Let's talk Delvaux!

Look what arrived today! A vintage Delvaux bag from MyDayinBelgium (https://mydaydaybelgium.com/). They sell vintage Delvaux bags. It came with a certificate of authentication from the Delvaux Flagship store. The owners, Jerry and Grace, were such kind people. This bag is a 1981 Poesie (Poem). Isn't she lovely? It's the perfect size for me-- it's light but yet it can carry my keys, A5 paper planner, phone, wallet, and lipbalm. 20240228_201710.jpg

Hello! I have been sucked into the world of Delvaux, after snagging their Dragon purse charm. ☺️

May I ask a question for those with a Cool Box (MM or Mini) AND Lindy (26 or Mini)? How would you compare the two against each other?

I tried the mini Lindy and Cool Box mini and the Cool Box seems easier to get in and out of. The mini Lindy hits me at an odd spot when worn crossbody (I’m barely 5’1”). So I was leaning towards the Lindy 26 and adding an aftermarket crossbody strap. I generally prefer crossbody bags, unless they are totes or hobos.

I would love to hear your thoughts! There is a wealth of knowledge here at TPF and I want to make sure I make the right purchase. TIA! 😘
I have the L26 but also tried the Cool Box Mini which I think is easier to get in/out of. With the L26, I usually leave the clasp part open (but keep the bag zipped) so I can get in/out more easily. If you fill it up too much it can be bulky under your arm (if you wear it on the shoulder) but I love it a lot in general and it’s my everyday bag currently since it can hold so much 🥰 I was also considering a third party strap to make it crossbody but the shoulder strap on the bag can’t be removed so it would just be dangling which may bother me a bit

Last edited:
So exited to share my New Cool Box Mini in Vegetal! Now my dragon charm has a place to hang out.

Thank you @Sola_88 for your advice. 🥰 The bag is so lightweight and easy to get in and out of. View attachment 5962237
Gorgeous!! You just got me excited for my dragon cool box nano that my SA apparently was able to get a hold of for me :love: I love their dragon collection the most out of all the retailers who released one

The Spring Summer 2024 Mutualism Collection / Collaboration with Belgian artist, Kasper Bosmans is now live on the website. Over the past (few?) weeks, photos were also shared via the various Delvaux boutiques' IGs, mainly the ones in Japan and one from Belgium. Most are not my aesthetic, but I do really enjoy the craftsmanship being displayed here.

• Brillant Black Edition "Legend" made of Box Calf and Taurillon Soft. This one is a Limited Edition for the Omotesando store in Japan according to that IG. It's bigger than the MM Legend. Just look at how all the various pieces of leather and colors line up across the handle, buckle strap, flap to body, etc.
Brillant Black Edition Legend Box Calf Taurillon Soft Omotesando Hills Store LE.png

• Brillant MM "Legend" - this is a different bag size from the one above. I think that the colors are just slightly different due to lighting.
Brillant Black Edition Legend Box Calf Taurillon Soft Omotesando Hills Store LE 4.png

• Brillant Mini "Talisman" Opera Calf. It looks like the story and design are drawn onto the leather here. Can anyone confirm? If I'm reading it from left to right from the top row to the bottom:
    • A City
    • The Firmament
    • The/A Gecko Eye
    • Crisis
    • Detachment
    • The Call to Adventure
    • A Hero (this is a super cute donkey or horse??)
    • A Hero Finding A Crisis
Brillant Mini Talisman Opera Calf.png
Brillant Mini Talisman Opera Calf 2.png

• Cool Box Mini "Source" in Taurillon Soft - I'm hazarding a guess that this is a "Dragonship", the largest longship of the Vikings. Sailing under a field of stars, the dragon's head on the prow strikes fear in the hearts of enemies. I love this one.
Cool Box Mini Source.png
Cool Box Mini Source back 2.png

There's another Cool Box mini, 1 Cool Box nano, Tempete XL, 3 Pin Mini Buckets, 2 card holders, 2 zipped card holders, and 2 scarves also. If anyone else would like to post those, please do! I've run out of steam lol.