Lisa Marie Presley

Case in point, this person. How on earth, is she even a model?
Pretty girl. But she is simply not runaway model material and her acting??? Please.
Both her parents got lucky. She was born in the business.
2D6125DB-479B-4CA9-A028-27B0433A51FE.jpeg
Kate Hudson has been really successful even if she isn’t as talented as Goldie. The one that jumps out to me is Romeo Beckham. That guy can’t find his niche.

I agree. I totally get why people find the Nepo baby thing irritating, but when you see the glamour of these lifestyles growing up every day, what are you going to want to do, go sit in an office under fluorescent lighting making a fraction of the money? Doubtful
I love cubicle life. But WFH is the best:lol:

I've always been under the impression though that Priscilla turned the whole thing lucrative. It wasn't a multimillion business to inherit before she turned it into one. In any case, had to be at least somewhat business-savvy to make it work for so long. I was reading about this whole thing to my husband the other day and when he heard the choices made with Lisa Marie's money, he groaned in agony saying anyone should see what bad moves they did. I'd say the bad thing was she was born into using too much money in the first place. Should have instead learned that the only way to be rich is to not live beyond your means and not use money on things you don't really need.

In any case, it's a sad, sad story that began already with Elvis, maybe even before that. And no, I'm not referring to cousins marrying in his family, that whole theory is ludicrous.
I always heard it was Priscilla who made it lucrative as well. Opening Graceland up to visitors was a big part of that. Not sure if Priscilla had anything to do with that though. Elvis left his money in a trust to his father until his daughter came of age *I think*.

Elvis was wealthy but not insanely rich. I believe his net worth was about $5 million when he died. That’s a lot for 70s money but not anything close to what it would grow into once it was managed.

Reactions: youngster and limom
Look at Beyoncé, she keeps on pushing Blue onto the audience, for what? Let her be a child, same with Kim K.

yes - exactly like whitney used to do with bobbi kris! she was everywhere her mom was and i remember how even at a few months old she was being brought out on stage. and of course the bey hive is loving it and would not dare say anything but the best things which is going to make her think that she too is a chip off the old block(s).

yes - exactly like whitney used to do with bobbi kris! she was everywhere her mom was and i remember how even at a few months old she was being brought out on stage. and of course the bey hive is loving it and would not dare say anything but the best things which is going to make her think that she too is a chip off the old block(s).
It is damaging, imo.
First, life on the road is not for kids(drugs, demanding non stop rehearsals) and secondly children need to socialize with their peers.
They are not mini adults.

Here is an old and interesting article on how Priscilla managed the estate and took it from $1M to $75M (as of the late 80s). All in trust for Lisa Marie.

It is damaging, imo.
First, life on the road is not for kids(drugs, demanding non stop rehearsals) and secondly children need to socialize with their peers.
They are not mini adults.

do these kids even have any peers?? i know we see the big parties that the K's throw for the kids but do they really hang out with these kids and consider them friends? most of them have the attitude that they are better than others already and then when they are homeschooled how can they? we saw northwest attempting to take over a fashion shoot thinking she knew more than the designer! :amazed: :hrmm:

do these kids even have any peers?? i know we see the big parties that the K's throw for the kids but do they really hang out with these kids and consider them friends? most of them have the attitude that they are better than others already and then when they are homeschooled how can they? we saw northwest attempting to take over a fashion shoot thinking she knew more than the designer! :amazed: :hrmm:
Yes, they do have peers ie other kids at their respective schools.
There are many private schools in LA catering to industry kids.
Kim decided to put them out there. Ye is Yeing.
Anyways, it is their children, their choice.

When you see the lifestyle, it is hard to resist, Imho.
How else are you going to be idealized, idolized and make insane amount of money??

I have some friends who have had some success in acting. They started with no industry connections so everything has been the result of their talent and incredible hard work. Lately though, they haven't booked any new jobs, to the point where they are considering walking away. But, it is so hard to give up once you get a taste of the glamour and the money. Those residuals are addicting. There is always the hope that the next audition will result in a booking too, so they hang in there for another year or two or maybe it'll end up being ten. The industry can be soul crushing.

