Loewe x Spirited Away

I think the packaging and gifts they had for this collaboration are quite nice. There is a good variety from online pictures, like the notebooks, stickers, special boxes and sleeves, gift tags and bags, candy, postcards, etc. I agree the main focus are the items themselves, but also wish the packaging was more consistently offered since it's part of the purchasing experience and everything is so cute!

I got a message from MyTheresa that my scarf order is delayed, fingers crossed it is still available and won't be cancelled...

Mytheresa seems to be much better at handling stock status than Loewe is, so I wouldn't worry about non fulfillment. Ordered a Boh cardholder there and also got the delay email, but it did show up eventually and still pretty quickly (about a week)!

Reactions: Astreaa
Thank you guys so much! I was worried when I posted my long post cause I didn't want to get on anyone's nerves, and you guys were so cool!! :smile:

Actually I talked to one of the SA and he told me that there were staff that were specifically hired to man the Spirited Away collection, so the existing SA's had limited control on how things are packaged and what is included. And he said that's why there are a lot of inconsistencies.

I made two purchases over the phone since I am immunocompromised, and both arrived without the bath token. I did manage to get one, but I'm fighting with the pop-up SA to get the other one and they're refusing to send it to me (even though I specifically reminded the regular LOEWE SA multiple times to include the bath token)... Otherwise, I am seeing people having these items shipped with the bath tokes and with multiple notebooks as gifts. So there is definitely a loose following of the rules. My friend was also denied the choice to choose which paper bag to get, I am not sure if it was like that everyone else.

What I'm worried about is sending the bag and them responding with "We apologize for this inconvenience, however this was part of a limited edition collection and as such we are unable to source the material to fix this damage. Here is store credit, you can try to fight us for a refund, but we won't give it to you ;)"

I want to stress, I have no problems with that individual on tiktok, I actually thought he was extremely nice about it and didn't even make a big deal out of it in his original video. My issue was with them telling me that it was out of stock and that I was unlucky! But a week later, they send him and a few others the packaging and other freebies.
It seems a lot of people got the limited edition notebook message, so they probably got some back after they had closed all the pop-ups (on the 16th of Jan I think). It will be interesting to see if they only send one notebook, considering SAs have been handing out bundles of them to purchasers in store haha.

Perhaps if LOEWE took more of an initiative and some responsibility, people wouldn't be so upset. The comments on multiple spirited away posts were filled with people complaining about packaging. So LOEWE could have easily sent out an email telling people that they're producing more of the packaging, which wouldn't cost much tbh and shipping would be minimal as it is just a piece of cardboard. We have seen that happen with multiple companies and brands. All you do is ask the customer to fill out a form.

Ultimately this just shows that LOEWE is inexperienced with this specific demographic. They thought the people who purchased the spirited away items were just like regular luxury shoppers, who throw out the box and the bag in the dumpster on the street or flat out tell the SA to not include it. Their inability to grasp and deal with the "luxury" treatment that their customers are asking for tells me that they have a long way to go with their services... Or maybe we are just being too petty and childish? Who knows.

All in all, I can safely say that this was an eye opening experience for me. I used to be so into collectible figures and I ended up leaving that world cause the joy of obtaining something was overshadowed by the stress of getting it and stress of the next purchase. So I decided to take a long break and reflect on the items that I have in an effort to be more conscious of my spending and needs. and I'm loving it so far!
I believe there are several fulfillment warehouses that Loewe has worldwide so there is a possibility that the packaging material wasn't available in your region's warehouse? Although I'll pretty much also say that Loewe CS isn't exactly aware of everything either from what I have been seeing.

As for the repair, I would suggest that you contact CS again or give them a call to specifically express that you would want the bag back if they are not able to repair the star - but I think it's best to initiate the repair ASAP as its quite likely that at this time they would still have the materials on hand.

Hope it works out!

I think the packaging and gifts they had for this collaboration are quite nice. There is a good variety from online pictures, like the notebooks, stickers, special boxes and sleeves, gift tags and bags, candy, postcards, etc. I agree the main focus are the items themselves, but also wish the packaging was more consistently offered since it's part of the purchasing experience and everything is so cute!

I got a message from MyTheresa that my scarf order is delayed, fingers crossed it is still available and won't be cancelled...

I agree -- if you ordered from Loewe's site directly, getting the extras, like the notebooks, stickers, and tissue paper, is super special.

... especially if you're a huge Studio Ghibli/Spirited Away fan!

It's a shame that they didn't make enough extras to take refunds into account. :hrmm:

Anyone ever used Threadstyling? I ordered the Boh amazona from them and they were able to get me the euro price. Plus duty and tax still cheaper than the price in US. They still had otori sama mini puzzle and a few RTWs and SLGs last I talked to them.

Mytheresa usually ships within a day. Currently they have some general shipping delay. The delay notice also comes with other orders. I ordered boots last week and also got a shipping delayed email. They shipped after 3 instead of 1 day. So don‘t be afraid, they usually are very consistent!

I had a random msg from my store yesterday asking if I want to buy the soot brown hammock one just came in stock. I passed but curious to how random the piece came
Our SA offered us the Yubaba tote a couple of days back and we said yes! But can't collect it in person since we are have both tested positive for the virus over the course of the last week (fortunately symptoms are very mild). Apparently there are some reallocations of stock happening in the Loewe boutiques so there will be some random final pieces popping up here and there before the collection is officially considered sold out.

• Love
Reactions: Logic
I've never used them, is it just a personal shopper? I really want the susuwatari stud charm so I'm intrigued...
yeah, you tell them what you want and they send you a payment link.

My only issue with them so far is that I've been asking for an invoice just in case I need to take the wallet in for service and they've been a bit slow about that. It's a redacted one since it has their information in it.

I can already feel gaps in between the marquetry, but I suspect it's because the leather surface isn't straight but curved. Good to have plan ahead.

Reactions: wimp
yeah, you tell them what you want and they send you a payment link.

My only issue with them so far is that I've been asking for an invoice just in case I need to take the wallet in for service and they've been a bit slow about that. It's a redacted one since it has their information in it.

I can already feel gaps in between the marquetry, but I suspect it's because the leather surface isn't straight but curved. Good to have plan ahead.

I tried messaging them on WhatsApp and Instagram but no response so far. Crossing my fingers. Thanks for the info! :smile:

Mytheresa usually ships within a day. Currently they have some general shipping delay. The delay notice also comes with other orders. I ordered boots last week and also got a shipping delayed email. They shipped after 3 instead of 1 day. So don‘t be afraid, they usually are very consistent!

MyTheresa is so fast, so their "delay" is still faster than ordering from NAP (the slowest to fulfill an order, omg).

This morning my 2 orders from yesterday shipped, despite the "delay," and my scarf from Feb 1st order is almost here, fwiw. :smile:

Reactions: fettfleck