Lambskin vs Caviar?

Hi guys..!! It's actually just my second day here and i've already learned sooo much! anyways, i've been eyeing chanel bags for ages and am planning to purchase my very first classic flap soon..:yahoo:

question is, i'm still very, very torn between the lamb n caviar.. apart from how it looks like, how are they different, and which one is more convenient and easier to take care of?

Really hope you guys could offer some advice. cheers!

Hi Laira,
Welcome to the forums.

Well, no question at all, caviar is ALOT hardier and hardwearing than the lambskin, not sure if you have been to a Chanel store or been lucky enough to see some bags in person yet, but the caviar leather takes on a pebbled leather appearance, making scratches and any accidents almost impossible to ruin your bag. The lambskin is devine. Its soft and puffy, like a gorgeous pillow! but the leather means that you have to be super careful, even opening the flap can cause a scratch from your finger nail.

Only you know how careful you are with bags! even with the care factor, I would always plump for lambskin, but I do have a caviar GST that I use as my most days bag, so best of luck with your choice :smile:

i'm in the minority here, i love caviar. the lambskin feels great but can look quite worn after awhile, meaning scratches, fingerprints (oil from hands), and dirt marks are so easily visible. i like my bags to look crisp and clean, unless of course it's a vintage bag from the 80's.

Even though caviar is easier to maintain and more resistant to scratches etc. i prefer lambskin. I never regetted that I bought a medium classic flap for nice nights out because it looks more luxurious than the caviar and I know that I'll keep this bag forever.
Go with what your heart tells you. If you're in love with lambskin or vice versa get one because IMO it never feels right to go with the next best option in comparison to your first choice.