Loewe x Spirited Away

Chimmy, I think you'll find a lot of posts expressing the same frustrations in this thread. This is my first time purchasing at this price point, and I have no issues with the quality. (Although, it's bad that that one star is coming off. I assume they'll fix it under warranty?) I've also had good experiences with SAs in store. Purchasing from the website seems to have been frustrating for a lot of people, though. I guess as a brand they're not used to doing "drops" with this kind of demand and they still haven't got it right. For packaging, I have no idea why there wasn't, at minimum, a special sleeve for every product. Even if they assumed many people would buy multiple items, I'm sure for these prices they could have afforded one bag and one notebook/postcard set/sticker set for each product too. Maybe it's a deliberate incentive to buy early? I also found small inconsistencies like for my first purchase, the SA told me I couldn't keep the lucky draw "bath token", but the second purchase (somewhere else) I could.

Reactions: peppermint_tea
Hi all!

I have no idea why I didn't know this forum existed, I've been starving to talk fashion with just about anyone!

I've been going through this thread, and sadly, I am one of those unfortunate people who's order got cancelled.

I placed 2 orders right when the collection dropped during the pre-sale. One order that only had the strap shipped. Another order had a bag and 2 wallets was being processed for a week until I messaged them on Instagram and was told that it would need to be cancelled. Luckily for me, the bag was in stock in my local store. I managed to order one of wallets (thank god it was the birthday gift for my sister) through a personal shopper (with a 20% increase in price).. The other cardholder is only available in Japan and LOEWE said they won't help source it for me.

To be honest, I don't want to recount all that I experienced, because I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread and I don't want to sound like a broken record. I also feel bad as I did manage to get some items while others didn't.. I keep telling myself that I should just be grateful..

But I will say, after I placed my order, I went to the pop-up and saw that one Susuwatari Wallet (the only thing I didn't get) in stock and it kind of annoys me that if LOEWE had just contacted me within 2 days of placing me order I might have been able to get it.

I did also get the susuwatari Mini-puzzle, was sitting in my closet in a dust bag, in the box and when I took it out a couple of days ago, I noticed the top pink star peeling off already... Something that a youtuber who purchased this bag also faced.. So for those of you who have that bag, watch out for that one specific star!

I also found it a bit annoying that they didn't include the Spirited Away packaging for the strap and when I inquired I was told that it was until stock lasts... Um.. this is a limited edition collection, how do you not produce the same amount of packaging for the corresponding stock?! Also, a few days later someone on social media complained that they didn't receive the packaging, and LOEWE sent him the packaging and the freebies (notebooks and stickers)... It's nice to see them treat their patrons equally...

That one wallet that I ordered through the personal shopper was purchased from Spain... So I guess they had a strict policy of not sourcing products from stores to fulfill orders placed online...

But dealing with LOEWE and this release has really turned me away from luxury shopping and made me realize that it is no longer worth it to purchase designer items that are priced this high and come with such poor level of quality, customer service, and treatment. If I wanted this experience I would have just gone to Supreme not LOEWE and the high caliber likes of fashion designers.

Anyways sorry for rambling!

Sorry for your mixed experience.
As about the star on the mini puzzle, I specifically asked my SA in the store about what to do if that might happen and she said that in case something happens with the marquetry I should just bring it in and they will fix it.

I am sure especially as your bag is new anyway they will do that in every case for your bag.

Hi all!

I have no idea why I didn't know this forum existed, I've been starving to talk fashion with just about anyone!

I've been going through this thread, and sadly, I am one of those unfortunate people who's order got cancelled.

I placed 2 orders right when the collection dropped during the pre-sale. One order that only had the strap shipped. Another order had a bag and 2 wallets was being processed for a week until I messaged them on Instagram and was told that it would need to be cancelled. Luckily for me, the bag was in stock in my local store. I managed to order one of wallets (thank god it was the birthday gift for my sister) through a personal shopper (with a 20% increase in price).. The other cardholder is only available in Japan and LOEWE said they won't help source it for me.

To be honest, I don't want to recount all that I experienced, because I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread and I don't want to sound like a broken record. I also feel bad as I did manage to get some items while others didn't.. I keep telling myself that I should just be grateful..

But I will say, after I placed my order, I went to the pop-up and saw that one Susuwatari Wallet (the only thing I didn't get) in stock and it kind of annoys me that if LOEWE had just contacted me within 2 days of placing me order I might have been able to get it.

I did also get the susuwatari Mini-puzzle, was sitting in my closet in a dust bag, in the box and when I took it out a couple of days ago, I noticed the top pink star peeling off already... Something that a youtuber who purchased this bag also faced.. So for those of you who have that bag, watch out for that one specific star!

I also found it a bit annoying that they didn't include the Spirited Away packaging for the strap and when I inquired I was told that it was until stock lasts... Um.. this is a limited edition collection, how do you not produce the same amount of packaging for the corresponding stock?! Also, a few days later someone on social media complained that they didn't receive the packaging, and LOEWE sent him the packaging and the freebies (notebooks and stickers)... It's nice to see them treat their patrons equally...

That one wallet that I ordered through the personal shopper was purchased from Spain... So I guess they had a strict policy of not sourcing products from stores to fulfill orders placed online...

But dealing with LOEWE and this release has really turned me away from luxury shopping and made me realize that it is no longer worth it to purchase designer items that are priced this high and come with such poor level of quality, customer service, and treatment. If I wanted this experience I would have just gone to Supreme not LOEWE and the high caliber likes of fashion designers.

Very sorry to hear of your experience and agree that luxury shopping should not be this stressful or frustrating... But the truth of the matter is hype drops all work the same way from Supreme to Chanel, and everyday shoppers like most of us simply don't have the level of access that (sadly) resellers (and sometimes VICs) do. Loewe has already done better this year compared to last but as a brand that is very green when it comes to hype drops (our SA said that they have never had to really deal with queues and collections selling out so rapidly until the Totoro collection last year), they really still have a lot of room for improvement.

For the pink star that's peeling, it should be a repair that can be initiated at your local store. Loewe is pretty good with honoring repairs when needed!

I sadly didnt get the notebook and co either :sad: They are getting sold for high prices on ebay now.
I didn't get them either and reached out to them via Instagram and their customer service. They told me nothing is available anymore and it was limited, so I basically came too late even though I bought the bag from a store the day it was launched. I was really nagging them and two weeks later they sent me an email that they got hold of a notebook for me and will send it in February. Let's wait and see if I really get it. I don't really trust it to arrive :lol:

Reactions: peppermint_tea
Hi all!

I was also annoyed to see that person get all the freebies and packaging, as well as a personalized note and others get nothing, but they are a beloved luxury tiktoker so they do get special treatment. I would have liked to get a little something though.

Thank you guys so much! I was worried when I posted my long post cause I didn't want to get on anyone's nerves, and you guys were so cool!! :smile:

Chimmy, I think you'll find a lot of posts expressing the same frustrations in this thread. This is my first time purchasing at this price point, and I have no issues with the quality. (Although, it's bad that that one star is coming off. I assume they'll fix it under warranty?) I've also had good experiences with SAs in store. Purchasing from the website seems to have been frustrating for a lot of people, though. I guess as a brand they're not used to doing "drops" with this kind of demand and they still haven't got it right. For packaging, I have no idea why there wasn't, at minimum, a special sleeve for every product. Even if they assumed many people would buy multiple items, I'm sure for these prices they could have afforded one bag and one notebook/postcard set/sticker set for each product too. Maybe it's a deliberate incentive to buy early? I also found small inconsistencies like for my first purchase, the SA told me I couldn't keep the lucky draw "bath token", but the second purchase (somewhere else) I could.
I sadly didnt get the notebook and co either They are getting sold for high prices on ebay now.

Actually I talked to one of the SA and he told me that there were staff that were specifically hired to man the Spirited Away collection, so the existing SA's had limited control on how things are packaged and what is included. And he said that's why there are a lot of inconsistencies.

I made two purchases over the phone since I am immunocompromised, and both arrived without the bath token. I did manage to get one, but I'm fighting with the pop-up SA to get the other one and they're refusing to send it to me (even though I specifically reminded the regular LOEWE SA multiple times to include the bath token)... Otherwise, I am seeing people having these items shipped with the bath tokes and with multiple notebooks as gifts. So there is definitely a loose following of the rules. My friend was also denied the choice to choose which paper bag to get, I am not sure if it was like that everyone else.

Sorry for your mixed experience.
As about the star on the mini puzzle, I specifically asked my SA in the store about what to do if that might happen and she said that in case something happens with the marquetry I should just bring it in and they will fix it.

I am sure especially as your bag is new anyway they will do that in every case for your bag.

