LAMB Rehab!

The Schifters group is pretty good, my strap on my tigers eye.. Martindale? (the toaster looking one) broke the day I got it and I sent it in... Granted it's taken 8+ weeks for it to be fixed because they have to get the parts from overseas but I e-mailed asking them the status and they were prompt and told me the repair will be completed within the week.

I've never had access to a repair contact like that from any other brand, I once had to get Dior hardware replaced through Dior and that was madness to get ahold of the right people.

eeek yvonne the pics are gone LOL...apparently im stuck with the exeter so i want to rehab her! lol i need pics!!! also, what brand brown leather dye did you use?

^ LEGS!! How you doin' hun??

Anyhoo - bag recon is done! It's actually much better than I expected. I went ahead and got the other one, because I didn't think this would turn out as well as it did. Now I have 2 rasta mandys!! one will have to go....but that will be decided once I get the other bag in and see which is better.

Used 6 prismacolor markers: crimson, poppy, marigold, olive, grass, and dark umber. Took advice from others and colored/smudged with finger to blend. Sprayed with Apple rain protectant to hopefully seal in the coloring.

Also used dark brown leather dye on the corners and some apple conditioner. Looks MUCH better!! no more scuffing - you can't tell it was repaired/dyed. Even hubby asked "is that the same bag?? It looks new"

Pics to come later today!! :yahoo:

DSCN5759.jpg

DSCN5763.jpg

DSCN5770.jpg

DSCN5772.jpg

DSCN5774.jpg

OK here is my beautiful disaster! This isnt all the damage, but it is the worst of it. i turned the flash off in some areas so you could see the issues with the hardware. Can you believe she had the nerve to say this bag was in excellent used condition! also! the first pic is the plastic bags the bag came "floating" in...i had to unfold the bag..who would fold a LAMB bag? and I dont know if you notice the bottom where the feet are, but they are so worn down...how would that even happen? LOL

Hm... what's with the amount of sellers lately that do not know how to properly describe their bags!? It's so unfair to those of us who actually do disclose every single detail.

Once one person has had a bad experpience, who is to say that I'm the one who has to deal with that disgruntled person next [in a transaction]?

It just makes people feel jaded against the next person who might not be trying to deceive a buyer at all!

Sorry for the rant.. it's just aggravating.

:wtf: OMG! What is that??

Sorry, I didn't realize the pics were removed - I cleaned out my flickr account and forgot that some in here were linked.

I used Eco-Flo leather dye in Dark Brown but they also have a Bison Brown that might work as well. You can order from Tandy Leather Factory or search for a local store that sells this (there are a few in NoCal). It's a small bottle and shouldn't be more than $6. The marker info should still be listed.

If you can't fix it yourself, you're welcome to send it to me for rehab :hugs: Honestly, I will do what I can....

you guys! your response has me laughing so hard im teary eyed. this poor bag. yvonne, thank you thank you thank you! im sooooo afraid of doing the stripe on my own. ill try what i can on my own and if i cant get it then i would love for you to have at it. ill make it worthwhile :heart:

Sorry to hear about your experience, glamb. I really can't believe these people who don't feel any guilt when folding such a rare, beautiful (or was) LAMB bag into those small flat-rate boxes. Argh! Similar thing happened to me twice so I feel your frustration! The original canvases are more durable but it's nearly impossible to get a crease out once it's made. I couldn't. :sad:

It's like these sellers think, "Well, it's no longer mine so I don't care what I do with it... HERE YA GO!" So unprofessional. Come on, it's not a cheap bag you can just throw around!

But even in a beat up state, that Rasta sure is pretty.

I'm also surprised Paypal ruled in favor of the seller, like everyone else said. If Paypal saw that leather trim with the exposed wire, they most likely would've ruled in your favor... especially since that wasn't disclosed in the listing.