Leather Skirts Trash or Class ?

I don't own any leather skirts myself, but I think the leather skirt/dress look can be pulled off & appear high-class sexy if done the right way -- e.g. Angelina Jolie in a body-hugging Versace leather halter dress at the "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" premiere -- absolutely stunning!....but then again not too many people can pull it off.

i want a pair of leather pants.. i suppose if you can pull it off, they'll always be sexy.. but i wouldn't consider leather clothing unless they're shoes or a belt to be classy at all. haha.

Class is so personal you could put a conservative Chanel suit on some people - your trailer trash, our chavs :lol: - and they'd still look cheap. And in case I sound snobby I went through a phase in my early 20's when I WANTED to look cheap, it was a whole "assert my raunchiness" thing and best forgotten! :shame: :lol:

So it very much depends, IMO, and I remember when Cynthia Payne, a posh UK madam, was on trial she was called on the way her "girls" wore leather skirts and were therefore porssies and she mentioned that Princess Di and Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York wore them.... :Push:

Nicely cut black leatehr trousers/pants look great on an older lady with a proportional figure, lots of posh ladies live near me and they wear that kind of stuff and look fab.

Cx

Reactions: Rephined
I have a suede light camel skirt. It sits just below the knee and looks great with a black turtleneck and boots. I haven't worn it in a while and can't bear to throw it out.

I don't have a leather skirt, but have a really pretty, flirty suede skirt that I purchased from Anthropologie a few seasons back that I love to wear with a black cashmere sweater. I don't think I would buy a skirt that was "traditionally" leather though.

I do have one - although I rarely wear it - DH loves it - it's a pencil style, knee length, and fits just right - it has white stitching which looks cool - I usually wear it for a nice dinner out (rare) with DH - it's from BR and I love most all of their clothes...

Reactions: Rephined
So funny- I was reading this thread earlier, then I was watching Oprah, and Oscar De La Renta was on with some pieces from his collection, and one of them was a dark green leather skirt!