LMB - Products & Experiences

I mailed my ice blue First to LovinMyBags today for treatment. She is suffering from malaria -- has turned a little too yellow for my liking. I bought her for a steal, but her front side is yellower than her back side, and her back side is yellower than her strap (which apparently was put away and never used).

Has anyone ever had a bag spruced up at LMB? Were you pleased?

:crybaby: Hi everyone!

Last night, I finally tried out the Lovinmybags B-bag Kit that I ordered from Barbara, but am pretty sad about the results... :sad:

(but thank goodness, I only used it on the back, bottom and sides of the bag!)

So, here's what I used (I applied the products using their directions online): !1. the pretreatment 2. shine restore 3. For handles only

Once I applied the pretreatment, I noticed right away that the bag:sad: got very matte as opposed to glossy/shiny...(I did have some warning about the bags losing their shine) but I did not expect the bag to look drier and lose its squishiness, too! When you compare the front and back, the difference is pretty noticeable... even after two coats of shine restore, the bag did not restore its orig. shine or texture...it almost feels like a coating (probably what baleciaga orig. used on the bags?) has been stripped off.

Today when I looked at the bag again, even the white of the veins are back (yesterday the whites were less visible after pretreatment, though I never minded them in the first place and...), except now the bag feels dry and even thinner...

Has anyone else experienced a similar effect on their bag?
Will the problem be helped if I buy a conditioner from LMB or Appleguard and moisturize the pretreated areas? (the kit surprisingly does not come with a conditioner/moisturizer, but I thought maybe the pretreatment would do the protecting and the moisturizing all together!)

Any advice would be helpful...
I haven't emailed Barbara about it so I probably should soon..but wanted to hear what all our bbag experts here had to say first :yes:

BTW, the ForHandlesOnly was fine and did not alter the leather in any way!

I have never treated my bags, because I dont feel comfortable applying chemicals to my leathers. Plus, the SA's at Balny advise against treating them. Although I have had one or two "dry" bags, I just sold them instead of treating them. Also, when I'm looking for a bag on ebay I tend to avoid the ones that have been treated. Hope it works out for you!

I have never treated my bags, because I dont feel comfortable applying chemicals to my leathers. Plus, the SA's at Balny advise against treating them. Although I have had one or two "dry" bags, I just sold them instead of treating them. Also, when I'm looking for a bag on ebay I tend to avoid the ones that have been treated. Hope it works out for you!

DITTTTTO:yes:

Im so sorry your having these problems. I have to agree with Oh Donna though. I have'nt ever treated my bbags with chemicals its just too tricky and there are so many different things that can happen. I wish I had good advice for you, but other that non treatment I cant think of any thing:sad: Hope everything works out o.k.

I tried the pre-treatment on another bag I had and didn't like it. It left a film on my hands and made the bag very matte. I haven't used the shine restore so I can't comment on that. The handles seems to work well as does the cleaner. I would not use the pre-treatment again.

ethan&me, I had great results with my ink city. It was pretty smooth to begin with, not a lot of veins. The pre-treatment definitely made it matte, but it didn't seem to make the leather drier or thinner. The shine restore product did make it just as shiny as it was before.

My city is a 2006 bag, so it's not smooshy "marshmallow" leather like the 05. What color/year bag did you use it on?

~you know something?? I totally agree w/ everyone starting with Oh Donna!
Against my better judgment, and also because I had heard many people online say good things about the products more than hear/read anything negative...I thought I'd try it out, more to protect the bag, because it is not as dark as my other two b-bags...but thank goodness, I did not use it on the whole bag, and I used it on my smallest bag as opposed to my city or work!~phew! the sides and the bottom did not change much, but the back did...

I should have NOT treated my bag!!!...it seemed like a pretty common practice...but now I know to stay away!

This is totally off-topic, but Balenciaga posters are THE BEST in the whole purse forum...I always get responses so quickly..well, most of the bbag threads get responders right away and everyone is so sweet! :love:

ethan&me, I had great results with my ink city. It was pretty smooth to begin with, not a lot of veins. But it definitely didn't seem to make the leather drier or thinner. My city is a 2006 bag, so it's not smooshy "marshmallow" leather like the 05. What color/year bag did you use it on?

Meemie-- yep, I am never using the pretreatment!

Hippichic-- It was an origan box...I think that's s/s 06? it was pretty veiny but not really thin, though not the thickest leather it could be...

the thing is, on the sides and the bottom where the leather was smoother and perhaps thicker than on the front and sides-- it didn't change it much at all and I think it did make the veins a bit less apparent.

I guess it really depends on the leather type and it's always a risk, because each bag is so unique in what cut of leather has been used...! :Push:

me neither... i was thinking about using it, but got scared and backe off on the idea.... I rather have it stay as the way it is!!... But ppl did have good results so maybe it's preference on each individual on how they like their leather to be.