What I'm worried about is sending the bag and them responding with "We apologize for this inconvenience, however this was part of a limited edition collection and as such we are unable to source the material to fix this damage. Here is store credit, you can try to fight us for a refund, but we won't give it to you ;)"

I didn't get them either and reached out to them via Instagram and their customer service. They told me nothing is available anymore and it was limited, so I basically came too late even though I bought the bag from a store the day it was launched. I was really nagging them and two weeks later they sent me an email that they got hold of a notebook for me and will send it in February. Let's wait and see if I really get it. I don't really trust it to arrive :lol:
I was also annoyed to see that person get all the freebies and packaging, as well as a personalized note and others get nothing, but they are a beloved luxury tiktoker so they do get special treatment. I would have liked to get a little something though.

I want to stress, I have no problems with that individual on tiktok, I actually thought he was extremely nice about it and didn't even make a big deal out of it in his original video. My issue was with them telling me that it was out of stock and that I was unlucky! But a week later, they send him and a few others the packaging and other freebies.
It seems a lot of people got the limited edition notebook message, so they probably got some back after they had closed all the pop-ups (on the 16th of Jan I think). It will be interesting to see if they only send one notebook, considering SAs have been handing out bundles of them to purchasers in store haha.

Perhaps if LOEWE took more of an initiative and some responsibility, people wouldn't be so upset. The comments on multiple spirited away posts were filled with people complaining about packaging. So LOEWE could have easily sent out an email telling people that they're producing more of the packaging, which wouldn't cost much tbh and shipping would be minimal as it is just a piece of cardboard. We have seen that happen with multiple companies and brands. All you do is ask the customer to fill out a form.

Ultimately this just shows that LOEWE is inexperienced with this specific demographic. They thought the people who purchased the spirited away items were just like regular luxury shoppers, who throw out the box and the bag in the dumpster on the street or flat out tell the SA to not include it. Their inability to grasp and deal with the "luxury" treatment that their customers are asking for tells me that they have a long way to go with their services... Or maybe we are just being too petty and childish? Who knows.

All in all, I can safely say that this was an eye opening experience for me. I used to be so into collectible figures and I ended up leaving that world cause the joy of obtaining something was overshadowed by the stress of getting it and stress of the next purchase. So I decided to take a long break and reflect on the items that I have in an effort to be more conscious of my spending and needs. and I'm loving it so far!

Reactions: Mikab
Just bought it... wondering/concerned why it's still showing in stock now if there was only 1 in stock...

It'll pop up as "product not in stock" if someone else tries to add. Based on others comments, MyTheresa seems to be on top of it when it comes to actual inventory and then zeroing out, it's just that the website doesn't catch up immediately

It'll pop up as "product not in stock" if someone else tries to add. Based on others comments, MyTheresa seems to be on top of it when it comes to actual inventory and then zeroing out, it's just that the website doesn't catch up immediately

After my ghost order on Loewe's site and then managing to actually order items as they came back in stock on MT, I agree! :flowers:

The Kaonashi cookie pouch was randomly back in stock on MyTheresa (missed the email notice for the keychain that I actually wanted last week), so added that too...

After my ghost order on Loewe's site and then managing to actually order items as they came back in stock on MT, I agree! :flowers:

The Kaonashi cookie pouch was randomly back in stock on MyTheresa (missed the email notice for the keychain that I actually wanted last week), so added that too...

Since LOEWE's site keeps increasing the number of items they have "in-stock" but not available (minus RTW, how are in stock scarves not RTW?), I have a very vague hope that they just push all this supposed inventory to MyTheresa to sell since LOEWE's CS is just done with all of us

Actually, I don‘t get all the fuss and stress about scoring a notebook and the packaging and nagging at CS, who mostly can‘t do much anyway.
My main concern was to get a hand on my wish product itself. That was difficult enough.
Would be great to score a Kaonashi Hammock at some time…

Actually, I don‘t get all the fuss and stress about scoring a notebook and the packaging and nagging at CS, who mostly can‘t do much anyway.
My main concern was to get a hand on my wish product itself. That was difficult enough.
Would be great to score a Kaonashi Hammock at some time…

I think it differs based on everyone's perspective and how they feel about their experience.
In my case, I think that the inflated prices include the prestige customer service experience and it all adds to the luxury of it. Packaging and presentation from luxury brands is always taken into high consideration in the planning process by these brands, so I view it as part of the product.

As for customer service. They can 100% do something. I had a friend of mine email a brand about an SA who sold him a shoe under the guise that it doesn't come in a wider size range and the brand sent him a brand new shoe. Customer service can always escalate the issue and find a solution, even if it's a compromise, which in this case was the notebook.