Loewe x Spirited Away

Help! I finally received my Soot wallet from the phantom stock period, however unfortunately I'm a little underwhelmed with the product! I do think it's super cute, so soft to the touch, and the quality is flawless, but it's larger than I anticipated and am not sure if I will use it as most of my bags are mini. Do I keep it as a collector's piece, or return and put the funds towards a regular puzzle bag?

Is it the brown one or the mint one? Either way - do you like to have things just as collector items? Will you still enjoy just having it even if it never gets used? If so, and you have the funds, I’d keep it. If it’s going to sit in a box to be taken out once a year to think, “So cute! Still not my style,” then I’d send it back and keep the cash for something you’ll actually use.

If you’re uncertain, there’s no harm in keeping it for now. I’m sure you’d be able to sell it on for what you paid if not more. (I’m no expert, but comments here about last year’s Totoro collection implied reselling prices went down for most items after a few months, but still above retail.)

I got the blue Boh puzzle and the frog wallet. I would have preferred the frog cardholder and my ultimate goal is the frog flamenco, but I haven’t had any luck finding them at a price I’m willing to pay. I believe the Hong Kong pop up (which has the most stock, although still limited now) is open until 6th February; I’m going to swing by one more time and if they still have the duck cardholder I’ll get it, despite the white leather. I’ll just have to treat it gently!
Our SA just told us a frog cardholder came in stock in Singapore! Good luck with stock availability in HK!

I had to cave in and get this cardholder, because it is just to cute!
And love that is is smaller than a regular portemonnaie. More space in the bag for other things! :biggrin:

Has anybody already using their pieces or the marquetry pieces from the Totoro collaboration? How is the Marquetry holding up? I would like to use the pieces so I can look at them everyday. :biggrin: These are my first Loewe pieces and I read that they are usually very sturdy.

I use my bags from the Totoro collection weekly and they have held up quite well in the last year :smile:

Our SA just told us a frog cardholder came in stock in Singapore! Good luck with stock availability in HK!

I have found it!!! I walked past the pop up today and saw three new items - the frog cardholder, the red Kaonashi wallet and the Yubaba tote. Unfortunately I wasn't able to buy as they closed early for Chinese New Year, but fingers crossed I can get it tomorrow.

Does anyone know how it works exchanging a more expensive item for a cheaper one? I was told no returns for this collection but exchanges allowed. I'm trying to decide if I should return the frog wallet for the cardholder, as I always liked the cardholder more and I do actually want a mini-wallet type item for smaller bags. But I'm not sure how it works with the price difference.

Technically I can afford both, though, and I do love the frog. The other option would be to exchange the frog wallet for the Kaonashi wallet when I purchase the frog cardholder, so I have things with different characters on. Talk about first world problems!

I have found it!!! I walked past the pop up today and saw three new items - the frog cardholder, the red Kaonashi wallet and the Yubaba tote. Unfortunately I wasn't able to buy as they closed early for Chinese New Year, but fingers crossed I can get it tomorrow.

Does anyone know how it works exchanging a more expensive item for a cheaper one? I was told no returns for this collection but exchanges allowed. I'm trying to decide if I should return the frog wallet for the cardholder, as I always liked the cardholder more and I do actually want a mini-wallet type item for smaller bags. But I'm not sure how it works with the price difference.

Technically I can afford both, though, and I do love the frog. The other option would be to exchange the frog wallet for the Kaonashi wallet when I purchase the frog cardholder, so I have things with different characters on. Talk about first world problems!

I’d ask if you can exchange the wallet for the frog cardholder and get a refund for the difference, if not, then get the Kaonashi wallet as well so you have different characters.

