LMB - Products & Experiences

me neither... i was thinking about using it, but got scared and backe off on the idea.... I rather have it stay as the way it is!!... But ppl did have good results so maybe it's preference on each individual on how they like their leather to be.

So is the consensus that pre-treater = bad, but the cleaner, shine restorer and handles only are good? I was about to purchase some or send the entire bag to be restored, but now i'm not sure. Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy! I used the kit for restoring a pale pink bbag and was really happy, but that's because it needed work. I'm sorry to hear it changed the appearance of your new bag so much. I would email Barbara, she seems so nice and maybe she could give you some advice?

There are a few threads on treating bags where I've said if it's not absolutely necessary, I wouldn't do it. Not that the results won't be a happy one, but the bag is already protected when it comes from the retailer and if that's why it's being done, there's no reason to. Other than an old & parched black city, I just treated my ink work because I use it ALOT. It came shiny and stiff but softed on it's own without anything. Since then, it's been on the ground, spilled things in and on it, smells, etc (don't worry I won't sell it anytime soon...lol) so I thought it was necessary to work on it and get the lining cleaned but used the minimum number of products on it. I'm not sure what a pre-treatment is. I got great results, but I made sure the bag was moisturized well. After using a cleaner/moisturizer (I haven't tried LMB, but have my own natural lanolin product) it does get very matte (almost stiffer), then I moisturized it with the cream. It softened up but was still matte, but you could feel the suppleness come back. The shine restore brought back the luster it had lost. Now it's better than it was before.

Attachments

• treated ink.JPG
    treated ink.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 279
tucker-- I saw your thread and you're right, it did a beautiful job on your pink bbag!
perhaps because my bag was so new and still glossy, in fact unused, the difference was apparent! I think I will email Barbara now...

echo and ssm, no problem! I was hesitant about posting about this, but then I realized it's also good for others to read about my experience...bec. in general, I think more people were happy with their results from using LMB...I really think it depends on the bags...if yours really needs work on it, like cleaning, restoring, it may be worth it to try her products...I was trying to protect my bag from stains before using so I tried it, but the results were not to my liking...

My philosophy on Bbags is: if it ain't broken, don't fixit. The leather on my Bbags isn't only not broken, it is divine! I'm TERRIFIED of altering it. I've used the apple leather cleaner on my (much pre-loved) 04 Ivory City and 06 Camel City with great results. But I had a mission to clean specific surface dirt. Beyond that I don't plan to mess with the bags. I don't trust anything, not even myself.

but the bag is already protected when it comes from the retailer and if that's why it's being done, there's no reason to.

:crybaby: Yes, I believe you are so right! because the other parts of the bag feel more "protected and treated" then the back where I treated it! How IRONIC! for me to try to treat/protect it, but instead I think I may have stripped it of its original protection! Barbara's directions does say something about using the pretreatment on unused, new bags...

but i totally agree with u, surferchick...I may just hold onto my products so that when the bag is overused and worn and dirty, I can treat it then...but not for a new bag!:Push:

I really think it depends on the bags...if yours really needs work on it, like cleaning, restoring, it may be worth it to try her products...I was trying to protect my bag from stains before using so I tried it, but the results were not to my liking...

If it's just to protect it from moisture or stains, I would use apple garde spray protectant. That's it....although even that should be after the outer film has worn off pretty well. I think aethetically, the LMB products has good results but if the bag is newly treated from the manufacturer, it's not going to be as porous and wrinkly with useage so they don't have the same effect.

:yes: I totally agree. I used it on my ink and it looked horrible. I know exactly what you mean. Here is what I did. I used a little of the Apple cleaner to remove the residue. Then I used 2 coats of Apple conditioner and it looked just like it did when I received it but less veiny. The shine came back. You have to buff it good between coats and give it a good buff after the last coat of Apple and it should look the same as when you got it. It worked for me.
I am never using anything but Apple from now on. Maybe the LMB misoturizes better, but it changes the bag, and leaves the film, and that I do NOT like at all.

^ thank you so much powderpuff for that info! I think I will try the Apple conditioner only because I think it can only help at this point! When you say, buff it, what do you exactly mean?
thanks so much!

Thanks for this information. I got a bag in the mail today that I bought on ebay and I didn't realize it had been treated to the point of being matte. It doesn't look bad, but it does look very different from the rest of my bags. I'm going to try the apple conditioner on it to see if I can get a little bit of shine back to it.

This is totally off-topic, but Balenciaga posters are THE BEST in the whole purse forum...I always get responses so quickly..well, most of the bbag threads get responders right away and everyone is so sweet! :love:

May I just add that I agree with you 200%. Of all the sub forums I've traveled into, this one is by far the most friendly one. Your responses are always prompt, informative, and never snobby. This is probably why I got caught up in all the b-bag craze. This must be part of your evil master plan.:graucho:

:back2topic:

PBI, but buffing takes off any excess residue/chalkiness from the products. It's a good idea to buff it between applications after it dries. If your bag is too matte, I still recommend the shine restore since that's what it does. I don't know what the ingredients are, but it's not a moisturizer to me (even though it's advertised as that), but more a sealant since it's sticky (and brings out a nice sheen, not a crackly shine). I can't say anything bad about it, but it has to be used appropriately.

May I just add that I agree with you 200%. Of all the sub forums I've traveled into, this one is by far the most friendly one. Your responses are always prompt, informative, and never snobby. This is probably why I got caught up in all the b-bag craze. This must be part of your evil master plan.:graucho:

fendihunter! does that mean youre gonna change your name to Bbaghunter now?:heart: