Look what my cat did!

I know that it is annoying - my kitten did the same to my DE thames a few years back - but now that he has grown up I actually smile every time i see his little teeth marks (cheesy - I know :smile:). I honestly think that as patina develops the bite marks on your delightful will become much less noticeable. I'd spend your money on something new and exciting and keep loving your delightful with it's personal touch :smile:

This brought a smile to my face, I have a 80lb black lab and I love him to bits, pain in the *** though, but he brings such enjoyment to our lives.:smile:

I'm so sorry your cat did that to your beautiful bag! Although I think it's hardly noticeable, I understand your concern. I'm so anal about these things and once I notice a flaw, that's all I can focus on. You'll eventually get over it. I got ink on the inside of my LV strap from a broken pen that I didn't notice. Drove me crazy and I also considered having the strap replaced but I decided against it in the end bc you can barely notice it.

My Tigger chewed up a bag like that, thankfully a no-name $75 bag long before I thought of getting anything designer. I kept my good bags in a drawer once I had some but he never seems to be interested so I've loosened up lately. I agree with those who say it's not really bad damage and someday you might think of it sentimentally (after he's gone). I wouldn't repair it, it's not like he totally chewed through the strap and you can't use the bag.

Thank you all for your wonderful replies! It cost $200 to replace the strap. I'm going to see if I can live with it. If it bugs me, I'll have it repaired. I live 3 hours away from the nearest LV store, so I have time to think about it since I'm not going to the city anytime soon. I never thought he would do something like this. Although it shouldn't surprise me, as he's quite found of unrolling balls of yarn. :catlick:

So true… totally off topic but on the line of thinking with your comment. My horse was put down (after being hit by a car) and years later someone broke into our property and stole her saddle and briddle etc, I felt like I lost her all over again. So I would definitely hold onto this strap so I could look back on it one day and think about how such a silly cat can light up my life...:balloon:
I am so sorry about your horse. :hugs:

Bad Kitty!! :P Im sorry about your bag. I dont think its anything that would be noticed unless someone looked close. Later on you can have the leather replaced if you want...good thing its only the leather, not the canvas!

If you dont already, look into buying a enclosed case for your bags (one with clear glass if you would like to see them!) you can buy inexpensive ones from Ikea, target.com, or overstock.com.

:lol:

Well, I am an animal lover too and all I say is that I hope your SA is right. I would probably just hold off a bit on replacing the strap and see how it looks as the patina develops more. So sorry that happened to you.... animals! What can you do?? My dog has destroyed several things in my house (not LV, thankfully) and I never can bring myself to get upset with him. He gets away with WAY more than my kids do... GL!!

Yes, there is definitely something about vachetta that makes a kitty want to nibble! About 5 years ago my friend's cat nibbled my Priscilla black multicolore handle when I was over her house. I did eventually get rid of the bag because it bothered me too much.

Aww.. My cat clawed one of my cosmetic cases (non LV). I think they are attracted to leather and its smell. I agree with others that said use the repair money for something else. I would be upset, too, but not enough to spend money on a new strap.

Ugh, that's awful but it was nice to see your sense of humor about it! As my husband always says about our son's cat (who's living with us for a while) "He's lucky he's so damn cute!!" I just found him rubbing up against my speedy tonight and now I'm worried! If he ever chewed on one of my LV's I would have a fit!