Also just wondering has anyone had any luck with getting the otori sama scarf (after the presale/launch days)? And if so was it instore or online? This has been the one item I’ve reallyyy wanted so bad since launch day as my local store only had one and it sold first thing, and once I went online it was also sold out :crybaby: I’ve been stalking the website for it ever since and not once have I seen it, not even during the phantom stock…just wanted to ask if anyone has managed to get it (and I was too slow or sleeping to see it haha) or if anyone who double ordered it (as I recall seeing some ppl accidentally ordered two? During the ordering mayhem) have returned any and if so would it be possible they’d put that back online?

Ahh I’m so sad I’ve missed it, it would put me at Loewe Spirited Away purchase peace finally, if I can manage to find it haha. Any help/info would be appreciated! Thankyou :smile:

Hey! I saw this on the MyTheresa website. Click here if you're still interested. :smile:

Thanks for the tip!! Is buyma legit? I've never used it before but I'm getting so tempted. The mini puzzle is way cheaper compared to buying from Loewe...how does that work? Is it just cheaper there compared to Canada? It's so tempting but I don't want to get scammed :|

View attachment 5300519View attachment 5300520

I just ordered a Susuwatari anagram tote from Buyma cuz I really wanted it... I hope it works out for me and I didn't get scammed :/

Congrats to the scarf people! I know someone really wanted it. Had a glance at My Theresa and it seems they're either getting returns or extra stock for several items in (leather jacket anyone?). It would be useful if there was a way to see everything they had initially.

I couldn't exchange for a cheaper product so I bought the frog cardholder and kept the wallet too. The SA has put the Kaonashi one aside for me to think about (and said she's still trying to source the frog bag for me - in which case I'd definitely be returning the wallet!). The pop up is open for four more days but they are out of everything special in the packaging department - didn't even get the cardboard susuwatari tag on my bag. Also no lucky draw anymore. You'd think they could at least print enough special sleeves given they know exactly how many products they made ...

Hi all!

I have no idea why I didn't know this forum existed, I've been starving to talk fashion with just about anyone!

I've been going through this thread, and sadly, I am one of those unfortunate people who's order got cancelled.

I placed 2 orders right when the collection dropped during the pre-sale. One order that only had the strap shipped. Another order had a bag and 2 wallets was being processed for a week until I messaged them on Instagram and was told that it would need to be cancelled. Luckily for me, the bag was in stock in my local store. I managed to order one of wallets (thank god it was the birthday gift for my sister) through a personal shopper (with a 20% increase in price).. The other cardholder is only available in Japan and LOEWE said they won't help source it for me.

To be honest, I don't want to recount all that I experienced, because I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread and I don't want to sound like a broken record. I also feel bad as I did manage to get some items while others didn't.. I keep telling myself that I should just be grateful..

But I will say, after I placed my order, I went to the pop-up and saw that one Susuwatari Wallet (the only thing I didn't get) in stock and it kind of annoys me that if LOEWE had just contacted me within 2 days of placing me order I might have been able to get it.

I did also get the susuwatari Mini-puzzle, was sitting in my closet in a dust bag, in the box and when I took it out a couple of days ago, I noticed the top pink star peeling off already... Something that a youtuber who purchased this bag also faced.. So for those of you who have that bag, watch out for that one specific star!

I also found it a bit annoying that they didn't include the Spirited Away packaging for the strap and when I inquired I was told that it was until stock lasts... Um.. this is a limited edition collection, how do you not produce the same amount of packaging for the corresponding stock?! Also, a few days later someone on social media complained that they didn't receive the packaging, and LOEWE sent him the packaging and the freebies (notebooks and stickers)... It's nice to see them treat their patrons equally...

That one wallet that I ordered through the personal shopper was purchased from Spain... So I guess they had a strict policy of not sourcing products from stores to fulfill orders placed online...

But dealing with LOEWE and this release has really turned me away from luxury shopping and made me realize that it is no longer worth it to purchase designer items that are priced this high and come with such poor level of quality, customer service, and treatment. If I wanted this experience I would have just gone to Supreme not LOEWE and the high caliber likes of fashion designers.

Anyways sorry for rambling!