Lindsay Lohan

scarlett_2005 said:
Yikes! I can understand LV hiring Uma(imo she fits LV because she is classy). But Lohan for chanel?? She is so not chanel. What's next? Tara Reid modeling for Prada?:sick:

I consider Uma to be a natural choice - she's tall, gorgeous, classy and she appeals to the target group of women who buy Vuitton.

Lohan doesn't equal luxury for me. She's just some teeny bopper actress who may or may not have a boob job, and clearly does drugs. In two years she will be on the same level as Tara Reid.

If these companies are going for someone younger, they might want to try Scarlett Johanssen, Kiera Knightley, or even Katie Holmes.

Or what the hell - why not use women who are in the same age group as their customers? Renee Russo needs to get some work!

chemlex said:
If these companies are going for someone younger, they might want to try Scarlett Johanssen, Kiera Knightley, or even Katie Holmes.

Or what the hell - why not use women who are in the same age group as their customers? Renee Russo needs to get some work!

I like your choices for the younger actress but I would also add Reese Witherspoon.

scarlett_2005 said:
I like your choices for the younger actress but I would also add Reese Witherspoon.

I was thinking more early to mid-twenties. But Witherspoon would be a good choice if they wanted someone in their early thirties.

But I don't think women as young as Lindsay Lohan are the prime customers of Vuitton. They need to pick someone much older that women who buy Vuitton can relate to. If they put an LV on Lohan, it is just going to send a bunch of sixteen year olds to Canal St. for fakes!

Lindsay Lohan's picture is in the dictionary under the definition for "white trash" thus it has to be impossible for her to be "the face" of Chanel - Okay, sometimes I'm not so nice.

SuzyZ said:
Lindsay Lohan's picture is in the dictionary under the definition for "white trash" thus it has to be impossible for her to be "the face" of Chanel - Okay, sometimes I'm not so nice.

EXACTLY -right next to Jessica Simpson's picture! If they were going to choose someone young they should have gone for Natalie Portman - someone with talent, beauty and refinement. Chanel is going from Nicole Kidman to HoHan? Karl Lagerfeld is ever more nuts than I thought!

So here's a not incredibly trustworthy source saying it's not true:

"Lindsay Lohan will be the new face of Chanel

I e-mailed Chanel corporate with my opinion that Lindsay Lohan didn't really fit the Chanel image, she's too young, too unsophisticated. Got an e-mail back this morning from Chanel saying that Lindsay Lohan WAS NOT chosen to represent Chanel, so is this a confirmed thing or just hopeful rumor on Lindsay's part, like when she said she was chosen to be the female lead in Mission Impossible III?"
Source: http://www.livejournal.com/community/ohnotheydidnt/4787958.html

Want to test it? Send an email to Chanel about it and see their reply.

I think Uma is sexy, and as Oprah said, she does make me want to buy those bags! Reese Witherspoon is gorgeous, and I think Renee Russo is a seductive lady too...but Lilo? Not the same kind of class and elegance.