Lady Dior Diamond Motif peeling

Maui528

O.G.
Jul 25, 2013
I have heard the diamond motif Lady Dior peels, especially at the point of the diamond part. Does anyone know if Dior has since implemented a fix on the new bags to prevent that issue?

I got this bag about a year ago in Spain and have used it less than 10 times. The last time i used it was in Apr 2023 and i didnt have these peelings. Before that i noticed on the side hence i assumed its wear and tear cos scuffing at the corners. But its like now my entire bag is filled with such!! I am so upset at the poor quality.

IMG_3088.jpeg

May i know if they offered you an exchange for another Lady Dior or a credit note?
Not sure the question was directed towards me but after the bag was out for repair for several months, they granted me a credit note that I used for another Lady Dior. The SA wanted to grant a credit note covering the prior value which had increased in the meanwhile, so I made my expectations clear to receive a credit note covering the current value. I could have pressed it further given consumer rights are pretty clear where I am located and could have requested a refund, but found a bag I would have purchased anyway.

Not sure the question was directed towards me but after the bag was out for repair for several months, they granted me a credit note that I used for another Lady Dior. The SA wanted to grant a credit note covering the prior value which had increased in the meanwhile, so I made my expectations clear to receive a credit note covering the current value. I could have pressed it further given consumer rights are pretty clear where I am located and could have requested a refund, but found a bag I would have purchased anyway.
Yes it was meant for you, hahaha. In my sleepy state i didnt realize i didn't click on reply you . Thanks for replying. I hope they will offer me an exchange for another Lady Dior or at least the current value as the price has increased since i bought it a year ago. Plus, i did not purchase it in my home country

Which lady dior you ended up getting? A lambskin version?

Last edited:
Reactions: pinkorchid20
Yes it was meant for you, hahaha. In my sleepy state i didnt realize i didn't click on reply you . Thanks for replying. I hope they will offer me an exchange for another Lady Dior or at least the current value as the price has increased since i bought it a year ago. Plus, i did not purchase it in my home country

Which lady dior you ended up getting? A lambskin version?

Hahaha, I get it ;) Happened to me more than once.
Crossing my fingers for you, but at this point it should be a known issue, so I would be very clear when setting expectations. Yes, I did get a Lady in lambskin instead but was really torn on trying again with the diamond motif a couple of weeks ago as I love the look. However, mine also had hardware peeling/coming off quickly, so both potential issues combined just pose a large enough risk not to repurchase. Glad I didn’t as I just got a grained calf small Lady instead that seems even sturdier. Keep us posted!

Hahaha, I get it ;) Happened to me more than once.
Crossing my fingers for you, but at this point it should be a known issue, so I would be very clear when setting expectations. Yes, I did get a Lady in lambskin instead but was really torn on trying again with the diamond motif a couple of weeks ago as I love the look. However, mine also had hardware peeling/coming off quickly, so both potential issues combined just pose a large enough risk not to repurchase. Glad I didn’t as I just got a grained calf small Lady instead that seems even sturdier. Keep us posted!
Wow yours even had hardware peeling/chipping? That's really terrible.

Since you have both lambskin and grained calf, which do you prefer and recommend?

I am currently out of town so i can only bring to the boutique next week :sad: pls pray for me. I really hope i can go for a one to one exchange.