Lady Dior Diamond Motif peeling

Update: went to the local boutique and i was told they will need to take it back and see IF it can be repaired which will take up to 2 months. Then, if it can be repaired, it will probably take another 6 months or so. That is on top of whatever cost they will charge me.

I really hate the idea of having to pay for repairs when the bag is less than a yr old. I mean i didnt pay thousands of dollars to again pay more $ to repair something that is obviously on the brand isnt it.

I once sent my Chanel gabrielle for repair. It took almost 8 months before i was reacquainted with the bag. I don't get why it takes so long. If there's a long q for repairs, then what does it says about the lux brands and their quality?

Reactions: jjgg and papertiger
Update: went to the local boutique and i was told they will need to take it back and see IF it can be repaired which will take up to 2 months. Then, if it can be repaired, it will probably take another 6 months or so. That is on top of whatever cost they will charge me.

I really hate the idea of having to pay for repairs when the bag is less than a yr old. I mean i didnt pay thousands of dollars to again pay more $ to repair something that is obviously on the brand isnt it.

I once sent my Chanel gabrielle for repair. It took almost 8 months before i was reacquainted with the bag. I don't get why it takes so long. If there's a long q for repairs, then what does it says about the lux brands and their quality?
Sorry that this has happened to you. Dior should do better and just give you a credit.

Sorry that this has happened to you. Dior should do better and just give you a credit.
Me too.

They got back to me tdy and said they can repair it FOC. When asked what happens if after repair the same thing strikes? SA said "should be fine for future use".

I have no words to describe. I took up the repair offer but Dior better do something right if it happens again once repair is done.

Me too.

They got back to me tdy and said they can repair it FOC. When asked what happens if after repair the same thing strikes? SA said "should be fine for future use".

I have no words to describe. I took up the repair offer but Dior better do something right if it happens again once repair is done.
Ugh I just had to submit my lady Dior diamond motif for repair / replacement for the peeling. I’m so angry that the quality is so bad and that they won’t just credit it, it’s so obviously a defect. Have you gotten the repaired bag back yet?

I’m probably never buying from Dior again, I’m very unimpressed with the quality.

Yes i just received my bag last week. To be honest i believe they just "rubbed" down/off the peeling based on my observation. The SA couldn't even tell me how it was repaired since "it was sent overseas to be repaired ". Found it strange that the SA doesn't even bother to find out how it was fixed. I am disappointed but i guess i am also a coward who doesn't know how to "fight" back, afraid that i will be called a "karen" or a difficult customer so i accepted it as is and hope tt this issue does not happen again Sigh. It's really a pity as my other Dior bags has no flaws to date but i am kind of afraid to buy anymore Dior bags moving forward.
Ugh I just had to submit my lady Dior diamond motif for repair / replacement for the peeling. I’m so angry that the quality is so bad and that they won’t just credit it, it’s so obviously a defect. Have you gotten the repaired bag back yet?

I’m probably never buying from Dior again, I’m very unimpressed with the quality.

Yes i just received my bag last week. To be honest i believe they just "rubbed" down/off the peeling based on my observation. The SA couldn't even tell me how it was repaired since "it was sent overseas to be repaired ". Found it strange that the SA doesn't even bother to find out how it was fixed. I am disappointed but i guess i am also a coward who doesn't know how to "fight" back, afraid that i will be called a "karen" or a difficult customer so i accepted it as is and hope tt this issue does not happen again Sigh. It's really a pity as my other Dior bags has no flaws to date but i am kind of afraid to buy anymore Dior bags moving forward.
Ugh that’s super annoying! Does the bag look ok now? Or does it look like something is still off? The biggest concern is that the other parts will start peeling right?

I’m very prepared to go full Karen haha. If they suggest just repairing it, I’m going to cause a scene haha! It’s absolutely unacceptable to charge so much money for a product that is clearly flawed / has a defect.

Reactions: lemondr0p
I noticed my dior saddle was peeling this way, and it is the regular grained calfskin leather in the navy blue. But, it is peeling at the top of the flap that touches my armpit, so I am assuming my deodorant and sweat from my armpit reacts to the leather. It feels like it might be a finish at the top of the leather that is causing this issue.

That’s the repaired version?! You can still see the rings of the peeling! That’s crazy! I’m about to pick up my “repaired” bag, I’m very nervous to see what it looks like. Has your bag held up since the repair??
I’ve just stumbled across this forum, I have had mine submitted for what the boutique called “aftercare” this week, to determine whether it gets repaired or possibly credited, and to even reach that step I had to stand my ground. Did your boutique say anything about warranties and how long this process takes? And how is your bag doing after repair?

TIA

I’ve just stumbled across this forum, I have had mine submitted for what the boutique called “aftercare” this week, to determine whether it gets repaired or possibly credited, and to even reach that step I had to stand my ground. Did your boutique say anything about warranties and how long this process takes? And how is your bag doing after repair?

