Looking for advice!! šŸ˜©

The top handle coco bag is probably my favorite and I have been looking at them for awhile. I think you can do crossbody with those but I'm not sure. Love that there is the option to grab the handle and not just a long strap.
I know 3 of my friends with them that are around the same height and size as me. They do cross body occasionally but it looks very short and uncomfortable.

But with that said, I like to hand hold most of my bags šŸ˜ but crossbody would be a nice alternative

I know 3 of my friends with them that are around the same height and size as me. They do cross body occasionally but it looks very short and uncomfortable.

But with that said, I like to hand hold most of my bags šŸ˜ but crossbody would be a nice alternative
Thank you! Thatā€™s good to know. They did not have one in the boutique for me to try on. Our boutique is very small tucked into a Neiman Marcus. They did not have a very good selection.

I love the look and feel of the lambskin as well but you need to really love the bag and if the handle annoys you now, it will continue to annoy you.
Take your time to think over what you really want and will love , regardless of what anyone else says
Yes, thank you!! I love the top handle, but I think I would like a softer one. Iā€™m hoping to make my decision over this weekend so that I can go back in on Monday to return if thatā€™s what Iā€™m going to do. Just really on the fence. Iā€™m driving myself crazy. šŸ˜«šŸ˜‚

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Itā€™s beautiful and looks like a classic minus the top handle. If youā€™re wanting a classic with the option to crossbody, a reissue may be for you to consider. I LOVE my 225 chevron so black reissue so much that I pretty much use this on a daily basis over my other Chanel purses. It goes with everything and can crossbody. Good Luck deciding! šŸ˜Š

• Love
Reactions: BreezyE and jjjjt
i think you might up end up with both bags. but if you are already rethinking your decision, then you probably want the other bag more. have you tried the small cf? perhaps, you can compare how you like them side by side and make a decision.

Reactions: jjjjt and BreezyE
i think you might up end up with both bags. but if you are already rethinking your decision, then you probably want the other bag more. have you tried the small cf? perhaps, you can compare how you like them side by side and make a decision.
I have been digging deep watching videos and reviews. I am definitely leaning towards keeping this bag. And you're right, I might end up with both bags down the road! ha ha

Reactions: BreezyE
Hi! If it were me, I would return this bag. Why?
If I wanted a top handle bag, I would get either a Coco Handle (size Small/Med) or Trendy CC (size small). These two bags are classics, they hold a lot. You can wear both of these crossbody. As FYI, I am 5' 2", and I can wear both of these crossbody. However, the medium classic flap looks too short on me when I wear it crossbody.. it looks odd.

The bag you have is nice, but to me, the biggest con is the gold top handle. I find it super loud, especially C H A N E L all in gold, and while it may be in this seasonal, I think it will look dated in a few years. Plus, add to the braided gold CC twist lock, and it's a lot of screaming gold. That's just me. Just be sure this bag is something you will still wear a few years from now.

Also, the bag you have is a bit small based on your earlier comments. It will "work" but it's not optimal. I think you will find it limiting as your only Chanel bag.

My gut says you don't love it, and it was a panic buy. Hence, I would return it and be patient.

On the classic flap, I have tried to love that bag, but I can't. It's not me. Don't feel like you have to get a "classic" if it does not work for you. I love top handles, and I love the Coco Handle.

Buy a bag that works for you. All Chanels are gorgeous!

Just my two cents. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
It's so funny because everyone acts like the caviar is the best and if you get the lambskin you are getting something lesser. I do love the look and feel of the lambskin, I think it's beautiful.
People say caviar is best because for them, their priority is durability, and they are probably afraid of lambskin.
Lambskin is far more beautiful and luxurious to me. I have both leathers, and my SLGs (credit card holder and mini o-case) are both in lambskin. This means these little guys get beat to death from use and being in my wallet. For sure, caviar stays looking pristine longer, but there is no comparison to the beauty of lambskin, even if it's a bit beat up. I would get lambskin as my first choice.

If you love lambskin and a top handle bag, the Trendy CC is the bag!
This season, Chanel introduced the mini Trendy CC. The colors might be a bit loud if this will be your only bag, and the colors scream of summer so the colors are not quite year-round colors. Also, some Trendy CCs have a rainbow C H A N E L which you may or may not like. Just FYI but these mini Trendy CCs are arriving now in the stores.

Good luck to you!

Last edited:
People say caviar is best because for them, their priority is durability, and they are probably afraid of lambskin.
Lambskin is far more beautiful and luxurious to me. I have both leathers, and my SLGs (credit card holder and mini o-case) are both in lambskin. This means these little guys get beat to death from use and being in my wallet. For sure, caviar stays looking pristine longer, but there is no comparison to the beauty of lambskin, even if it's a bit beat up. I would get lambskin as my first choice.

This season, Chanel introduced the mini Trendy CC. The colors might be a bit loud if this will be your only bag, and the colors scream of summer so the colors are not quite year-round colors. Also, some Trendy CCs have a rainbow C H A N E L which you may or may not like. Just FYI but these mini Trendy CCs are arriving now in the stores.

Good luck to you!
Hi!! This was all GREAT information!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me! I really appreciate it!! It has given me a lot to think about!! I absolutely love the coco handle too. I have not really looked at the Trendy CCs that much but I will start to check them out. Do you have any idea what the price points are for both those bags? I need to find the measurements for both of those bags as well. I do love the bag I have now, I think it is so pretty and would use it more as a dressy going out bag. But, you are right about the top handle. I do not love the ornate metal handle and I am worried that it would bother me over the years. I have one more week left to return so this has helped me a lot with making a decision! Thank you!! =)

Good luck to you!
And you are right about the lambskin vs caviar, after searching pics, videos and reviews, I really love the look of the lambskin more. I do not mind if it gets a little beat up, that kind of stuff does not really bother me. I want to use and wear my bags. I don't want to be stressed out about getting a scratch.

Reactions: carrie8
I purchased my first (and only) Chanel last year - the medium coco handle. I also was looking for a bag that could be worn (exclusively) crossbody, and that held all of my essential items. While the bag is stunning, and I do love it, you hit the nail on the head regarding the discomfort of the handle while wearing the bag crossbody. Additionally, the strap that came with the CCH is VERY short (Iā€™m 5ā€™5), and had to purchase a longer strap from Etsy.

If youā€™re still on the fence about your bag, I would recommend this seasonal option. Itā€™s lambskin, with an adjustable strap, and itā€™s a great size. My sister got one last year, and I also tried it on during the summer, and it seems like it might be the perfect option for you.

IMG_1238.jpegIMG_9845.png

Attachments

• IMG_1254.png
    IMG_1254.png
    762.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Love
Reactions: jjjjt