Key pouch stitching

Why would you think that you should?

I mean, if you want to drive yourself crazy, then that's your choice.
I guess that’s why I don’t. :biggrin:

I’ve been reading so many issues on tpF with designer stuff people buy, expecting it to be perfect. I guess it should with the money spent. But sometimes there’s a flaw, it doesn’t bother me because it’s going to happen as you use it. So why fret and get stressed.

I guess that’s why I don’t. [emoji3]

I’ve been reading so many issues on tpF with designer stuff people buy, expecting it to be perfect. I guess it should with the money spent. But sometimes there’s a flaw, it doesn’t bother me because it’s going to happen as you use it. So why fret and get stressed.

Right. Why fret when nothing is going to be perfect? And what is perfect to one person may be hideously flawed and devastating to another. Seriously.

I'm not saying that people should accept anything, but over-scrutinizing items and magnifying spots several times greater than the actual size is just ridiculous.

I've seen people say in the past that this kind of scrutinization of items often comes when people can't really afford the item. Like, it's a sort of buyer's remorse. I don't think that's necessarily always the case...but I do think that is the case at least some of the time.

I guess that’s why I don’t. :biggrin:

I think what happens is that people forget the branding "Louis Vuitton" on anything (luggage, SLGs, fashion jewelry, ink refill cartridges, etc.) is going to command an inflated price tag not because of quality but rather because of the name. Sure, the quality will be far superior to generic department store products or lesser brands, but a chunk of that price is because of the "LV" branding and not necessarily impeccable quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnpauliegal
I think we should expect superior quality. Isn't that what luxury brands are about and what we pay for? I just started looking at LV and buying a few things, and I'm disappointed with the quality of the hardware, and now thanks to this post, the stitching in my coin pouch.

Reactions: TheOriginalG
I think we should expect superior quality. Isn't that what luxury brands are about and what we pay for?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you but its the reality of it. Luxury products will command inflated prices because of the brand. I had to return a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo sneakers earlier today because the stitching on one of them had loose and uneven threads whereas my Nike's that were made in a Chinese sweatshop looked more high quality. Even the sales associate said the stitching on that particular sneaker looked something that he would expect from a shoe bought from Walmart or Payless and not a Ferragamo product.

How do you know when you're being too picky or if you're just expecting/demanding quality? I bought a key pouch/cles in Mono over the weekend, and my initial reaction was that I loved it. I still do for its functionality, but I read another post questioning the stitching on a key class, and now I'm questioning the stitching on mine. I can see the stitches/stitch holes, and I can see light shining through the bottom of the pouch. I've included pictures to try and illustrate what I mean.

I'm fairly new to LV, and I'm not sure where the line is between expecting/demanding quality and being too picky. I was perfectly happy with my cles before reading this, and other similar posts. Now I'm wondering if I should try and exchange it? I've read both sides of the spectrum - that these things are normal and also that these things indicate shoddy quality and should be exchanged. I feel like this is one of those "you don't know what you don't know" things. I did inspect the cles before buying and saw the alignment wasn't perfect at the bottom of the cles, was slightly bothered by it but it was the only one in the store at the time so I decided to buy it and let it go. I didn't even think to look for the stitching because quite frankly, it didn't even occur to me that it was something that was a potential issue.

What do you all think? Should I try to exchange (not sure if they would even let me because technically I have used it already) or am I being too picky and influenced by others? Quite frankly, I was perfectly happy with the piece until I started reading some of these other threads. That makes me think maybe I'm being too picky, but I didn't know to look at the stitching and I don't want to ignore a potential quality problem if it might cause issues down the line. Also, generally speaking, are there issues that are brought up that you feel are the buyer being too picky vs issues that are real issued of concern?

Attachments

• IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 972
  • IMG_3407.JPG
    IMG_3407.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 974
I don’t have any stitching issues on my Cles from a few years ago, but I can definitely see light like yours when I view it the way you are. I personally don’t think you have any quality issues to worry about with this piece. It’s a very useful item. If you look for a problem, you will definitely find one. Enjoy your new piece. :smile:

Mine is the DE one and no light passes through it. Also, the pattern lines up and the canvas is thick. I have noticed some fading on the pattern though......that could be just wear and tear.