Laser hair removal......let's discuss!

Definitely shave for the reasons above but also the burned hair smell is not pleasant when they hit one that was missed while shaving!

Just had my 5th follow-up on my upper lip today. Wish I would have done it years ago! I am on hiatus for my legs during the summer and finished my bikini a couple of months ago. The legs hurt the worst.

I've had laser hair removal done on my legs, upper lip, and chin done about 4-5 years ago. I get my chin done about 2-3 times a year. I recently went for a touch up on my lower legs. I really need a few more sessions on my upper legs add the hair is thinner and didn't take as well. I just started my under arms last month.

I'm planning on getting "brazilian" laser, and I know I'm a good candidate as I'm pale and have pretty dark hairs. I have been waxing for years, but it doesn't seem to stop the hair... Plus, I get terrible ingrown hairs! Does laser help with those? I'm also nervous about pain, and where to go... As places use all sorts of different machines. Bleh.

I'm planning on getting "brazilian" laser, and I know I'm a good candidate as I'm pale and have pretty dark hairs. I have been waxing for years, but it doesn't seem to stop the hair... Plus, I get terrible ingrown hairs! Does laser help with those? I'm also nervous about pain, and where to go... As places use all sorts of different machines. Bleh.

Totally helps with ingrown hairs! That's one of the main reasons I spent the money on laser. I had 8 sessions and I'm done for now. I have some stragglers but in waiting until winter to do another session.

The pain isn't fun but it goes by quick. The numbing cream helps. I also ask for air. If you point the air at your face it helps distract from the pain.

You will love not having ingrown hairs. I'm so happy and wish I would have done it years ago.

Has anyone ever tried doing at home with the Tria home laser machine? I was reading here http://www.findmyhomelaser.com/ and it says Tria uses the same diode laser used at the clinics... is this true? Is it exactly the same or less effective?

It seems almost too good to be true; it's $450 which is cheaper than going to the derm again and again.... I have pale skin and dark hair (naturally black) so it looks I'm a candidate.

I would much rather do it at home if possible.

Hey guys. Has anyone here had any experience with laser hair removal? I've been thinking about suggesting it to my brother, who has struggled with tons of back hair his entire life. He doesn't like taking his shirt off ever, and he's struggled with it for as long as I can remember. Do you know how effective the treatment is, and how often you have to do it? It looks like most doctors recommend 3-6 treatments, but I just want to know from someone who has actually experienced it.

Yes I have had it. The biggest question with most laser is how dark his hair is? The darker the better.

It definitely works. I'll be honest, that is a huge area so it will take I'd say at least 3-6 treatments as you said.

The main thing that most people want with laser hair removal is a reduction in hair, not a total elimination.

Yes I have had it. The biggest question with most laser is how dark his hair is? The darker the better.

It definitely works. I'll be honest, that is a huge area so it will take I'd say at least 3-6 treatments as you said.

The main thing that most people want with laser hair removal is a reduction in hair, not a total elimination.
Thanks for the response! Yeah, he has daaark hair. So that will be great news for him! Does it grow back, or does it just lessen the appearance of it?

Ive had laser on my underarms and full bikini. I had treatments about every 6-8 weeks and around 7 sessions worth. The hair dramatically reduced in thickness, strength and grows very sparsely and very slow. I had bald patches where the hair follicles had completely been destroyed and hair growth had permanently been removed. Since then I have had about 2 treatments max per year on the same areas for the past 2 years as a top up to get rid of any remaining hair. I would recommend laser hair removal to anyone. My hair was black and my skin tone is fair/medium so it worked very well for me. But personally I think after the initial bulk of sessions, you still do require some top up sessions as some parts of the hair will grow back (albeit extremely slowly and extremely fair) and require some further sessions to be eliminated in full.

I have had it on many areas of my body. I started with my underarms and after 8 sessions, they are now completely hair free.

I then got treatments on my face (minus the brows) to get those pesky sideburns and mustache hair. Im currently getting treatments on my full legs and full arms. 100% worth it!!!!

Start with Groupons in your area. Thats how I got started. If I can recommend a laser, it would be the LIGHTSHEER DUET. Newest and most effective!!!! :smile:

Just saw this - my question is how painful is it? For those of you who had it done to different areas, which was most painful/least painful? I've always been interested!

Just saw this - my question is how painful is it? For those of you who had it done to different areas, which was most painful/least painful? I've always been interested!

I had my underarms and bikini area done last year (7 sessions). The 5-7 sessions for my underarms hurt like a mother_______. I have a high tolerance for pain and never used numbing cream, but those last 3 sessions under my arms, did bring a tear to my eyes. She had to stop for a minute so I could compose myself lol. My tech said, underarms is the most painful. If you can handle underarms, the rest of the body is a breeze she said.