Leather Honey Conditioner/Moisturizer

LH can darken light or bright bags. I used it twice on darker bags, loved it. Didn't think twice about using it on my new mint brighter colored bag. It left stains on some areas, and overall darkened the bag very noticeably. I was stunned.

Weeks of "drying" didn't make a difference. You can even see some bags pictured on here that were lighter, then darkened, although many refer to them as "deeper...richer"....uh, no...just my opinion.

Went back to my darker colored bags and really looked at them. They are darker, though on these it is not a bad thing and barely noticible. Made leather feel great, look thicker, etc.

If the bag is sun damaged light bag that you don't want to professionally address, great, LH it up...but lighter bright colors ...be forewarned.

I wouldn't go near a light colored bag with it again, not even medium tones where any "pop" is essential to the color.

Overall - Leather Honey *will* darken the color. However, if the bag is faded then it does make it "deeper" and "richer" compared to the faded state it is currently in. So definitely nothing to lose there.

The darkening will fade over time, but it definitely takes more than a few weeks. My unfinished fossil that was completely wrecked from leather honey (very splotchy, uneven and just looked streaky and terrible) went in the closet for 6 months before I pulled it out again. Within those six months of it sitting on the shelf it seemed the leather honey evaporated or dried over time? Not sure what it did, but leather felt great and the color was back to normal. I was relieved and put it back in my rotation of bags.

I've had overall good luck with Leather Honey because I tend to go with dark colors. I did however just put it on my Poupre Part-Time that I received incredibly dry and it did not turn out as well. There are definitely some darker areas where the leather took more in. They are small and not noticeable unless I point them out - but they are there. I anticipate that they will fade over time and become uniform again - but like Zesty said - be careful on lighter or brighter shades. Depending on the year, texture and general condition of the leather your results may vary a bit. So test it out on a small hidden spot.

I tried to use Leather Honey on my 2012 Cassis City and whatever Balenciaga did to change their glazing formula really repelled the stuff. I normally have really good absorption on my Bals but this one just sat on top and didn't seem to really take as much in. The color stayed uniform and I do feel it softened it up enough to have worked, but it definitely didn't take as much in as I would have liked.

I tried to use Leather Honey on my 2012 Cassis City and whatever Balenciaga did to change their glazing formula really repelled the stuff. I normally have really good absorption on my Bals but this one just sat on top and didn't seem to really take as much in. The color stayed uniform and I do feel it softened it up enough to have worked, but it definitely didn't take as much in as I would have liked.

Yes! I think LH doesn't work as well on newer bags that have the glazing. I put like three layers on my Vert Poker but it didn't work. Try LMB Beauty & Shine moisturizer. It works much better for newer bags!

Overall - Leather Honey *will* darken the color. However, if the bag is faded then it does make it "deeper" and "richer" compared to the faded state it is currently in. So definitely nothing to lose there.

The darkening will fade over time, but it definitely takes more than a few weeks. My unfinished fossil that was completely wrecked from leather honey (very splotchy, uneven and just looked streaky and terrible) went in the closet for 6 months before I pulled it out again. Within those six months of it sitting on the shelf it seemed the leather honey evaporated or dried over time? Not sure what it did, but leather felt great and the color was back to normal. I was relieved and put it back in my rotation of bags.

I've had overall good luck with Leather Honey because I tend to go with dark colors. I did however just put it on my Poupre Part-Time that I received incredibly dry and it did not turn out as well. There are definitely some darker areas where the leather took more in. They are small and not noticeable unless I point them out - but they are there. I anticipate that they will fade over time and become uniform again - but like Zesty said - be careful on lighter or brighter shades. Depending on the year, texture and general condition of the leather your results may vary a bit. So test it out on a small hidden spot.

Same thing happened to me. I used it on one of 2013 bags, yellow (now I don't remember the name) and LH stayed on. Those new shiny bags don't absorb LH I think. My other bags were great with the use of it.

I'm sorry to hear about the poupre pt.

I dig LH for dark bags, muted ones especially, but my light bag...ugh. I've got a plan though.

My blueberry twiggy is here today in "what bag are you wearing" thread, and it's still smoothly gooey lovely from LH. I also did a 2013 bag, and it soaked in fine...hmm. I wonder why some are different.

LH work well on my 06 truffle but not sure if i should use it on my 05 magenta or in my bubblegum city...
the difference in absorption could be that no leather batch is going to be exactly the same regardless if they go through the exact same treatment before dying and making the bags as the leather does come from a live animal each with different characteristics and markings, same as with human skin

Hi there, I thought I'd share a few photos of what LH does to light-colored leather, specifically my 05 Caramel City.

This is what she looked like when I got her. She looks ok in the photo but up close the leather looked almost white in some places (piping especially) and overall felt very dry.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1425928894.253285.jpg

(P.S. sorry for posting pics one per post, I'm uploading via mobile app).

Last edited:
And what the whole bag looked like after 24 hours drying time. I'd say it got a shade or half a shade darker, which is perfectly fine by me as the caramel color came back all over the bag and it feels so much better now that it's moisturized.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1425929096.743825.jpg

I did NOT put LH on the tassel, handles and shoulder strap as I didn't want to encourage those bits to darken, especially the handles as they are already dark from hand oils.

Last edited:
And this is the bag's bottom today, about a month after LH treatment.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1425929383.893221.jpg

I want to note the a spot on the upper- right hand side. This spot was already on the bag pre-LH treatment, but the product made it darker, so this is a perfect example of LH making some spots or previously hidden flaws pop up on light-colored Bals.

Does anyone specifically clean the leather before or after they use LH? My black City is looking a little dull, I wonder if there is build-up from the LH. Perhaps I should give it a good cleaning, and then reapply a little LH?