I agree. I totally get why people find the Nepo baby thing irritating, but when you see the glamour of these lifestyles growing up every day, what are you going to want to do, go sit in an office under fluorescent lighting making a fraction of the money? Doubtful

So many celebrity parents do their kids no favors by pushing them out there at young ages though. Sure, young kids are cute and audiences go "oh, how adorable" but it does not mean the child has the talent or the charisma of their parent and it sets them up for huge disappointment, disillusionment, and even public humiliation down the road. They'd be so much better off if they went to college, learned to manage the family portfolio or image or business, and sing/write/act for fun if they are only modestly gifted instead of trying to hoist their modest gifts off on the general public lol.

I thought Lisa Marie did a great job on her To Whom it May Concern album.
She was proud and I thought the music was terrific. I watched many of her interviews at that time and believe she put in the work to crate something of her own.

She and I were the same age and I didn't pay much attention to her until around that time. It seems she was busy with kids/Mom/marriage and that is when she really came out on her own. She did have an early marriage and kids early.

I have some friends who have had some success in acting. They started with no industry connections so everything has been the result of their talent and incredible hard work. Lately though, they haven't booked any new jobs, to the point where they are considering walking away. But, it is so hard to give up once you get a taste of the glamour and the money. Those residuals are addicting. There is always the hope that the next audition will result in a booking too, so they hang in there for another year or two or maybe it'll end up being ten. The industry can be soul crushing.

So many celebrity parents do their kids no favors by pushing them out there at young ages though. Sure, young kids are cute and audiences go "oh, how adorable" but it does not mean the child has the talent or the charisma of their parent and it sets them up for huge disappointment, disillusionment, and even public humiliation down the road. They'd be so much better off if they went to college, learned to manage the family portfolio or image or business, and sing/write/act for fun if they are only modestly gifted instead of trying to hoist their modest gifts off on the general public lol.
My children were extremely cute kids. I had talent scouts stop me multiple times and make offers (we lived near LA). The first time I came home rather excited. Everyone thinks their own kids are adorable, but when scouts are stopping you!??! DH and I talked about the possibilities all excitedly and I even met with one in detail. He told my son would have to go to auditions, photo shoots, etc., and since he was only about 3 years old at the time, it would basically become my full time job. I went home thinking how hard I worked and how many years it took to be in the profession that I am in. Was I ready to give that up to be a stage mom? I also thought, my son is 3, WTF does he know what he wants to do? Is it the best environment for a child to be surrounded by people who constantly compliment him to get what they want out of him? DH and I thought of all the child stars that basically become drug addicts, have eating disorders, become sexually promiscuous at an early age, alcoholics, etc., and it took about a nano second for us to realize no F'ing way do we want our child down that path. If he grows up and that's what HE really wants to do after 18, then all power to him, but not because DH or I pushed him into it. Money and fame does not bring happiness.

My children were extremely cute kids. I had talent scouts stop me multiple times and make offers (we lived near LA). The first time I came home rather excited. Everyone thinks their own kids are adorable, but when scouts are stopping you!??! DH and I talked about the possibilities all excitedly and I even met with one in detail. He told my son would have to go to auditions, photo shoots, etc., and since he was only about 3 years old at the time, it would basically become my full time job. I went home thinking how hard I worked and how many years it took to be in the profession that I am in. Was I ready to give that up to be a stage mom? I also thought, my son is 3, WTF does he know what he wants to do? Is it the best environment for a child to be surrounded by people who constantly compliment him to get what they want out of him? DH and I thought of all the child stars that basically become drug addicts, have eating disorders, become sexually promiscuous at an early age, alcoholics, etc., and it took about a nano second for us to realize no F'ing way do we want our child down that path. If he grows up and that's what HE really wants to do after 18, then all power to him, but not because DH or I pushed him into it. Money and fame does not bring happiness.
Your kids are very lucky to have both of you as parents.