Lambskin vs Caviar?

Caviar...if ur looking for low maintainance bag...lambskin is a very beautiful leather...but it wears and tear v easily...n the leather will(esp the sides) will crease overtime without a lot of use...

I would say stick with Caviar for your first! Def easier to take care of. I got my first lamb flap brand new with tag from NM but it already have some faded on the bottom of the flap part but it's from 2008 tho.

bags are meant to be used, not to be displayed..imo..if i were to spend a few thousand dollars on a bag and yet be too afraid of using it..i wouldn't even buy it at all...

..unless i am lucky enough to have that much wealth to start a little collection..which i dont.. =\

Start with a caviar if its gonna be your first chanel(you definately would want to use it as much as you can!), you can get others in lambskin along the way :biggrin:

We all just can't do with one Chanel! Really!

Last edited:
I've read a couple posts saying that the lambskin feels different fr previous lambskin on classic/reissues to increase durability. Is it true? I feel lambskin shows how much the bag is worth bc of it's leather feeling. How does the bag hold up if one were to use as possibly n everyday bag?