Let's talk Delvaux!

The Spring Summer 2024 Mutualism Collection / Collaboration with Belgian artist, Kasper Bosmans is now live on the website. Over the past (few?) weeks, photos were also shared via the various Delvaux boutiques' IGs, mainly the ones in Japan and one from Belgium. Most are not my aesthetic, but I do really enjoy the craftsmanship being displayed here.

• Brillant Black Edition "Legend" made of Box Calf and Taurillon Soft. This one is a Limited Edition for the Omotesando store in Japan according to that IG. It's bigger than the MM Legend. Just look at how all the various pieces of leather and colors line up across the handle, buckle strap, flap to body, etc.
View attachment 5967337

• Brillant MM "Legend" - this is a different bag size from the one above. I think that the colors are just slightly different due to lighting.
View attachment 5967339

• Brillant Mini "Talisman" Opera Calf. It looks like the story and design are drawn onto the leather here. Can anyone confirm? If I'm reading it from left to right from the top row to the bottom:
    • A City
    • The Firmament
    • The/A Gecko Eye
    • Crisis
    • Detachment
    • The Call to Adventure
    • A Hero (this is a super cute donkey or horse??)
    • A Hero Finding A Crisis
View attachment 5967341
View attachment 5967340

• Cool Box Mini "Source" in Taurillon Soft - I'm hazarding a guess that this is a "Dragonship", the largest longship of the Vikings. Sailing under a field of stars, the dragon's head on the prow strikes fear in the hearts of enemies. I love this one.
View attachment 5967360
View attachment 5967361

There's another Cool Box mini, 1 Cool Box nano, Tempete XL, 3 Pin Mini Buckets, 2 card holders, 2 zipped card holders, and 2 scarves also. If anyone else would like to post those, please do! I've run out of steam lol.
So cool! Thanks!! Yes please keep posting when you recover a bit, haha 😊

Reactions: yuzulife
It’s a pre-order, they will start making it now that I paid the deposit. I had inquired about the combo because it’s my dream bag, and surprisingly they said it’s possible to place an order, but would take several months to be fulfilled. I’m very happy!
I just heard back from my SA that HQ rejected(?) my order for black crispy calf tempete PM.

This makes me upset, as the order was confirmed and paid for, and I was very much looking forward to it. I wasn't given a clear reason for the change and it feels like a switch up.

Does anyone know where I can email (HQ) to inquire further, and perhaps appeal my case? It's my dream bag, and I would like to see if there's any chance they can still create the bag.

I just heard back from my SA that HQ rejected(?) my order for black crispy calf tempete PM.

This makes me upset, as the order was confirmed and paid for, and I was very much looking forward to it. I wasn't given a clear reason for the change and it feels like a switch up.

Does anyone know where I can email (HQ) to inquire further, and perhaps appeal my case? It's my dream bag, and I would like to see if there's any chance they can still create the bag.
Sorry to hear that. I would think thet the best person to get answers and/or appeal would be your SA since s/he it affects their commissions and have to process your refund. Hope you get answers. My SA recently told me that they are only accepting exotic MTO’s. That could be the reason.

So sorry this happened; my own MTO was cancelled/modified about 6 times so I’m not surprised this happened. (Reasons included Delvaux no longer offering a particular style or size of the bag, no longer offering a specific exotic leather, no longer offering rose gold hardware, running out of a leather colour, etc…)

Moreover I’m still waiting for my brilliant belt that I ordered 4 years ago and still no sigh of it.

From my experience with Delvaux, if it isn’t immediately available at the boutique then you are playing Russian fashion roulette.

So sorry this happened; my own MTO was cancelled/modified about 6 times so I’m not surprised this happened. (Reasons included Delvaux no longer offering a particular style or size of the bag, no longer offering a specific exotic leather, no longer offering rose gold hardware, running out of a leather colour, etc…)

Moreover I’m still waiting for my brilliant belt that I ordered 4 years ago and still no sigh of it.

From my experience with Delvaux, if it isn’t immediately available at the boutique then you are playing Russian fashion roulette.
Omg, so many times! Did you ultimately manage to get your MTO? I wasn’t given a reason and had been told it’d be possible, so just not sure what changed since the time I had paid for my order.

• Insightful
Reactions: Christofle
Omg, so many times! Did you ultimately manage to get your MTO? I wasn’t given a reason and had been told it’d be possible, so just not sure what changed since the time I had paid for my order.
I did; it took a lot longer than expected but I’m happy with the result unlike my Hermès horizon order which was randomly cancelled by H after waiting half a year. 😠

Christina Zeller even special ordered hardware for me which was a really nice touch. (The monogram inside is in gold plated brass instead of being a heat stamp)
1711253812044.jpeg

Wooow, gorgeous!! I love it.

Do you have any advice for me as it seems they cancelled your order a few times? Should I appeal to HQ (Belgium) as my order doesn’t seem too difficult to make, and the merchandising team had confirmed it’s possible? It’s my dream bag.

Wooow, gorgeous!! I love it.

Do you have any advice for me as it seems they cancelled your order a few times? Should I appeal to HQ (Belgium) as my order doesn’t seem too difficult to make, and the merchandising team had confirmed it’s possible? It’s my dream bag.
I just kept sending my store manager emails. Several hundred 🤣

Omg, haha. But then again since your order was exotic, perhaps they were more open to it. Still, I dont understand why they would say its possible and then backtrack. :crybaby:
My only guess would be they ran out/cancelled the black hardware.

They seem to be offering it with silver hardware now.

I’m noticing a huge streamlining of hardware. There used to be so many finish options just 5 years ago.

IMG_3369.pngIMG_3370.png

Look what arrived today! A vintage Delvaux bag from MyDayinBelgium (https://mydaydaybelgium.com/). They sell vintage Delvaux bags. It came with a certificate of authentication from the Delvaux Flagship store. The owners, Jerry and Grace, were such kind people. This bag is a 1981 Poesie (Poem). Isn't she lovely? It's the perfect size for me-- it's light but yet it can carry my keys, A5 paper planner, phone, wallet, and lipbalm. View attachment 5958019
what a gorgeous colour, very easy style.I stumbled upon mydaydaybelgium and have begun discussing purchasing some vintage Toile De Cuir range from them. I can't wait to see what they in store for me.

Reactions: eatplaylive
Would anyone with the Tempete PM be willing to share mod shots/what fits? And how you like the bag? I fell in love with a preloved one in brandy but I'm not sure if it'll be too small for me. Looking at the measurements, it seems to be smaller than the Kelly 25? I'm 5'7" and don't mind paring down what I carry, but just a little unsure.

Would anyone with the Tempete PM be willing to share mod shots/what fits? And how you like the bag? I fell in love with a preloved one in brandy but I'm not sure if it'll be too small for me. Looking at the measurements, it seems to be smaller than the Kelly 25? I'm 5'7" and don't mind paring down what I carry, but just a little unsure.
The bag is 21.5 cm wide so it is noticeably smaller than the Kelly 25. It’s slightly larger than the “small” model which only holds a wallet. In the PM you can basically fit sunglasses and a wallet.

• Insightful
Reactions: JenJBS