Local Spending to Achieve VIP Status / Exempt Status

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse but what does H classify as Jewellery (not fine jewellery like gold, silver, and diamonds) for the purposes of becoming a vip? I mean are CDC's, Kelly Dogs, Rivales, Kelly double tours, Clic H's, enamels all considered jewellery that go toward the VIP count? I am just curious, there is no way I will ever become a VIP but I this thread has got me wondering.

i think the CDCs and such are considered leather? i think to become VIP you need to buy fine jewelry... or as i think of it, 2nd floor jewelry at the madison boutique :biggrin: (silver, gold, etc) but if you buy say 5 gator CDCs ~ 10K, i wonder does this add to your "quota" of becoming VIP? :shrugs:

H is a mystery to me... and i've stopped trying to figure it out honestly. i just buy what i love without planning or hoping it gets me into "VIP" status (never happening to me unless i get adopted as well! :lol: )... i find it a joy when i find something i treasure and love, and if somehow i get offered a bag along the process, then so be it! bonus!

Reactions: mymelody59
I also think its a fun topic. Not like I am trying to calculate how to become a VVIP, just wondering what it takes. LuvHermes your question is a good one!! I would think it would be for each store not combined as each store has its own quotas but:shrugs:what do I know? I am definitley not a VIP.:P

I buy what I like whenever I see it. So I don't do the game playing thing, that said, I will never get to VIP status or even preferred customer. I buy from far too many variety of stores. I think the so called VIP status varies from store to store or country to country.

i think the CDCs and such are considered leather? i think to become VIP you need to buy fine jewelry... or as i think of it, 2nd floor jewelry at the madison boutique :biggrin: (silver, gold, etc) but if you buy say 5 gator CDCs ~ 10K, i wonder does this add to your "quota" of becoming VIP? :shrugs:

H is a mystery to me... and i've stopped trying to figure it out honestly. i just buy what i love without planning or hoping it gets me into "VIP" status (never happening to me unless i get adopted as well! :lol: )... i find it a joy when i find something i treasure and love, and if somehow i get offered a bag along the process, then so be it! bonus!

Ya that makes sense. This whole VIP and phone order stuff intrigues me.

In the last two months I have spent over 25K on other stuff than bags in Hermes Dubai, and I wasn't offered a bag :sad: And usually I buy not less than 3 items every month. It seems that their bags are always "reserved" for particular clients .. I hate it!

yes it's so frustrating isnt it?!!
I was offered 2 lindy eclats 3 weeks apart and bought both. Prior to these I was buying scarves and twillys and managed to get some status. Hence they started calling me for hard to find items. And only now do I get answers regarding Bs. It used to be a standard "no birkins" answer. Well at least there is progress on my side but its very frustrating!

I count myself lucky to have known my SA before she went to Hermes. She has known me for years. When she moved to Hermes i asked about the Birkin and she said if you want one i will look for you. During the same time period i purchased a few scarves and a replacement band for my watch. Then i met the store manager and we started talking about work and travel. We spoke a good 30 mins about career development. It was a great convo...and I was wearing my Chanel Bag but Hermes scarf and watch. When my SA asked can she have the Birkin in xxx, the SM said you have first right of refusal. It was for the color, size, hw that I wanted and I burst into tears. The SM now works with us when we are there! My husband loves the Brand more than I do. It's not just about the money - it is about the Brand, History and relationship with the SA and the SM. that said, I only want 2 B or K a year so I may be "easy".

It is all about the SM whether they 'like' you or not. Also the location matters. If you're in NYC, you're a richer clientele to compete with vs. someone in Ohio. Don't get me wrong about Ohio residents but it is not a high traffic store. I find that I get better service on the phone when I call smaller stores, such as Naples in Florida and Cleveland in Ohio. Part of it is their slower store traffic so SA has more time to check on things for you compared with a busy store like Madison.

Reactions: floridamama
I became VIP after about 100k per year. I am allowed to get more than 2 b/k per year. The way to get around that are RAC orders and they will allow your husband to buy 2b/k as well. You do NOT have to buy fine jewelry. You do have to buy lots of small trinkets such as bangles, scarves, twillies, perfume, clothing, housewares, ties and other bags and wallets. I buy exotics so that has helped to be VIP. But, once you are VIP it is great. You get opportunities to buy one of a kind pieces.

I became VIP after about 100k per year. I am allowed to get more than 2 b/k per year. The way to get around that are RAC orders and they will allow your husband to buy 2b/k as well. You do NOT have to buy fine jewelry. You do have to buy lots of small trinkets such as bangles, scarves, twillies, perfume, clothing, housewares, ties and other bags and wallets. I buy exotics so that has helped to be VIP. But, once you are VIP it is great. You get opportunities to buy one of a kind pieces.
Your experience mirrors mine. I've been told I was a "VVIP" without any other explanation. But I do know that my spending habits with H are consistent, frequent and wide-ranging (but never fine jewelry). I think time and building a purchase history are key. It helps if SA's know you and trust you are not a re-seller, too. I am routinely offered all manner of items, turning many of them down. No re-seller does that!

i don’t know to define VIP
when my SA refers me to her SM she said I am her regular client..
I spent around 20k( non leather goods) per month yet I still don’t get to offer what I really want