Local Spending to Achieve VIP Status / Exempt Status

If you search “This forum” ”Titles only” for “vip” you will find quite a few threads on the subject over the years. You can also note that none of them get very far because there is no solely numerical definition and if I had to wager, I’d guess H doesn’t actually signify people as “VIP”; it’s either “oh that’s Jane. She’s in here three times a week and spends at least $10k every visit. Get her something nice.” Or it’s “oh that’s Queen Elizabeth. Give her whatever she wants.” I’d very much doubt if there is a line on the H profiles for “VIP: Yes, No, circle one” especially with the way H works where they align you with one SA at one store so being well known there would be organic.
Maybe but like any business, I can’t imagine they don’t categorise their clientele and generally rank them into categories to understand who their big fish are etc. within that ranking I’m sure there is some flexibility to provide certain clientele preferential treatment based on SA relationship but I’m sure there is a quantitative factor as well.

Yes there’s been a lot of discussion around what constitutes VIPs which never get far, but it seems to be asking someone to search through 100+ page long threads is a bit of a stretch. Sounds like OP was asking to understand when you get preferential treatment, including but not limited to flexibility regarding Quota bags

to answer the question as someone who has experience in london, I am not sure maybe the £25k mark? That will certainly get you noticed, esp if spent strategically, but maybe VIP is like £40k?

Hi All

Been wondering what is the minimum spend limit that (unofficially) moves one into the VIP category?

Based in London .
Tried to search, but I wasn't able to find any actual amounts that determined a VIP at Hermes. I would love any insight if possible.

US based.

Thanks!
I think to be a regular VIP WITH SO OFFER ABOUT minimum $40-50 K /YEAR ON NON QB
to answer the question as someone who has experience in london, I am not sure maybe the £25k mark? That will certainly get you noticed, esp if spent strategically, but maybe VIP is like £40k?
Please read here and here for a general idea. ;) (and perhaps this relatively short thread as a whole.)

Probably like Deliveroo Premium, you get to choose the colour of your icon in the app :graucho:

That and as many boxes of their Christmas “three small chocolates” as you can manage in one sitting.

Jokes aside, I’d love to be a VIP in China, for their Mid Autumn Festival gifts:nuts::loveeyes:
Lmao!! Luxury brands in China do have some of the best gifts for their VIPs, my favorite is always the lunar new year gifts. Can't say the same for the US :lol:

Honestly if i spend that much on regular basis and still no bag offer - of my specific specs. I would bury the SA with the orange boxes i accumulate over that period.
And there are folks on this forum that say they should just be more loyal and show more love for H, treat the SA like they would like to be treated, stop being so demanding, that it’s all about the relationship and it must be the clients fault lol.

Reactions: smoothsailor
Maybe of the mark a tad but retail stocks are losing a lot of traction. Granted the market in general is now in bear territory, but one might think Hermes and the like would be somewhat insulated. The emphasis is losing a lot of traction. The H website offerings are skimpy, imho. It would seem to me they have the same number of artisans/ crafts people, so are they cutting back production? I don’t know since I have not ventured into a boutique since the onset of COVID so I cannot speak to store inventory. About a year ago there were rumbling, loud rumblings that the market was due for a correction. I sold stocks that were doing okay but not meeting my bar for must keep and ride out the storm. Maybe their game of spend to the invisible level may bite them on their Bottom line.

Interesting point.

depending on your risk tolerance, recession might simply be a time to pick up stock deals and/or diversify holdings. while it’s true that H was offering coveted QB during Covid when no one was shopping, i would argue that the 1% customer isn’t going to be all that affected by recession alone. I don’t think the spend ratio will go away re QB allocation bc H has been constraining supply and stoking demand. JMO though :smile:

@Mirkin_it , @lilmermaid264 , @Shiva2009 , @louise_elouise

i took @Meta ’s advice to read this thread :hugs:

I believe the current truth (in the US) is closer to @acrowcounted ’s post #81, page six (no real number, or at least it’s high spiraling moving target).

But, in 2012, as per post #20, page two, VIP status at FSH may have been roughly this number:

is $250k per year. You get as many birkin and Kelly you want.:smile:

Years ago when chanel had VIP camellia status, I thought I read it was 200K. Perhaps the premier brands are roughly aligned on this, IDK

Last edited:
Reactions: Etriers