Looking for advice!! 😩

jjjjt

Jan 13, 2023
Hi!! I’m looking for some advice! I just purchased my very first Chanel bag.😍 I was not expecting to buy one but next thing you know I left the boutique with one. 🤣 Anyway, originally I thought I would want a small classic flap in caviar or the small top handle coco bag in caviar. I purchased a small flap lambskin black with ghw and a hard metal top handle. It’s a seasonal bag. My question is should I return this seasonal bag and get one of the above classics as my first Chanel purchase? I hate getting home and being confused! 😩. One thing about this seasonal bag that I will note is that the crossbody chain is the perfect length on my petite frame. I’m 5’. Some of the crossbody chains seem to be either way too short or way too long. They told me that this bag just came in the day I was there.

Attachments

• A3B8B290-8B2F-45B6-B94A-4B9C25332320.jpeg
    A3B8B290-8B2F-45B6-B94A-4B9C25332320.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 4A29C1D8-0D07-4890-9438-8970BE84314E.jpeg
    4A29C1D8-0D07-4890-9438-8970BE84314E.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 1ABF78EE-FBFA-43F2-B4F8-176804FF95E2.jpeg
    1ABF78EE-FBFA-43F2-B4F8-176804FF95E2.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 171
It's a lovely bag 🤩

But I know what you mean.. I wanted a top handle and ended up with seasonal trendy. From now and then I still think about the top handle and if I made a good choice.

Go with your gut instinct! Best part is both bags are lovely so you can't go wrong 😂

Reactions: jjjjt
It's beautiful but will you still desire the classic flap , or feel like you made a mistake with this one? If so then exchange it while you can.
Also do you want the classic flap because it's a 'classic' and what you're supposed to have or do you really prefer it?
I feel like I want it because it seems everyone is saying if you are only going to get one bag (for now at least) then go with a classic. And go with the caviar leather not the lambskin leather. I love them all really.

Reactions: A bottle of Red
It's a lovely bag 🤩

But I know what you mean.. I wanted a top handle and ended up with seasonal trendy. From now and then I still think about the top handle and if I made a good choice.

Go with your gut instinct! Best part is both bags are lovely so you can't go wrong 😂
The top handle coco bag is probably my favorite and I have been looking at them for awhile. I think you can do crossbody with those but I'm not sure. Love that there is the option to grab the handle and not just a long strap.

Reactions: LJChicago
Thank you for all of your responses! I do really love the bag. The pros are - love the look of the bag, I do like the lambskin on this one, and I love the length of the crossbody chain. The cons are - I am not loving that very hard top handle. It hits your body when you open it while wearing it and I am scared it's going to get knocked loose. I also would love a bag that has a TAD bit more room. This bag is not terrible in size, I can get my small LV zip wallet, my iPhone, my keys and maybe a lipstick. That's it. I feel like I was a bit flustered in the store and made a quick decision because they were closing. And of course they were pushing this bag saying it just dropped and came in that day. Ugh, if I can't make up my mind, I might just return it and give myself more time to decide on the perfect first bag maybe. This could all drive me crazy! :lol:

Reactions: BreezyE
The length of this strap is about 22 inches. So it's a decent crossbody. Does anyone know of a bag that has a top handle and a crossbody strap with around the same length? Or if not a top handle, just a crossbody like the classic that has around that size strap? Also, what do you all think of buying brand new at the Boutique as opposed to getting one preloved from a reseller site? I realize that Chanel has really increased their prices. This little bag was well over $6,500, so was wondering too if I might get a nice preloved one for a little better price? It's still a lot of money, that's why I'm stressing myself with trying to figure it out before my window closes on returning the bag. I have to ask myself, will I love this bag forever?