Lady Dior clubhouse

Hi there, I am looking to add lady Dior to my collection and I am considering matte grey, but I am new to Dior - do you know how well the matte holds up? Worried if it might chip etc.

I’ve had no issues with the bag. I rotate my bags quite frequently but it’s since a good amount of use in the 8 months that I’ve had her. I highly recommend the matte gray and it goes with so much. Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: Chic-Chick
These look like they are part of their high-jewelry collection! I think they are set with diamonds and made of 18K gold!

Probably! It looks like a floral design that Victoire would come up with! The gold enamelled butterfly/floral/ladybeetle one paired with the red croc is outstanding. Fantastic use of intricate jewelry techniques to produce something playful!

I have been looking for a unique, vintage Lady Dior piece (quick background - recently I got into collecting vintage, iconic bags from different fashion houses). In my search, I came across a Lady Dior from the 90s (if I am not mistaken) that actually did not have the D.i.o.r. charms and no strap. Maybe an unpopular opionion but I actually also like it without the charms because it's more discreet in terms of branding. Don't get me wrong, I love the ones with charms but this is just a nice option. Does anyone here know more about this Lady Dior version? Do you know of other versions that did not have the charms? Here are some photos I found online

Attachments

• dior_white.png
    dior_white.png
    635.5 KB · Views: 21
  • dior_black.png
    dior_black.png
    874.6 KB · Views: 24
  • dior_gray.png
    dior_gray.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: ffflyin
I have been looking for a unique, vintage Lady Dior piece (quick background - recently I got into collecting vintage, iconic bags from different fashion houses). In my search, I came across a Lady Dior from the 90s (if I am not mistaken) that actually did not have the D.i.o.r. charms and no strap. Maybe an unpopular opionion but I actually also like it without the charms because it's more discreet in terms of branding. Don't get me wrong, I love the ones with charms but this is just a nice option. Does anyone here know more about this Lady Dior version? Do you know of other versions that did not have the charms? Here are some photos I found online
The charms may have fallen off, or removed. They did come with their charms. You can tell from how one particular grommet is attached to the handle ring.

Reactions: pretty_wommon
The charms may have fallen off, or removed. They did come with their charms. You can tell from how one particular grommet is attached to the handle ring.

Hi averagejoe. Thanks for your input. This is why I am curious because most of the info about Lady Dior state that they have charms. But interestingly, all these three (from the same collection, I believe) similarly don't have the Dior charms. Also, I found this description from 1stdibs.com. All the other photos from the posts (white and black bags, gray had only one photo) show that there are no charms (I am super curious now and actively hunting down a bag from this collection :graucho: It would be so special! I saw a post of a similar bag for sale actually, but i was suspicious because there were no charms, that's why i started doing research).

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 08.26.33.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ffflyin
Hi averagejoe. Thanks for your input. This is why I am curious because most of the info about Lady Dior state that they have charms. But interestingly, all these three (from the same collection, I believe) similarly don't have the Dior charms. Also, I found this description from 1stdibs.com. All the other photos from the posts (white and black bags, gray had only one photo) show that there are no charms (I am super curious now and actively hunting down a bag from this collection :graucho: It would be so special! I saw a post of a similar bag for sale actually, but i was suspicious because there were no charms, that's why i started doing research).

View attachment 4914734
Now I'm curious, too. I haven't seen the Lady Dior without the charms, even from the 90s. I wish that more pictures of the bags were provided, including of the date code so I can see when these were actually made. I also want to see the area where the charms would have been attached.

Reactions: 8teen
Now I'm curious, too. I haven't seen the Lady Dior without the charms, even from the 90s. I wish that more pictures of the bags were provided, including of the date code so I can see when these were actually made. I also want to see the area where the charms would have been attached.

I found another old post. I can send you the links to the posts if you like. There are several photos of the bags but no photo of the datecode. Here are some photos from the latest version I found. I really want to have this in my vintage collection.

Attachments

• dior_brown1.jpg
    dior_brown1.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 18
  • dior_brown2.jpg
    dior_brown2.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 17
  • dior_brown3.jpg
    dior_brown3.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 14
  • dior_brown4.jpg
    dior_brown4.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 15
I found another old post. I can send you the links to the posts if you like. There are several photos of the bags but no photo of the datecode. Here are some photos from the latest version I found. I really want to have this in my vintage collection.
It does look like the charms weren't on this from the photos, assuming that the photo is of the front of the bag rather than the back.

I actually suggest getting one with the charms. Even I mistakened it as the charms having been removed, which may mean that people who recognize the bag will wonder where the charms went.

Reactions: pretty_wommon
It does look like the charms weren't on this from the photos, assuming that the photo is of the front of the bag rather than the back.

I actually suggest getting one with the charms. Even I mistakened it as the charms having been removed, which may mean that people who recognize the bag will wonder where the charms went.

Haha that's true. I actually thought of that too. I appreciate your suggestion. :heart: I am definitely buying a regular Lady Dior (i.e., with Dior charms). Just deciding on the size and color (and whether i'd go preloved or from the store). But I think I will also get one of these - for novelty.:giggle: I really like quirky and unique stuff. Also, it's a nice conversation piece. I'm really loving Dior now! I have always admired Dior but recently, I have become a super fan (stalker level! :lol:)

Reactions: averagejoe