Le Metier de Beaute lovers thread!

Neo007 said:
Oh no!!!!!! I'm so sorry about the mishaps, and even more sorry about Thunder (it's one of my faves - of all 4 I have, lol) :sad:. Any way you can save it? I wonder what it is about it though, it's the only one I had a problem with too.

For your River Stone, just go to the Unii website: on the page where they explain about depotting, there is also a very comprehensive YouTube on how to fix crumbled e/s.

Here is my palette :biggrin:

Would you mind sharing yours please :graucho:?

I plan on saving Thunder and River Stone. A lot more work than I anticipated. I used the Z Palette as it is bigger and can accomodate more. I am planning on using the Unii for my other stuff. Here it is...

image-2590037038.jpg

Neo007 said:
They are beautiful!!!! So many colors :smile:

Please let us know how saving your 2 e/s goes - keeping my fingers crossed for you for an easy and smooth rescue!

I love looking at all the colors like that, makes me imagine combinations. LMdB needs to do a flat palette because the individual pots is not working for me & most people as well.

As for my depotting mishaps and attempt at repair...the keyword there is easy and smooth :smile: Definitely I need all the luck. Will post my experiment soon.

I love looking at all the colors like that, makes me imagine combinations. LMdB needs to do a flat palette because the individual pots is not working for me & most people as well.

As for my depotting mishaps and attempt at repair...the keyword there is easy and smooth :smile: Definitely I need all the luck. Will post my experiment soon.

I would LOVE a flat palette! I only have one kaleidoscope because I'm not big on the size (it seems rather large for just 4 shadows) and it's not convenient to carry a bunch if you travel a lot. So I've stuck with the individuals, but that's a pain since you have to mark them or constantly look at the bottom.

I'm so sorry I missed everyone's depotting posts! I didn't receive notification for some reason? I destroyed Sugar but I just added alcohol and repressed it. No biggie! I ordered a bunch more z palettes last week so I can't wait to get busy depotting more!
Your palettes look great girls! Isn't wonderful having them all there staring back at you in one spot!

MrsLid said:
I'm so sorry I missed everyone's depotting posts! I didn't receive notification for some reason? I destroyed Sugar but I just added alcohol and repressed it. No biggie! I ordered a bunch more z palettes last week so I can't wait to get busy depotting more!
Your palettes look great girls! Isn't wonderful having them all there staring back at you in one spot!

It does make a huge difference when you see them all at once.

Thank you MsLid! I would have loved your depotting advice prior to going for it, but it's just as well that I just did ;). I mean, how many more tutorials was I supposed to watch? The most important piece of advice I got from you anyway (on your blog): use a paper clip to push the pan out from the back :biggrin:

I can't wait to get more shadows though: my poor four look sad and lonely compared to yours and Auntie Em's colorful Z palettes!!!! I don't think I'll ever get to have a collection like yours, but a couple more e/s wouldn't hurt :P

And it's funny, I've never really felt the need to depot and have e/s in a palette, but for LMdB it somehow just seems natural to have them that way:smile:

Thank you MsLid! I would have loved your depotting advice prior to going for it, but it's just as well that I just did ;). I mean, how many more tutorials was I supposed to watch? The most important piece of advice I got from you anyway (on your blog): use a paper clip to push the pan out from the back :biggrin:

I can't wait to get more shadows though: my poor four look sad and lonely compared to yours and Auntie Em's colorful Z palettes!!!! I don't think I'll ever get to have a collection like yours, but a couple more e/s wouldn't hurt :P

And it's funny, I've never really felt the need to depot and have e/s in a palette, but for LMdB it somehow just seems natural to have them that way:smile:

I agree! I usually steered clear of singles due to the clutter until LMdN and Rouge Bunny Rouge so it was natural for me to eventually depot them and I'm so happy I did!

Finally! it came yesterday. I was like a kid at Christmas...I couldn't wait to use it this morning...I love it! On The Coast K-scope
DSC_0418-Copy.jpg