Lining up for Hermes - thoughts, rants, raves

Yes I will try Serves as well as George V tomorrow; I have spoken to them on the phone as well about the exchange and they said while they don't have an appointment system, the Kelly is more available at FSH should I want to try. Hence I have waited all these while trying FSH appointments again like a maniac until my patience runs out. Anyway I will keep you posted.

Reactions: ammo0298
Oh God dear Annabel this is such a horrible experience i really feel for you. I would be freaking out completely. I had no idea resellers are so cunning (different passports they must be making a fortune !). I think i will try my luck when i go in a few months partially to have my own story - but i am totally prepared to be let down. Really hope you find a compassionate SA. Good luck....

Reactions: Annabel's
Oh God dear Annabel this is such a horrible experience i really feel for you. I would be freaking out completely. I had no idea resellers are so cunning (different passports they must be making a fortune !). I think i will try my luck when i go in a few months partially to have my own story - but i am totally prepared to be let down. Really hope you find a compassionate SA. Good luck....

Thank you so much for your kind words.

My only tip is: if they give you an appointment at your first try, by all means take it, even if that means changing plan etc. Because among all the people I spoke to so far, no one has been able to have a second appointment yet under this system (reasons suggested by my post above). I know people who tested the system just to try it out, got the appt but can't make it, and has no way to get another one when they are ready. Hope in a few months the process will be better.

Reactions: Jayfer and ammo0298
Can we make an advance 2-3 weeks appointment or only next day appointment available? I'll be going to Paris on the 18/10 and hoping to score a B/K but looking at the new system and everyone reviews just make me sad :sad:

Oh my! So dreading the new system since it's somewhat random! Lining up for few hours at least guaranteed an appointment! Will be in Paris second week of October! Wish me luck! I'll be going with my mom and sis, hope we can all get an appt

Not here in BKK or Singapore but I will say this--although I live in Thailand I shop in Singapore since the service in Thailand is aloof to put it mildly. If you are not a Thai socialite or celebrity the staff are not helpful and act like they are doing you a favor just saying hello. I am western and many other westerners here experience the same because they instantly assume we are tourists.

FSH and Tokyo are the only places you can get B/K/C as a walk-in without a prior relationship. The line in Tokyo is well organized but the FSH line was out of hand. The line in Tokyo is probably more manageable because the price of H in Japan (as in much of Asia) is even higher than the US, so FSH is really the preferred destination.
Thanks for sharing your experience. So much for the land of smiles.

Oh my! So dreading the new system since it's somewhat random! Lining up for few hours at least guaranteed an appointment! Will be in Paris second week of October! Wish me luck! I'll be going with my mom and sis, hope we can all get an appt

I am not sure this was the situation before the new system. Reading the "horror stories" on Paris trip for Hèrmes thread the last few months, lining up was starting the night before already with lots of line sellers, line cutters and "family groups" joining in last minute. People were lining up from 6am, if not earlier, and yet didn't manage to get an appointment. The situation was getting out of control and few incidents occurred. People wasted many days of their precious Paris trip time waking up very early, waiting in line to eventually get frustrated. At least with the new system you know on time how to plan your next day and still enjoy your holiday.

I believe this new system is better than lining up. At least for me personally as I would've never, ever lined up for a bag, even if it is my beloved dream bag. This is not luxury to me.

I wish you the best of luck, stay positive and have fun in Paris.:heart::smile:

Last edited:
Hi ladies!! Just to clarify since I haven't seen "the rules" written anywhere

1- you can only make an appointment the day prior
2- your appointment can be cancelled the day of?
3- if you keep trying you "might" get a better chance as one person mentioned?

Is there a way to manage your spot? Does the appointment time change during the day? It all seems a bit confusing, I would really appreciate some insight.

Thank you!

Hi ladies!! Just to clarify since I haven't seen "the rules" written anywhere

1- you can only make an appointment the day prior
2- your appointment can be cancelled the day of?
3- if you keep trying you "might" get a better chance as one person mentioned?

Is there a way to manage your spot? Does the appointment time change during the day? It all seems a bit confusing, I would really appreciate some insight.

Thank you!

Hello :smile:

1. Correct. You can enter the lucky draw the day before eg. today and will be told roughly by 7pm today if you get an appointment tomorrow.

2. You can't cancel appointment neither can you change the time. If the original appointment time is 3pm, the actual time may vary a lot as you need to refresh the page yourself very often (could be as early as 2pm or as late as 5pm or later, most often it's late than early)

3. No idea if this is true. I just know one you have an appointment already, your chance of having a second appointment is drastically lower (I had one appointment and tried consecutively for over a week without securing the second appointment to return the item.) also among everyone I spoke to, no one so far seems to be able to get a second appointment after the first.

There is no way to manage your spot. You are given a time that changes a lot during the day and you can take it or leave it. If you leave it, your chance of securing it again could be really low (from my personal experience, see my rant above, so please do take it with a pinch of salt)

Hello :smile:

1. Correct. You can enter the lucky draw the day before eg. today and will be told roughly by 7pm today if you get an appointment tomorrow.

2. You can't cancel appointment neither can you change the time. If the original appointment time is 3pm, the actual time may vary a lot as you need to refresh the page yourself very often (could be as early as 2pm or as late as 5pm or later, most often it's late than early)

3. No idea if this is true. I just know one you have an appointment already, your chance of having a second appointment is drastically lower (I had one appointment and tried consecutively for over a week without securing the second appointment to return the item.) also among everyone I spoke to, no one so far seems to be able to get a second appointment after the first.

There is no way to manage your spot. You are given a time that changes a lot during the day and you can take it or leave it. If you leave it, your chance of securing it again could be really low (from my personal experience, see my rant above, so please do take it with a pinch of salt)

Thank you so much!! This clarifies so much for me!! I'm sure this was mentioned on the Paris thread but that moves too fast and I haven't followed in months!

Also, I'm shocked to see there is a long wait a sevres. I'm going to be staying just 5 minutes away so most likely going to do my purchases there while trying to get an apt at FSH

Reactions: ammo0298
My relatives are in Europe and had wanted to purchase a b or k on their trip. They are not well versed in all things Hermes so I had given them tips to be offered a bag. By not being technology savvy either my explanation of the online appointment system seem to fall upon deaf ears. They ended up going to FSH in the morning and inquiring about a bag. They were informed of the appointment system but were told to come back in the late afternoon (there was a specific time) but unfortunately they made plans with friends and declined the appointment.

Goes to show bag hunters can be entertained if there are time slots free without entering the lottery. FYI they were not wearing anything designer, nor do they speak French- or English well for that matter.

They ended up getting a B (in Italy of all places! With my experiences and the stories I have read of the treatment of Asians and other tourists/walkins in Italian boutiques I was pleasantly surprised) The B is in non-exotic and in an extremely coveted size and color to boot. Lucky them!

Woww that is extremely rare in Italy they must have some overpowering charms.. good for them... Maybe i'll give the ignorance is bliss attitude a go myself at FSH in a few months. Just for info what day of the week did they enquire in FSH?