have the original packaging? If you do it would be very helpful as wouldn't it need to show the weight of the package?

Good luck with this one.

This reminds me of our story...

At the end of the last year my husband brought his Valmy messenger bag for repair to our local LV store. He owns a few Vuitton overnights that he uses for work, but this one was his very first Vuitton bag he bought cca +10y ago, still in beautiful condition. He really loved this bag, always asked me to be careful when I borrowed it, telling me that this is the bag he likes a lot and is full of memories.

We are going to move to a new place and as he went through his stuff, we spoke about bringing this bag to Vuitton to replace the lock and keep it for our kids.

Long story short, after we brought it to the store, we received an apologetic call from the customer services that the bag got lost (somewhere) and we can choose something else from the current collection.

Can imagine how big was our disappointment? How this is even possible? Until now there was no explanation offered what exactly happened. We just know that the bag got lost after the repair was done!?!:cursing:
This happened to someone with a Chanel she brought in for repair. After she refused the store credit they offered, eventually they found her bag and give her lotion for her trouble!

I recently received a box with two bags however I had to sign for the package. Usually everything they’ve sent me required signature for delivery. Maybe they could check the weight of the package they sent you. I’m sure the weight would be off of it was one bag vs. two.

Back in December I purchased two items at LV. The sales advisor had to place an online order because the store didn’t have the items in stock. Two to three days later one item was delivered but the other wasn’t. I continued to call LV about not receiving the second item. Every time I got a different story. It’s now a month and a half later and there are still no answers. Now they are apparently filing a UPS claim but said that I could be out the money and out the item based off the claim. Has anyone ever experienced this? It’s awful and so f-ing frustrating.

I had a similar issue in August 2018. You need to file a claim with your cc immediately. I called LV Services to track down two items and I was connected to an LV store in Saks that had both items. The CA shipped the items to me where I specifically requested signature confirmation because I would be on vacation when the items were scheduled for delivery. The total was $989. Unbeknownst to me, the CA did not ship the item with signature confirmation. I thought it was mandatory for LV to ship all items with signature confirmation because that has been the protocol for all of my previous shipped items from an LV store. I’ve never ordered online.

When I returned from vacation, I expected a “sorry we missed you” hold tag on my door from UPS but there wasn’t one. I immediately called the CA and the store but received no response. The next day I called the CA and the store and the CA confirmed the item was delivered while I was on vacation. The tracking from UPS showed “left at front door.” I immediately contacted my neighbors and posted a message on NextDoor to see if anyone received the package. I also immediately contacted my cc company and filed a theft claim. They issued a chargeback to LV at Saks and issued me a temporary credit pending an investigation and response from LV. To this day, the package is “missing.”

When LV at Saks responded, they provided a copy of the sales receipt where my signature was forged, along with an incorrect receipt from another client (included a lot of NPI info), and wrote in their response that I was physically present in the store for the transaction. This info was all lies and egregious errors. I was furious!!!

In my rebuttal to LV Saks response I provided a detailed list of the facts. I also messaged LV and Saks on social media because the CA committed fraud, did not comply with my request to ship the item with signature confirmation, and LV violated another client’s privacy. I had copies of text messages to substantiate my facts. After my response and my complaint on social media, LV never provided another rebuttal and they had to keep the chargeback. My cc issued a permanent credit because I have zero fraud liability. I will NEVER purchase from that CA again.
UPS tracking and GPS showed that the package was indeed delivered to my home. However, it was probably stolen by porch pirates.

Thank you everyone for the input! I just hope this gets straightened out properly. I don’t even know what to do at this point. A store manager is telling me I need to file a claim myself but in reality LV has to do it since they are the shipper.

It’s an all around MESS.

Thank you everyone for the input! I just hope this gets straightened out properly. I don’t even know what to do at this point. A store manager is telling me I need to file a claim myself but in reality LV has to do it since they are the shipper.

It’s an all around MESS.
It's not your job to track down the missing package. File with your credit card company. That's all you need to do.

ETA: This is a horrible indictment of the level of service a company like this provides. By contrast, the service I get from Target is amazing. In one order, one of the items was missing. I didn't have to prove it. They shipped out another one immediately. In another order, some glass plates I ordered were broken. Again, I didn't have to prove it. They issued a credit immediately.

Reactions: LemonDrop
It's not your job to track down the missing package. File with your credit card company. That's all you need to do.

ETA: This is a horrible indictment of the level of service a company like this provides. By contrast, the service I get from Target is amazing. In one order, one of the items was missing. I didn't have to prove it. They shipped out another one immediately. In another order, some glass plates I ordered were broken. Again, I didn't have to prove it. They issued a credit immediately.
Most moderately priced stores follow the same policy. Replacing $25 dishes may be easier to appease compared to luxury items that average $1-3k. Just sayin’

It’s an all around MESS.

As mentioned before, just call your credit card company and problem should be solved with you getting a credit.

Reactions: Jenncasablanca
It looks like a credit went through but want to speak with my bank to confirm. Should I even bother contacting LV about this anymore?

That’s great! I wouldn’t bother LV. If you confirm credit was given your done. If you want to repurchase you can order from website deliver to store or go into store and reorder or see if in stock. Good luck.

I just wanted to second this. I have been AMAZED by the target online customer service I received recently. They have made things so easy that other companies would have made a nightmare that I seriously have some shopping loyalty with them now.

Reactions: whateve