Leather care and treatment

Thanks for your experience. I talked to BV before I put anything on my ball bag and they recommended to use "Collonil Nanospray" which is a very light spray and it's made for delicate leathers and other cloths like cashmere. I used this and nothing chnged the leather.
I had bad experience with Apple Garde spray and lotion in the past with my Balenciagas so therefor I was really careful and glad that I followed the advice as here they wouldn't take it back when you mess it up yourself.
You were really lucky that they exchanged it.

Tanja,
I bought a Collonil waterstop +UV protection spray at Mulberry store, do you think it is the same as Collonil Nanospray? I know you girls tried the spray on the lambskin veneta bag, how about Julie? It is deer skin.
Thanks.:yes:

Ladies,

How do you keep these beautiful light suede interiors clean? I have decided to keep a BV tote that I'm supposed to be selling :smile: as the leather and color has me in a trance!!! I am just terrified though everytime I wear it that I'm going to get it dirty!

Ladies,

How do you keep these beautiful light suede interiors clean? I have decided to keep a BV tote that I'm supposed to be selling :smile: as the leather and color has me in a trance!!! I am just terrified though everytime I wear it that I'm going to get it dirty!

I believe there are some suede protectant sprays although I've never tried them. I've used Applegarde suede cleaner on some MJ bag interiors and it worked just fine!

Ladies,

I too was really worried about the suede interior. While shopping at Michael's craft store last week for Teacher Appreciation Week supplies, I came across something that has helped me tremendously. :yahoo:

It's by Bag Boutique, and is called Button-on-bag. What it's usually used for is a paintable canvas pouch that one can interchange handles on to make a little custom handbag. It's a little difficult to tell from the picture, but basically it is just a slightly padded, lightweight, soft cotton canvas (it seems softer than canvas usually is) bag that I simply slipped inside of my BV large Veneta's as a liner. I believe it came in two sizes, I got the larger for under $10. It perfectly lines the inside of the bag so that my stuff isn't directly on the lining. It's not like an organizer...it's just a soft pouch with one small pocket on the inside wall. It doesn't hinder the structure of the handbag AT ALL....if you scrunch it from the outside, you can't even tell there is anything on the inside.

Anyway, it was a quick and easy fix to protect the sides and bottom of the interior! :yes:

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=gc0239&channelid=

The Button-on-bag sounds like a really fab idea! Especially since I only ever use either my Balenciaga Work or my Veneta, so I'm thinking I can dump all my stuff in this bag, and transfer it between bags versus transfering each item individually.

Oooh. MUST go check out my art store over the weekend :yes:

Collonil is available in every normal shoe shop here in Germany and I guess it's ok to use every kind of leather protection spray from this brand as they're more than 30 years on the market. The Nanospray is a pretty new spray and was developed for delicate leather and cloths and I sprayed my lambskin Chanel with it and it looks perfect as it doesn't leave an oily film on it but I just sprayed 2 times with an distance of 30 cm and I made sure not to spray to much.

I too was really worried about the suede interior. While shopping at Michael's craft store last week for Teacher Appreciation Week supplies, I came across something that has helped me tremendously. :yahoo:

It's by Bag Boutique, and is called Button-on-bag. What it's usually used for is a paintable canvas pouch that one can interchange handles on to make a little custom handbag. It's a little difficult to tell from the picture, but basically it is just a slightly padded, lightweight, soft cotton canvas (it seems softer than canvas usually is) bag that I simply slipped inside of my BV large Veneta's as a liner. I believe it came in two sizes, I got the larger for under $10. It perfectly lines the inside of the bag so that my stuff isn't directly on the lining. It's not like an organizer...it's just a soft pouch with one small pocket on the inside wall. It doesn't hinder the structure of the handbag AT ALL....if you scrunch it from the outside, you can't even tell there is anything on the inside.

Anyway, it was a quick and easy fix to protect the sides and bottom of the interior! :yes:

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=gc0239&channelid=
I believe this is what the button -on-bag would look like in a Lg. Veneta. Has anyone tried a purseket on
a BV before?

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 560
Hi Everyone

I am new to the purse blog. I have a BV bag and I usually spray it with rain protector, when I was changing to a different bag this evening, I discover that there are a few small white spots on the corner of the bag :confused1: !! But I don't have any leather cleaning products at home at the moment, but I was wondering has anyone had any similar experience and what cleaning products do you recommand?

Thanks very much

G Lee