Louis Vuitton Hawaii !!!!!

They are in the range of 8-10% lower and sales tax is 4.16%. So when I was in Maui last month I saved close to $300 on a Melie. Problem is, like everywhere else on the mainland their supply is limited in canvas!
The prices are lower however the taxes vary island to island as each one is it's own county. Honolulu county (Oahu) is 4.712% (State - 4%, County - 0.5%, General excise/rail - 0.2%).

I live on Oahu.

Hi Lvoers!
I'm an Aussie gal hopping over to Hawaii shortly and wondered if LV pricing in Hawaii is cheaper than US mainland? I was thinking of picking up a Speedy B30 [emoji813].They retail for AUD $1,770 here and so I'm wondering if it's cheaper over there or here at home? On mainland US pricing converted it isnt cheaper but I have no idea about whether I still would pay US duties and taxes as a tourist...hoping someone can help me out?
TIA!!! X [emoji813]
I live on Oahu. I checked the conversion rate and it looks like $1 USD = $0.80 AUD right now. So $1700 AUD is $1420 USD. I just bought a Mon Monogram Speedy 25 B in February and that was only $1696, which is like $300 or so more than the regular Speedy B. But that's USD, Hawaii compared to US mainland. I'm just showing it to you so you can check my math below.

Speedy B 30:
-Mainland price is $1390 which is $1733 AUD
-Minus 10% (9.97% is what I saved on my bag) is $1251 USD
-Plus tax, which is $58.92 USD
-Total with tax is about $1309 USD or $1632 AUD

So really if you're taking into account any custom fees you may incur, then you're not really saving anything.
If the memories of buying your bag on vacation are worth the potential customs fees then go for it. If not, buy it at home.
Have fun on your trip!

20170912_173113.jpeg

I live on Oahu. I checked the conversion rate and it looks like $1 USD = $0.80 AUD right now. So $1700 AUD is $1420 USD. I just bought a Mon Monogram Speedy 25 B in February and that was only $1696, which is like $300 or so more than the regular Speedy B. But that's USD, Hawaii compared to US mainland. I'm just showing it to you so you can check my math below.

Speedy B 30:
-Mainland price is $1390 which is $1733 AUD
-Minus 10% (9.97% is what I saved on my bag) is $1251 USD
-Plus tax, which is $58.92 USD
-Total with tax is about $1309 USD or $1632 AUD

So really if you're taking into account any custom fees you may incur, then you're not really saving anything.
If the memories of buying your bag on vacation are worth the potential customs fees then go for it. If not, buy it at home.
Have fun on your trip!

View attachment 3823109
Beanzy you are amazing, thank you so much. This is super helpful. I did consider the customs duties would probably ruin any benefit Usually I shop at home because of this sort of thing but I still would love an Lv souvenir!!

Beanzy you are amazing, thank you so much. This is super helpful. I did consider the customs duties would probably ruin any benefit Usually I shop at home because of this sort of thing but I still would love an Lv souvenir!!
Of course! I know I am always trying to save for the next ridiculous purchase so I know that feeling of wanting to get the absolute best deal. I hope you have an awesome visit.

Reactions: Graciiiiie
Do any of you know the Hawaii price for City Stramer MM? US price is $3,850.

Also, LV site lists the store in
Honolulu. Do they have stores on the other islands? If so, who has the lowest price/tax rate?

Do any of you know the Hawaii price for City Stramer MM? US price is $3,850.

Also, LV site lists the store in
Honolulu. Do they have stores on the other islands? If so, who has the lowest price/tax rate?
Aloha! My city steamer mm that I have purchased was about $3500 but not exactly sure of the total. I put my name on the front too. The tax is the same for the other islands. What islands are you going to?

Aloha! My city steamer mm that I have purchased was about $3500 but not exactly sure of the total. I put my name on the front too. The tax is the same for the other islands. What islands are you going to?

Wow...at $3500 retail, it's already cheaper! If I bought in Texas, I'd be paying $3850 plus 8.25% tax!

We've been visiting Kauai once a year for the last few years. 2 years ago we spent few days in Maui. When we visit again in a few months, we would like to check out another island. Now that I'm aware of LV pricing, the location of a LV store will dictate where we end up lol.

Thank you for your response!