large veneta questions

Mar 14, 2006
I'm in need of some assistance... as usually happens, I've bought one BV and now I'm quickly planning the next purchase :shame:

Do you guys have pictures of a large veneta worn on the body? I looked through the action shots thread and only found medium ones.

Also, how would you compare the size of a large veneta to a sloane? Is it bigger than a sloane?

And lastly, if I wanted a large veneta in limo, is this something I'd have to special order or is it around?

Thanks! :flowers:

mundo! I remember chatting with you about paddies on tFS! Glad you've come to the evil-but-lovely BV side :graucho:

Here's a pic of member bella1 with her large ebano veneta which is what convinced me to get my first BV: http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126580&d=1170643677

Large veneta vs sloane - IMO the veneta looks larger worn on the body but the sloane seems to have more carry capacity. I have a pic of both sitting together here: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/bv-collections-116768-5.html#post2580941 (I might have more pics at home)

I think the limo veneta was not continued into fall. You might be able to find it in a few stores still. Online NAP put theirs on sale in June for $1175-ish... what a great deal!

Let us know how your search pans out! I'm sure the ladies here will have plenty of leads on what you want!

mundo! I remember chatting with you about paddies on tFS! Glad you've come to the evil-but-lovely BV side :graucho:

Here's a pic of member bella1 with her large ebano veneta which is what convinced me to get my first BV: http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126580&d=1170643677

This is a large? I'm a little worried that it won't be large enough for me, I like BIG bags. That's my only problem with my sloane, sometimes I think it's too small.

Perhaps what I need is a 2nd sloane...:sweatdrop:

I think the limo veneta was not continued into fall. You might be able to find it in a few stores still. Online NAP put theirs on sale in June for $1175-ish... what a great deal!

I guess this ain't gonna be easy then, thanks for the info!

This is a large? I'm a little worried that it won't be large enough for me, I like BIG bags. That's my only problem with my sloane, sometimes I think it's too small.

Perhaps what I need is a 2nd sloane...:sweatdrop:

I guess this ain't gonna be easy then, thanks for the info!

I love big bags too! and i think the large veneta is a great size :tup: I usually filled it up and I like how it slouches on your shoulder. It's great!

I love big bags too! and i think the large veneta is a great size :tup: I usually filled it up and I like how it slouches on your shoulder. It's great!

is it big enough to fit a regular 8.5 x 11 sized notebook? Not that I think something that structured would look good sitting in the slouchy veneta, but for size references... :smile:

If you look on the BV online site in the catalogue section, they have several embroidered maxi venetas, and one studded maxi veneta. I don't think they have any plain intrecciato maxi venetas, though. May be the right size for you!

mundodabolsa - as promised, I've inserted pics in the "In Action" thread! I love my new sloane!!
On a technical note, I forgot to not "hold" the strap of my Veneta so you can't really see the full beauty of how the bag drapes. Darnit. The Large Veneta "drapes" much better when I don't hold it like that; sorry I forgot.

All this talk of a large veneta makes me drool for one...in iron! Bunkie, you must let us know if your special order veneta was accepted!! I will be hot on your heels with my special order! I'm considering a roma in iron, but I have discovered I am really a slouchy BV bag girl! Didn't love my slouchy Miu Miu tote, but can't stop petting and hugging my slouchy campana. I wouldn't pass up a roma if it's still around in a few months, but if I can special order a veneta, that would be my first choice.

Hi mundodabolsa, you scored a perfect first BV! The Limo Veneta is still on the European NAP-site, but the price is the regular 1180 Euro (~1600 USD). You might want to take a look though because all the stores may not have these in stock anymore!

A Large Veneta is amazing! Manages to hold all my stuff and still manages to look amazing! :yes:

A Maxi Veneta has a longer drop, so it's not as hobo-ish as the Large. Almost more casual feeling of sorts... But some of the variations are SOOOO gorgeous! :nuts:

mundodabolsa - as promised, I've inserted pics in the "In Action" thread! I love my new sloane!!
On a technical note, I forgot to not "hold" the strap of my Veneta so you can't really see the full beauty of how the bag drapes. Darnit. The Large Veneta "drapes" much better when I don't hold it like that; sorry I forgot.

your pictures are super helpful, thanks SO much.

the thing is though, now I'm 100% sure the large veneta will be too small.

time to go look at those maxi pictures in the catalog...:P