TIA
Hi! Not the person you were asking but I had a pretty bad peeling situation happen with a new bag with a handful of uses over 1.5 months. I can't speak for the repair, but I purchased mine in August this year and went to the boutique in October because the corners were completely peeling off and parts of the bottom of the bag were peeling. They sent it for repair but I also asked if they could see about either a new bag entirely or a store credit. I got a call yesterday from the Boutique I dropped it off at and they offered me either a new bag (same one) or a store credit. I opted for the store credit knowing that this is still an issue. When I dropped it off they said it could take anywhere from 3 - 6 months for repair but I got the call almost 2 months to the day for the new bag/store credit option.

Not sure if that helps! I think the leather is just stretched too thin to be durable and anything interacting with it can cause it to peel. I hope they either fix the problem or just do away with the diamond motif. It's beautiful but I see so many issues with it unfortunately.

Hi! Not the person you were asking but I had a pretty bad peeling situation happen with a new bag with a handful of uses over 1.5 months. I can't speak for the repair, but I purchased mine in August this year and went to the boutique in October because the corners were completely peeling off and parts of the bottom of the bag were peeling. They sent it for repair but I also asked if they could see about either a new bag entirely or a store credit. I got a call yesterday from the Boutique I dropped it off at and they offered me either a new bag (same one) or a store credit. I opted for the store credit knowing that this is still an issue. When I dropped it off they said it could take anywhere from 3 - 6 months for repair but I got the call almost 2 months to the day for the new bag/store credit option.

Not sure if that helps! I think the leather is just stretched too thin to be durable and anything interacting with it can cause it to peel. I hope they either fix the problem or just do away with the diamond motif. It's beautiful but I see so many issues with it unfortunately.
Thank you so much for your reply!

I’m so glad to hear you got your credit, it’s a pity because the diamond motif is such a beautiful design.

I brought mine while traveling overseas at the end of last year, wore it for two hours the next day and half of the back of the bag was completely worn through, took it to the boutique in Milan because that’s where I was when I realised the issue, they were very chill about it and offered me an exchange straight away.

Fast forward to now, I had worn the exchanged bag a total of no more than 5 times and now the motifs on the very bottom row of the front are peeling, I genuinely have no clue what could have caused it, because I baby that bag and nothing I know could’ve rubbed against that section of the bag.

I’ve taken it to the boutique and at first they said no international exchanges, followed by only one exchange per bag except the boutique said they can’t see the exchange from Milan on my profile? Then someone who I believe to be the manager came out and told me they would open a case to determine whether it will be credited or repaired which could take up to 8 weeks.

I’m not sure what to expect if they get back to me with the repair option because I’m thinking the peeling will continue to happen after repair. Really hoping for the credit at this point, the first time I thought I got a faulty bag and just needed to be more careful but now I’ve realised that this is a reoccurring issue which is causing more problems than anything else.

Thank you so much for your reply!

I’m so glad to hear you got your credit, it’s a pity because the diamond motif is such a beautiful design.

I brought mine while traveling overseas at the end of last year, wore it for two hours the next day and half of the back of the bag was completely worn through, took it to the boutique in Milan because that’s where I was when I realised the issue, they were very chill about it and offered me an exchange straight away.

Fast forward to now, I had worn the exchanged bag a total of no more than 5 times and now the motifs on the very bottom row of the front are peeling, I genuinely have no clue what could have caused it, because I baby that bag and nothing I know could’ve rubbed against that section of the bag.

I’ve taken it to the boutique and at first they said no international exchanges, followed by only one exchange per bag except the boutique said they can’t see the exchange from Milan on my profile? Then someone who I believe to be the manager came out and told me they would open a case to determine whether it will be credited or repaired which could take up to 8 weeks.

I’m not sure what to expect if they get back to me with the repair option because I’m thinking the peeling will continue to happen after repair. Really hoping for the credit at this point, the first time I thought I got a faulty bag and just needed to be more careful but now I’ve realised that this is a reoccurring issue which is causing more problems than anything else.
I mean it's definitely a known issue at this point so hopefully they'll give you a credit! It's definitely a frustrating situation for sure. Paying that much for a bag you'd expect the quality to not be so bad. At some point they have to consider pulling the design even though it's beautiful!

I mean it's definitely a known issue at this point so hopefully they'll give you a credit! It's definitely a frustrating situation for sure. Paying that much for a bag you'd expect the quality to not be so bad. At some point they have to consider pulling the design even though it's beautiful!
Oh definitely, this is my first Dior purchase and I certainly expected higher quality, a shame really considering this design is truly stunning. Anyhow, thank you so much for your replies, they have been immensely helpful in providing a better picture of what to possibly expect going forward in my situation. All the best with your future purchases!

Just stumbled on this, and mine does the same thing. I though I was just unlucky and since I don't have a Dior in my country, I didn't bother with the trouble of complaining cause I thought I'd get nowhere. Now I'm considering it, if they truly are helpful with either repair or store credit, cause the bag ain't cheap and I'm so afraid to use it except fancy dinner dates :sad: