LAMB Rehab!

:lolots: Almost... well not quite, but almost as bad as that Kensington? tan foldover clutch that had the burn hole on the bottom. It screams "what the He**?"

Was the seller a 12 year old teenager or what? I can't imagine how it got so scratched. Larger bags can be hard since you end up sometimes *shivver* setting them on the ground at a restaurant etc.. but an exeter will fit just about anywhere.

I have hope. Anything is possible... she just needs some TLC :love::smooch:

lol i do too...ive actually kinda fallen a bit in love with her. i hate to touch her right now though...shes so dirty that my hands feel gross after. im ordering some appleguard stuff today.

OMG, i saw the burned back before...now i dont feel quite so bad! thanks for reminding me.

^ Glamb - do you have wipes? Baby wipes, clorox ones will work too just don't rub too hard. That'll get the dirt/grime off and get you started on the rehab process. Much better than apple at this point - at least she'll be clean!

i do have baby wipes! im going to clean her now. i figured id clean her inside and out and then do the prisma markers and then work on the hardware...then last, my faux leather treatment lol. if it turns out well i say we go into business rehabbing.

Rehab on my baby exeter is going great.

So far I've used:

17 baby wipes

A mixture of oxiclean and clorox 2 w/ hot water and a scrub brush (you would not believe the color of the water!!! I have pics)

A blowdryer to dry most of the inside then filled the pockets w/ method "sweet water" dryer sheets.
(Yes after all the washing there was still a bit of a strange odor!)

Then I hung it up inside out on the patio to finish drying, overnight.

Next I went to michaels w the bag in hand and played w/ the prismacolor markers. Most of the ones yvonne used worked but I had to use a few extra colors in the blended areas. There was missing color in about 12 places! All better exept a few of the lil corners where it was scraped down to the pure white...I blended and blended but couldn't get it perfect, it is decent though!

After that I used a sealer/protecter twice to hopefully seal in the new color...

In the next day or so I will attempt the leather repair kit for the piping and get the dye for the scuffs.

Also, I'm researching the best way to rehab the hardware. My lovely bro in law thinks he has something that will work. This isn't a matter of just filling in scratches, the thing is actually tarnished to a silver color in many places!!!

I cleaned the crap out of the beige supposed to be white strap...the paint is off in many areas. I did get some blue painters tape and will try yvonnes method to repair it...

Wish me luck!

I'm sure the bag is going to be beautiful!! I used a few more colors than listed as well - I think I just listed the main ones for the deeper colors.

I can't wait to see the results!!

Donna, I'm glad you're making the most of getting screwed! I actually bid on that bag too... and if I had won it I'd probably have done the same thing as you, but keep it in the end. All in all it is an awesome bag, and one that I don't think I've ever seen for sale since it was released!

Oh, and as for the folded bag... I bought a Mandalay Broadgate a while back -- it was perfect ("NWOT") in the pictures, but then they decided to ship it in that same size box as yours... and in doing so completely bent one of the stripes and made it all wrinkly :tdown: I emailed the seller but never got a response. It's still a great bag and everything else is perfect... wrinkly stripes are just a big peeve of mine!

Love projects! : D

Hope the stripe painting goes well for you, when I did mine I could almost "feel" where the white started and could get that line reallly sharp.

SO fun :smile:

OT: I went to a thrift store and found a Gucci handbag in okay condition. The stitching is fine, the leather needs to be re-dyed on the corners, but the canvas is perfect just VERY dirty... it's a deep grey color; I started working on just one side; the canvas is actually TAN!! Amazing what some people do to stuff... haven't you ever heard of a warm rag and soap people?! :noggin:

Dear Yvalenz,

Thank you so much for your wisdom!

I thought i would ask you a question about a repair that maybe you haven't had to tackle yet but you might have some good ideas...

How should i fix a hole in a nylon lamb lesportsac?

Should i just try to glue it with fabric glue do you think?

Or take it to a tailor and see if they can stitch it up?

Do holes in nylon usually fray and run?

Thanks!

:smile:

Donna, I'm glad you're making the most of getting screwed! I actually bid on that bag too... and if I had won it I'd probably have done the same thing as you, but keep it in the end. All in all it is an awesome bag, and one that I don't think I've ever seen for sale since it was released!

Oh, and as for the folded bag... I bought a Mandalay Broadgate a while back -- it was perfect ("NWOT") in the pictures, but then they decided to ship it in that same size box as yours... and in doing so completely bent one of the stripes and made it all wrinkly :tdown: I emailed the seller but never got a response. It's still a great bag and everything else is perfect... wrinkly stripes are just a big peeve of mine!

thanks bb! in the end i couldnt bear parting with her. im glad, she is starting to look good.

i cant believe that people would ship these bags in the smallest box they can. that is so lame. id have paid extra for the larger box....some people!

wrinkly stripes bother me to an extent. i can repaint the stripe but i havent figured out how to get the wrinkles out if there are any...

thanks bb! in the end i couldnt bear parting with her. im glad, she is starting to look good.

i cant believe that people would ship these bags in the smallest box they can. that is so lame. id have paid extra for the larger box....some people!

wrinkly stripes bother me to an extent. i can repaint the stripe but i havent figured out how to get the wrinkles out if there are any...

Remove the wrinkled paint areas - then condition the leather. Wait about a day, then paint. When the paint is drying (just after being applied), move the stripe back and forth so that the paint doesn't dry hard and "crack/wrinkle" later. :smile:

can't wait to see the results!!