Leather care and treatment

has anyone ever heard of soft moc? it seems to be the most decent thing i can find in canada. it's supposed to be good because it's lanolin based (supposedly safer and less risky for light colors). i'm not sure if i should try it first on my white hobo or go through the trouble of ordering collonil online

Haven't used anything on my Limo Campana made of nappa umbria, and it has fared superbly in light rain, downpours, and general everyday use. No stains or discoloration from water. Limo really isn't a delicate color, light yes, but definitely not in the same class as white or magnolia.

Collonil is available in every normal shoe shop here in Germany and I guess it's ok to use every kind of leather protection spray from this brand as they're more than 30 years on the market. The Nanospray is a pretty new spray and was developed for delicate leather and cloths and I sprayed my lambskin Chanel with it and it looks perfect as it doesn't leave an oily film on it but I just sprayed 2 times with an distance of 30 cm and I made sure not to spray to much.

I haven't sprayed any of my BV stuff yet, but how often should you spray with Collonil? Does it just protect against water alone?

Thank you for all of the great advice! Right now I own some leather protectants (Kiwi, Aldo shoes) that I feel aren't as great as the ones mentioned in this thread. I would like to be able to use one protectant on all of my bags that would work equally as well. Would you suggest Collonil Nanospray to do the job? Just curious to hear your opinions.:wondering

anyone use meltonian? if so what do you think?

my BV store uses meltonian and tha manager there recommends this brand. she has worked with another brand and according to her meltonian by far is the best one. when i bought my ball bag she actually sprayed my bag with meltonian. also, she said that if i wanted to get my other BVs cleaned up i can bring it in and she will use the meltonian cleaner as well.

I used the collonial nanospray on my ebano veneta and bone colored woven cocker -- I feel it changed the texture of my veneta! It's somehow a bit "stiffer"... with a bit of a shine.
Has anyone else run into this problem? The light colored woven cocker seems ok tho.

Okay, now i am really confused. I bought the nanospray to apply to my Roma (moro). The Roma is Nappa Umbria leather. Now I'm reading conflicting opinions about the nanospray on this thread.

Will it hurt the bag? Has anyone used the nanospray on this leather/this bag???????

I am going on vacation in a few days and I want to treat the leather before we leave Friday.

Thanks......

perhaps the difference is that the first people who posted positively about appleguard where talking about the spray, but ooogiewoodgie used the lotion. The lotion is a conditioner, whereas the spray is a waterproofing product. Plus it's a spray, which is different than a lotion in the first place.

I want to use something that protects, but won't cause wrinkles or discoloration. Is the appleguard spray the best choice then? It seemed nobody had anything bad to say about the spray?

Anyone?