LOCKS OF LOVE donation: i feel so good!

I donated last week, when the gal put in a pony tail she said it would be at about 2-3 inches below my shoulder. In the end my hair ended up an inch ABOVE my shoulder! I was really miffed at first, but after a few days I got used to it. Plus the cut was free, if you donate at ULTA Monday - Thursday the cut is free.

i wish i had known that before i cut my hair at my normal salon! i paid $45 for my haircut and style :sad: good to know for the future though!

I believe we have it in Singapore but hair cannot be chemically treated so I'm out cos I got my hair rebonded.

Yeah, I've been looking for one for the longest time that will take bleached hair. Last time I checked, Locks of Love will not. I have two ponytails hanging out in a drawer (in a ziplock LOL) waiting to be sent off somewhere.

YAY Jackie! You look gorgeous (as usual!). You look so young, like a teenager!!!
I love your new cut!
Such a nice thing you did for someone else to have the benefit of your gorgeous, natural healthy hair.
I, on the other hand, have 90%+ grey (yes, I am only 35 but it was genetically handed down to me from my mom. I have been slowly greying since I was 15!) and have to color process my hair, and LOL does not accept grey, or grey-that's-been-colored hair.

Anyway, I am so proud of you Jackie!
(*how's lil' Chance???)

i wish i had known that before i cut my hair at my normal salon! i paid $45 for my haircut and style :sad: good to know for the future though!

I was pleasantly surprised when I went to pay and was told this, originally I was going in for the advertised $20 (orig. $40) haircut anyway.

anotheremptysky, cooper1 - There are other hair donor organizations you can look into http://www.squidoo.com/donateyourhair
Maybe they will accept your hair?

Tuffcookie - what a wonderful gesture! And your tattoos are gorgeous... DH has both sleeves, all Asian themed, which is gorgeous but I love old school work too! Most of my stuff is Asian themed too, except for my old school hand grenades... couldn't resist!!! :graucho:

My hair is chemically fried all to hell so I've never done this. I remember they had a Locks of Love event at my graduate school one time and all the girls in my class with long enough hair donated. There was this one snotty girl with very beautiful, long, thick, naturally blond hair... and she donated it but then proceeded to bawl all over the place after it got cut off. I'm a jerk for being quietly entertained by her drama and crybaby show... but I guess that's why I chose my screen name. ;)

I, on the other hand, have 90%+ grey (yes, I am only 35 but it was genetically handed down to me from my mom. I have been slowly greying since I was 15!) and have to color process my hair, and LOL does not accept grey, or grey-that's-been-colored hair.

Oh no! I do have some grey, and I do dye my hair. On the website, they don't really mention this... I'm getting my hair chopped on Sunday. Where did you get this info from?

I thought they accept anything except bleached hair?

Oh no! I do have some grey, and I do dye my hair. On the website, they don't really mention this... I'm getting my hair chopped on Sunday. Where did you get this info from?

I thought they accept anything except bleached hair?

If you go to the Locks of Love website, they list the hair requirements. They say they "accept grey hair to be sold to offset the maunfacturing fees". Grey hair is not used to make the wigs.

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

You are such an amazing person for doing this. I'm a cancer survivor. I was 23 and absolutely devastated when I lost my hair. I wore a wig every single day. You have made someone else feel beautiful and very happy while experiencing the worst thing they will probably ever go through by doing this! Thank You!!!

For those of you who prefer to donate to a cancer program or are uncomfortable with Locks of Love's history, I've heard favorable things from a couple of friends and coworkers about the Pantene program. They are also more in need of donations, whereas LOL is throwing out about 80% of the hair they get.