Local Spending to Achieve VIP Status / Exempt Status

This sounds right. Do you know if 250K would get you the VIP colours and SO as well? Just another thought...

Yes, you will get all the colors you want even the discontinue ones and never have to worry about a orders being rejected. Ahh, the perks of being rich! Going shopping with her will guarantee you a birkin. :smile:

One of easiest way to be a VIP is to buy their fine jewellery. I have seen her spend $1M in a day just on fine jewellery. You can see the SM huge smile. :graucho::graucho::graucho:

Julide, are thinking of being a VIP too? :graucho::graucho::graucho:

Last edited:
Yes, you will get all the colors you want even the discontinue ones and never have to worry about a orders being rejected. Ahh, the perks of being rich! Going shopping with her will guarantee you a birkin. :smile:

One of easiest way to be a VIP is to buy their fine jewellery. I have seen her spend $1M in a day just on fine jewellery. You can see the SM huge smile. :graucho::graucho::graucho:

Julide, are thinking of being a VIP too? :graucho::graucho::graucho:

I would love to!!:PSadly my bank account refuses!!:rtr::lol:The SO's I would place!!!:cloud9:I will have sweet dreams tonight thinking about all of those dream combos!!!:sleepy:

It's different from store to store and country to country. In some stores where the majority of the clientele are tourists, the threshold is probably a little lower since they don't have as many regulars. I think it's more important to establish relationships with SAs and SMs. I live in Asia and my mother is a VIP in one country and a VVIP in another. She buys everything possible - RTW, shoes, house ware, furniture, watches, jewelry, etc ... She has shown over and over that she is interested in all their products and doesn't just buy items so she can get bags. In fact, she has rarely requested for specific bags. They just offer her bags that they know she doesn't have and let her SO. She probably easily spends 150K and over 350K (this does not include buying Bs and Ks) in the stores per year. On average she probably gets a B/K every 2 months (and this does not include the 2 SOs she has in the system already). It's harder for the SMs to find bags to offer her as she only buys exotics and already has such a large collection to start with. But any kind of limited edition available, she always gets offered first. The great thing for me when I go shopping with her is that I get offered bags on the spot about 1/3 of the time.

It's different from store to store and country to country. In some stores where the majority of the clientele are tourists, the threshold is probably a little lower since they don't have as many regulars. I think it's more important to establish relationships with SAs and SMs. I live in Asia and my mother is a VIP in one country and a VVIP in another. She buys everything possible - RTW, shoes, house ware, furniture, watches, jewelry, etc ... She has shown over and over that she is interested in all their products and doesn't just buy items so she can get bags. In fact, she has rarely requested for specific bags. They just offer her bags that they know she doesn't have and let her SO. She probably easily spends 150K and over 350K (this does not include buying Bs and Ks) in the stores per year. On average she probably gets a B/K every 2 months (and this does not include the 2 SOs she has in the system already). It's harder for the SMs to find bags to offer her as she only buys exotics and already has such a large collection to start with. But any kind of limited edition available, she always gets offered first. The great thing for me when I go shopping with her is that I get offered bags on the spot about 1/3 of the time.

Wow! You are so lucky! Sounds like an H fantasy!

In the last two months I have spent over 25K on other stuff than bags in Hermes Dubai, and I wasn't offered a bag :sad: And usually I buy not less than 3 items every month. It seems that their bags are always "reserved" for particular clients .. I hate it!

wenyihsu, please ask your mother if she would consider adopting me.

I will never get anywhere near VIP status otherwise. Being a steady, good customer, getting a few bags and sundry other things, is not going to cut it anymore for me because my store got a new manager who doesn't know my track record. Plus, when the old one was still around, I requested a SO of a bracelet that was on the web last year, was told the paperwork was put in, and then, was told 4 months later that if I found it elsewhere I should get it. I think H just wants to sell what it has on offer, not make up past designs. The manager had made a big deal of putting the paperwork in for the SO and then, there is no SO. The bracelet was not a huge amount of $$.
I guess, no matter what, I am pretty much an ordinary mortal as far as that store or H is concerned.

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse but what does H classify as Jewellery (not fine jewellery like gold, silver, and diamonds) for the purposes of becoming a vip? I mean are CDC's, Kelly Dogs, Rivales, Kelly double tours, Clic H's, enamels all considered jewellery that go toward the VIP count? I am just curious, there is no way I will ever become a VIP but I this thread has got me wondering.

wenyihsu, please ask your mother if she would consider adopting me.

Eagle, that's exactly my first thought, maybe she'd do a pity adopt; I am indeed pitiful and my H collection bears this to be the honest truth.

Kidding aside, I feel blessed with what little I do have and to someone else it may seem a lot.

Wenyihsu, what you experience shopping with your mum is what it is like to be a kid in a candy store with a pocket full of change and all the candy is penny candy :smile: Ah, the good ole days. . .

It must depend heavily on the store. I have been offered an SO when I inquired about the availability of a particular bag, and I am no huge client, just 2 Bs, one of which was gifted to me and the other was purchased while wearing the first.

I do buy scarves rather indescriminately, I buy what I like and then find out what the pattern is, etc after it's bought, but I simply enjoy visiting my SA (we discuss our horses) and stopping by, occasionally I will pick up a small item or a tie for DH.

I don't think I'd have a problem getting another bag, whether or not the order would be accepted by paris, I do not know. I am getting into bags other than Bs now so I don't think I'll have difficulty.

Imho, most VIPs don't really think of aiming to be a VIP. All they did is to spend on what they like. Most VIPs are pretty discreet.;)

Thank you for this IFFAH. I have a good friend who's a Chanel fanatic. She buys a lot and constantly inquires about VIP status not just to her SA but to me as well. I always tell her, if you have the financial freedom (or flexibility) to purchase what you want, then just enjoy it and leave it at that. ;)