Lisa Marie Presley

that was poor bobbi kris. i remember her saying often after whitney dies how people always told her she sounded like her mother but she just could not handle being the daughter of whitney and bobby and wanted to prove that she was as talented as them.
Growing up in that mess, Bobbi never had a chance, Imho.
A failure of CPS and the entire family.

I imagine it is really really hard as the child of a megastar to carve out a personal identity that you feel good about.

Case in point- Elvis was idolized by so many who have their own memories and attachment to him. The striking physical similarity that Lisa Marie had to her father was constantly the first thing people noted about her. People would often pump her for memories of her father and connections or similarities she had with him. Almost as if she were an extension of Elvis, rather than an individual. And she went into music but didn’t have the same impact.

I wonder how much of her life was fighting the “daddy’s little girl” “just like her father” expectations and trying to be an individual. And how much disappointment she felt over people who tried to become close to her as a result of who her father was and not who she was. She tried the spotlight, she tried fading from it.

I imagine it was a lonely life.

I posted before.. Lisa Marie wanted the spotlight. She could have easily lived a comfortable private life. She wanted to be famous. Music videos, marrying Michael Jackson and Nicholas Cage? mmhmm

Maybe it was in her blood...? I know how it could be. Even if no-one in your family were performing artists, you can still have that urge in you to get up on stage when the lights go on. It's insane and I know it first hand. Especially since many of us are painfully shy people who do not want to be the center of attention but cannot help the inner need to perform. Did she want to be famous or did she want to perform music? There's a difference. Unfortunately you often cannot separate the two if you want to be successful.

Reactions: youngster
Maybe it's in the blood...? I know how it could be. Even if no-one in your family were performing artists, you can still have that urge in you to get up on stage when the lights go on. It's insane and I know it first hand. Especially since many of us are painfully shy people who do not want to be the center of attention but cannot help the inner need to perform. Did she want to be famous or did she want to perform music? There's a difference. Unfortunately you often cannot separate the two if you want to be successful.
When you see the lifestyle, it is hard to resist, Imho.
How else are you going to be idealized, idolized and make insane amount of money??
j/s

Reactions: TC1
Maybe it's in the blood...? I know how it could be. Even if no-one in your family were performing artists, you can still have that urge in you to get up on stage when the lights go on. It's insane and I know it first hand. Especially since many of us are painfully shy people who do not want to be the center of attention but cannot help the inner need to perform. Did she want to be famous or did she want to perform music? There's a difference. Unfortunately you often cannot separate the two if you want to be successful.
Once she started living her adult life off the Elvis estate coin..she was free to do as she pleased. Perform music? Okay, but her son died and one of the reasons I read was that he thought (like Lisa did) that they would never be able to get out from Elvis' shadow musically. There are a lot of other career paths out there.....
ETA look at Riley...she's managed to carve her own path

How else are you going to be idealized, idolized and make insane amount of money??
j/s
Well I wouldn't know. I have no desire to be famous. Having people fawning over you is terrible and sort of... weird. Even in small doses which I've experienced. We're just people, adoration is unhealthy. Everyone wants to live comfortably but the lifestyle gets boring pretty fast IMO. You can only get excited over golden water taps, silk sofas and views from the penthouse over the city for so long, then it's just meh as sad as it sounds. In Lisa Marie's case, you'd think she was bored of all that since the age of five. Probably wanted something else but didn't know any different.

Once she started living her adult life off the Elvis estate coin..she was free to do as she pleased. Perform music? Okay, but her son died and one of the reasons I read was that he thought (like Lisa did) that they would never be able to get out from Elvis' shadow musically. There are a lot of other career paths out there.....
Look at Beyoncé, she keeps on pushing Blue onto the audience, for what? Let her be a child, same with Kim K.

Well I wouldn't know. I have no desire to be famous. Having people fawning over you is terrible and sort of... weird. Even in small doses which I've experienced. We're just people, adoration is unhealthy. Everyone wants to live comfortably but the lifestyle gets boring pretty fast IMO. You can only get excited over golden water taps, silk sofas and views from the penthouse over the city for so long, then it's just meh as sad as it sounds. In Lisa Marie's case, you'd think she was bored of all that since the age of five. Probably wanted something else but didn't know any different.
Mental illness and lack of positive role models.

Life was too easy in a sense. You don't write hits driving around in a limo drinking champagne, kinda need to experience real life first. Maybe Ben was partly giving her that but being part of a certain religious organization wasn't a good thing at all. Getting out of Elvis's shadow? Well, it's possible if you do something completely different. There are people who have succeeded, Jean-Michel Jarre being one. I can see Wolfgang Van Halen becoming very successful on his own, he doesn't need to be compared to his dad. Of course there are other career paths but what if you're only talented in the one thing your parent was? Then it gets tricky.

Speaking of Riley, just watched a trailer of a new series she's starring in and she was singing in it. Sounded like her mom.

Life was too easy in a sense. You don't write hits driving around in a limo drinking champagne, kinda need to experience real life first. Maybe Ben was partly giving her that but being part of a certain religious organization wasn't a good thing at all. Getting out of Elvis's shadow? Well, it's possible if you do something completely different. There are people who have succeeded, Jean-Michel Jarre being one. I can see Wolfgang Van Halen becoming very successful on his own, he doesn't need to be compared to his dad. Of course there are other career paths but what if you're only talented in the one thing your parent was? Then it gets tricky.

Speaking of Riley, just watched a trailer of a new series she's starring in and she was singing in it. Sounded like her mom.
Since the hoopla on nepo babies, I started paying attention to the credits.
it is a wonder anyone new can break into the industry.
In French cinema especially. Just wow.

• Insightful
Reactions: youngster and TC1
yes....many of them aspire to be like the famous parent and most just don't have the same talent, looks, or charisma. Kate Hudson comes to mind. She's very cute but not quite like her mom who had a huge career back in the day.
Kate Hudson has been really successful even if she isn’t as talented as Goldie. The one that jumps out to me is Romeo Beckham. That guy can’t find his niche.
j/s
I agree. I totally get why people find the Nepo baby thing irritating, but when you see the glamour of these lifestyles growing up every day, what are you going to want to do, go sit in an office under fluorescent lighting making a fraction of the money? Doubtful