Leather Skirts Trash or Class ?

I've never considered leather skirts a trashy thing (unless really short, but that goes for all skirts) so this thread surprised me! I've got a suede skirt and 2 leather skirts including a gorgeous spearmint-y one from MaxMara and I love them! they look great with boots in the winter and if I could have afforded it I would have bought the same MaxMara skirt in the lemon-mustard-y color as well!

Reactions: Rephined
I have a lambskin leather skin from years ago and I've worn it with a men's white shirt before. With a simple, classic chignon and then 2" heels. I thought it was classy, definitely not trashy.

Reactions: Rephined
I do own one leather skirt that is just plain pencil skirt. I think it looks very chic when worn with a white or balck shirt and nice pumps.:love: I don't think they are over. Look at VB! She looks AMAZING in hers!!!

Attachments

• 75oi.jpg
    75oi.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 521
If it's a micro mini...not tasteful! If it's right above the knee with maybe a sexy boot and a pretty sweater-very nice.

I haven't worn one since my twenties.

I've got a knee length suede leather cutabout hem skirt that i bought last year...it's still in the plastic wrapping it arrived in.:shame:
I like it, i just don't seem to have found the right occasion to wear it...can't sit down in it, can't go out in the rain, can't spend too long in the sun or it'll stick to you...:lol:

I think it's all about how you wear them and what you wear them with.

If anyone here likes micro mini skin-tight leather skirts with leopard print tights and a glittery spandex vest....then who am i to say you shouldn't?!:wlae: :tender:

The only leather skirt I have ever owned, was a black, hipster, A-line wrap-around mini-skirt which I wore with black opaque tights and a black, fitted sweater, about 7 or 8 years ago.

It wasn't too tight and I think it looked more '60s mod, than trashy.

I think my basic rules (for me!) are:

1. Only wear shiny materials (including leather), on your bottom half, if it (your bottom half!) is fairly slim. As shiny fabrics are not flattering!

2. Unless on a motorbike, never wear leather with leather; always with matt fabrics, like cotton, or wool.

3. Regardless of fashion, a short, tight, leather skirt is only ever wearable if you are fairly slim and you wear it in Autumn/Winter, toned down, with a loose fitting or baggy jumper, opaque tights and flat heeled boots.

Having said that; I don't feel that leather (particularly unembellished, black leather) is very 'in' for clothes at the moment and the last leather item of clothing I owned (my fitted leather jacket), I haven't worn in about five years.

SuLi said:
I don't have a leather skirt, but have a really pretty, flirty suede skirt that I purchased from Anthropologie a few seasons back that I love to wear with a black cashmere sweater. I don't think I would buy a skirt that was "traditionally" leather though.

I can't imagine that anyone could accurately describe a suede skirt as trashy. Desperately impractical and likely to lead to Niles Crane-style chair wiping, perhaps, but not trashy! :lol:

When you think about it, suede and leather are almost as different as two materials can be!

chloehandbags said:
2. Unless on a motorbike, never wear leather with leather; always with matt fabrics, like cotton, or wool.

:wtf: Oooh so that all in one leather catsuit i bought from Ebay is just not in vogue right now...??:tender: :graucho:

JK!;)