Louis Vuitton Croisette looks like the Michael Kors Ava?

_9131778.jpg

_9155817.jpg

I got the pictures from the Nordstrom website here. Seriously, Michael Kors? Seriously?!?!

This is as blatant as it gets, really... :/ I'm currently saving for a Damier Azur Neverfull MM, and when I saw this I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry...
WOW... a lady in the Nordstrom comments section mentioned that she wanted the LV DE Neverfull - but since it was out of her price range, "this was a nice alternative" ...no m'am.

I couldn't agree more with all of you. My first thought was that it is a BeDior with a DiorBar clochette.
But at the end of the day, all Michael Kors bags are H&M quality, so no matter what design they have, the cheap heavily plastic-coated "leather" ruins it.

WOW... a lady in the Nordstrom comments section mentioned that she wanted the LV DE Neverfull - but since it was out of her price range, "this was a nice alternative" ...no m'am.

I understand the impulse to buy an affordable alternative but I recently saw someone in an airport with one of these and initially I did a double take thinking it was a horrible fake, then I realized it was MK's knock off.

Ultimately it comes off as a knockoff with a designer name attached when it is this blatant.

It just blows my mind. I guess at some point the money was just worth it to him to allow his name KORS=Copycat. The other day I saw an obvious fake Michael Kors bag. It was a fake of a knockoff Neverfull. Two times the fake. :P I read that many department stores are starting to pull Kors out of certain locations because people are no longer willing to pay $298-$398 for a bag when they know they can get a deal at the outlet. That Speedy thing was $398. ?!?!

I see this a lot in contemporary designer bags and I actually don't mind it at all. They might be unoriginal by copying the silhouettes of LV bags and some of the basic (I mean really basic) parts of the general color scheme, but who is going to mistake the two in real life, kwim? I think it's a great alternative to buying counterfeits as it makes the trendy & more classic styles available to the general public, because unfortunately, as I've mentioned before, not everyone can afford an LV bag or may want to splurge, but in a less expensive manner. An MK bag would be a good alternative for someone looking to buy a decent bag at a fair price on sale at Macy's without breaking the old piggy bank. I know that the Susannah tote looks a lot like my GST, but in the same breath I was considering buying one just because I like having some cheaper bags to rotate with more expensive ones and I love the chains and quilted looks. At the end of the day, sometimes people appreciate more sensible options and versions for different occasions and I don't let it bother me because I say let the big guys dog it out with each other if it qualifies as copyright infringement. This is just my opinion on the topic, I understand not everyone is going to agree with me
Well, I certainly do agree with you. Not every woman can afford an LV, so it's nice that there are reasonable alternatives without going the fake route.

Yes, the Ava and croisette definitely have the same basic shape. On one hand it's bothersome, but when I think of classic shapes - multiple makers have totes like a neverfull, or dr bags (satchels) shaped like a speedy....and small satchels like the croisette. Maybe LV is a shape-leader that others follow.

Nothing is new. It's all been done before. So it shouldn't surprise anyone that bag shapes repeat themselves over the years and among designers.

The real issue is that some brands copy a style to purposely look like a best seller from another brand. We have all seen that "NF-like" tote in brown checker print produced by Michael Kors. That one is not simply another tote on the market, it was obviously designed to copy the DE NF.

Nothing is new. It's all been done before. So it shouldn't surprise anyone that bag shapes repeat themselves over the years and among designers.

The real issue is that some brands copy a style to purposely look like a best seller from another brand. We have all seen that "NF-like" tote in brown checker print produced by Michael Kors. That one is not simply another tote on the market, it was obviously designed to copy the DE NF.
I recently saw that bag and had the same reaction! I was shocked - same shape ok....but the exact same print too? That is crossing a line.

Reactions: Zucnarf
It just blows my mind. I guess at some point the money was just worth it to him to allow his name KORS=Copycat. The other day I saw an obvious fake Michael Kors bag. It was a fake of a knockoff Neverfull. Two times the fake. :P I read that many department stores are starting to pull Kors out of certain locations because people are no longer willing to pay $298-$398 for a bag when they know they can get a deal at the outlet. That Speedy thing was $398. ?!?!

One thing that makes me sad about his diffusion line is that it completely tarnishes his main line. I have some gorgeous pieces from the main line--they are well made of fine material, and have stood the test of time--but I hate the association with the MK line.

Reactions: jellyv
_9131778.jpg

_9155817.jpg

I got the pictures from the Nordstrom website here. Seriously, Michael Kors? Seriously?!?!

This is as blatant as it gets, really... :/ I'm currently saving for a Damier Azur Neverfull MM, and when I saw this I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry...
This bag was really old and is long discontinued. And I can recommend a psychologist to you too... She does teleconference sessions - that is, if your'e actually considering crying over a bag...

Yes, but this is better for women who want the style than these said women going to buy fake bags. It's good to have lower-priced alternatives on the market.

I couldn't agree more with all of you. My first thought was that it is a BeDior with a DiorBar clochette.
But at the end of the day, all Michael Kors bags are H&M quality, so no matter what design they have, the cheap heavily plastic-coated "leather" ruins it.
I respectfully disagree. His bags are not H&M quality, especially his high end actual Michael Kors line, which is very beautifully crafted, although a little pricey. And the leathers his high-end line use are much better quality than Empreinte, btw.

Although the bags in his diffusion line do use heavily coated saffiano, there are also bags in beautiful smooth leather and pebbled leather in his diffusion line as well. Also, saffiano is used by PRADA as well.