Loro Piana - L19 L27 pouches

I really don't see the big whoop about this bag. It just looks like a makeup pouch to me. Meh... Now, the LP Bale Bag? That's another story. I love it.

I resist LP bags altogether though, because to me it's just LV by another name. I'd assume the bags are made in the same factory.

I purchased an ostrich L19 2+ years ago before their popularity sky rocketed. At the time , they had multiple colors available for purchase in the display case and they were not too difficult to come by. Now, there are restrictions on how many an SA can sell in a given time period, when they can sell, and all require manager approval to sell to a given client. The demand is simply too high to keep up with current supply. They are great little bags and the L 27 is a fabulous practical bag when you need to carry more than just the bare minimum. I have my eye on the Bale bag and definitely plan to add one at some point. :smile:

Reactions: tmk_fr
It is definitely nice to look at, but since this bag is supposed to be a practical item, I don't think that this material/price point really make sense (other than catering to the ultra rich of course)
I'm on the fence about getting this bag in just the regular leather. Like you said, it's practical, but kind of hard to get and I've had Loro Piana bags that just ended up sitting in my closet with no use so I'm fearful of getting their leather goods.

I'm surprised this little thing just came onto the handbag scene out of nowhere.

For those interested in the L19 - I live in Canada and was able to pick up an L19 last night on the Loro Piana website. There may be some still available for those interested.

I have a couple of Kelly Pochettes and have always loved the shape of these small top handle bags. It's a nice alternative to a Kelly Pochette at a lower price point. The ability to use a strap is definitely useful.

I'm still using my pouches for organizing small items :love:

l1010976-jpg.1913421

I'm on the fence about getting this bag in just the regular leather. Like you said, it's practical, but kind of hard to get and I've had Loro Piana bags that just ended up sitting in my closet with no use so I'm fearful of getting their leather goods.

I'm surprised this little thing just came onto the handbag scene out of nowhere.
For what it is, I think the regular leather price point is best, however I personally prefer Ostrich because it feels a bit dressier for evenings and I've heard that Ostrich is a very resistant exotic. It's unfortunate that it's so hard to get now - I think the resellers trying to make people pay 4k for one in regular leather is nuts. I wouldn't pay full price (or more) for something you wouldn't get any after sales service for (as LP only services items bought from them directly).

I have a couple of Kelly Pochettes and have always loved the shape of these small top handle bags. It's a nice alternative to a Kelly Pochette at a lower price point. The ability to use a strap is definitely useful.
This is definitely the allure for me - to tide me over while I wait patiently for an MK & KP :biggrin:
Granted, I totally understand people who say the quality is nothing like an H bag, but there are times when I want something a little more under the radar.

Reactions: Coconuts40
For what it is, I think the regular leather price point is best, however I personally prefer Ostrich because it feels a bit dressier for evenings and I've heard that Ostrich is a very resistant exotic. It's unfortunate that it's so hard to get now - I think the resellers trying to make people pay 4k for one in regular leather is nuts. I wouldn't pay full price (or more) for something you wouldn't get any after sales service for (as LP only services items bought from them directly).
Try different stores. Ask your friends who are traveling if they could locate one for you. Do whatever you can, and be patient. And I agree, I wouldn't not pay 4k for regular leather. That's not right.

Reactions: tmk_fr