Looking for advice!! 😩

I purchased my first (and only) Chanel last year - the medium coco handle. I also was looking for a bag that could be worn (exclusively) crossbody, and that held all of my essential items. While the bag is stunning, and I do love it, you hit the nail on the head regarding the discomfort of the handle while wearing the bag crossbody. Additionally, the strap that came with the CCH is VERY short (I’m 5’5), and had to purchase a longer strap from Etsy.

If you’re still on the fence about your bag, I would recommend this seasonal option. It’s lambskin, with an adjustable strap, and it’s a great size. My sister got one last year, and I also tried it on during the summer, and it seems like it might be the perfect option for you.

View attachment 5898445View attachment 5898447
Love that!! It's beautiful! I will see if they have one that I can look at and try on. Thank you!!

Reactions: nycgirl79
Thank you everyone for your feedback! It has really helped me a lot. I am new to Chanel so I have taken in every piece of advice you have given! I am going in to return my bag today. I want to see what else they have or can get soon. If there is nothing there that I love, then I will wait until the right bag comes along. Last night after going back and forth in my head again for the 100th time, I realized that the hard metal top handle over time might drive me nuts. If I am not doing back flips with joy for this bag for this kind of money, I have to give it back. Thanks again for your feed back!! I'll post if I end up with something new!! =)

Love that!! It's beautiful! I will see if they have one that I can look at and try on. Thank you!!

Good luck, I really hope they have it in stock!

I agree with you 100%. These items are too expensive to keep if you’re not completely happy. Don’t settle, the right bag is definitely out there!

Reactions: jjjjt and Loriad
Here is the small Trendy CC with the dimensions. It's a beautiful bag.

The bags out now for 24C are the new mini size with the rainbow letters.
Chanel also makes variations of the classic Trendy CC that includes more or a cut sparkly CC/raised gold letters.
I personally prefer the classic version.

As you look at Trendy CCs, note that Chanel seems to alternate the release of Trendy CC and Coco Handle each season.
The current season, 24C, focuses on the mini Trendy CC. This means next season, the focus will be on the Coco Handle. That seems to be the trend, but of course, it's not a given.

If you are looking for the basic black color, you can just ask your SA to reserve one for you when they come in as black is an often repeated color.

Note also on the Coco Handle, some seasonal versions have a "gold chain" stitched to the top of the handle. For me, it's a bit loud.
I don't mind the CC logo, but I am not a fan of all that extra added gold.

Finally...
Since you are new to Chanel bags... I need to mentioned the all metal chain. I hate the classic chain... it digs into my shoulders!
I'm small, and I seem to have boney shoulders and collarbone. This also means that I cannot wear that metal chain strap long term as it digs into my shoulders. Yes, I can wear a mini crossbody for a short period such as running errands, but I can't wear it longer, say, walking the city streets for a day. It just digs into my shoulders/rubs my collarbone. Then, I have to keep adjusting and moving it, which then defeats the purpose of a comfy crossbody bag.

It's getting cool now, so people are wearing thicker clothes. Try on a chain bag in summer/light clothes, and see if it bugs you. You may be fine, but just FYI. And try it on with your stuff inside, not empty. This may not be an issue to you, but FYI as it would be a waste of money to buy that bag only to be annoyed when wearing it.

For me, whe I buy Chanel bags that have chains, I only buy ones that have the leather strip in the center of the chain. I need that for comfort. Both the Coco Handle and Trendy CC have that leather strip.

I think it's a wise decision to return the bag you bought. I don't think you'll love it after a season or two (it will look screaming logo loud as well as a bit dated).

Good luck to you! Buying Chanel is super fun. No need to rush. Work with your SA to ask her what's coming out next season, and you can get on the list for the bag you want.

I have been digging deep watching videos and reviews. I am definitely leaning towards keeping this bag. And you're right, I might end up with both bags down the road! ha ha
IMO the fact that the strap is the perfect length is really important.
And, I also like the top handle and the fact that it’s lamb. It is more luxe than caviar. :smile:

ETa: just read that you will return it! Good luck finding the perfect bag for you!

Thank you all!! I returned the bag. Kinda sad to let it go, but I knew I needed to. Unfortunately, they had nothing else available that I would love to purchase. I tried on a few bags. But the straps were too short so I could not wear them as a crossbody. I will wait until they have a better selection for me to look at. Thank you all again for your help!!! Happy Holidays!!

Have you seen a Chanel Rectangular Mini Flap? It's surprisingly roomy and holds nearly as much as a Small Classic Flap. The advantage of the Mini is that it's a crossbody bag, which you seem to want. It's an extremely versatile style, especially if you opt for lambskin for an elegant day to night option.

• Love
Reactions: jjjjt
Have you seen a Chanel Rectangular Mini Flap? It's surprisingly roomy and holds nearly as much as a Small Classic Flap. The advantage of the Mini is that it's a crossbody bag, which you seem to want. It's an extremely versatile style, especially if you opt for lambskin for an elegant day to night option.
Yes, I saw them! Love them! I asked to see one but they did not have one available for me to look at and try on. I will keep an eye out for that one next time I go in there!

@880 and I have Chanel Rectangular SO Black Mini Flaps. They're somewhat under the radar,"if you-know-you-know bags." I would buy it again in a heart beat.

One thing I'd like to mention about Chanel's seasonal bags. Compared with Classic Flaps, I believe they don't seem to hold their value. I'm throwing the Rectangular Minis into the Classic Flap category because they do hold their value.

Reactions: jjjjt
I’d say return it. The thing is, while it’s an absolutely lovely bag, you should not have these worries. It’s the honeymoon phase, you should be over the moon with your purchase, not second guessing it. And the worries you mention are quite practical too, they might really bug you in the future.