Kelly Twilly Bag Charm

:lol: Ohhhhhhh good or Ohhhhh bad?!!!

Ohhhhhhh as in I wish I had thought about looking at Etsy and found this, but at the same time ohhhhhhhh shall I give it a try even if it’s not Hermes? Am I drawn to the mini kelly charm only because if it’s Hermes, or would I like it still even if it’s not? So that “ohhhhhhhh” is confusing even to me :lol:

Ohhhhhhh as in I wish I had thought about looking at Etsy and found this, but at the same time ohhhhhhhh shall I give it a try even if it’s not Hermes? Am I drawn to the mini kelly charm only because if it’s Hermes, or would I like it still even if it’s not? So that “ohhhhhhhh” is confusing even to me :lol:
Nope totally get it!

There are so many cute charms on that site & so many look really good to the eye.
I know that there is nothing like having the real H charm, but that is a little steep, IYKWIM
It could be fun hanging off the carmen/key ring though if someone doesn't want it on their bag

Reactions: xiaoxiao
I’m a mini bag charm fiend and i’m so excited for this!! It’s the ultimate in the bag charm world, i’m more excited about this than I am about a mini Kelly it’ll probably be ridiculously hard to find but imma find one if it kills me!

Reactions: Txoceangirl
While they maybe "cute" as miniatures, but I think the idea of a kelly charm is fast becoming a cliche.
Sorry this may sound harsh (and with no intention to offend anyone on here).

I am struggling to see the craftmanship or fine details in these chams, as one would expect from a normal size kelly.
At their best, these charms look hastily put together, resembling a copy or a half finished Kelly to me.

Like others have pointed out, it has been done before by other brands and if I remember correctly Fendi has also done micro bag charms which resemble a lot more like their normal counter part with the finer details of their original sized bag.

Maybe in person the kelly charms would have better appeal, but my initial reaction is not a positive one at all.

View attachment 4501854

I was just about to post something similar. Quality does not look up to par from the photos. Looks like something one would find on etsy.

I was just about to post something similar. Quality does not look up to par from the photos. Looks like something one would find on etsy.
I agree, I wasn’t too impressed by the photos but I found the quality looks much better in the short video that was posted. I was actually quite impressed with how sturdy the sangles and hardware appeared.

Reactions: lulilu
While they maybe "cute" as miniatures, but I think the idea of a kelly charm is fast becoming a cliche.
Sorry this may sound harsh (and with no intention to offend anyone on here).

I am struggling to see the craftmanship or fine details in these chams, as one would expect from a normal size kelly.
At their best, these charms look hastily put together, resembling a copy or a half finished Kelly to me.

Like others have pointed out, it has been done before by other brands and if I remember correctly Fendi has also done micro bag charms which resemble a lot more like their normal counter part with the finer details of their original sized bag.

Maybe in person the kelly charms would have better appeal, but my initial reaction is not a positive one at all.

View attachment 4501854

As someone who collects miniature bags, including the Fendi you posted :biggrin:, I do feel like there are some details on the Kelly charm that were overlooked. I have one of their micro bags from SS17 and know the level of detail they can add when so inclined. However, to work on this scale requires an incredible amount of adeptness that often surpasses larger items. I can only imagine the price if it actually had all of the detail of a Kelly. For this price, the working sangles and tiny feet are sufficient.

Anyway, no offense taken. I think your assessment is accurate; I merely have a different reaction.

I love this and not in the least bit offended by anyone who feels is silly. It is kind of ridiculous, more of like an ironic piece, but love it none the less. In fact I’d probably wear it at work as a necklace. It would be a great conversation piece with anyone who arrived carrying a huge Birkin. We’d have a little laugh.:biggrin:

I love this and not in the least bit offended by anyone who feels is silly. It is kind of ridiculous, more of like an ironic piece, but love it none the less. In fact I’d probably wear it at work as a necklace. It would be a great conversation piece with anyone who arrived carrying a huge Birkin. We’d have a little laugh.:biggrin:

Necklace was my first thought too. I could keep my meds in there. Or maybe a mint (depending on the size of the mint, of course)

I wouldn’t buy this for that price though. Unless it could fit 3 mints. Then, maybe I’m game :lol:

Necklace was my first thought too. I could keep my meds in there. Or maybe a mint (depending on the size of the mint, of course)

I wouldn’t buy this for that price though. Unless it could fit 3 mints. Then, maybe I’m game :lol:

I remember during the spring/summer 2017 runway, Hermes debuted a series of micro bag necklaces and they were well-made and functional (meaning it is fully lined inside and can be opened and closed)! I found the picture below from the Vogue archives:
342D1490-5FA7-4B1D-9F9D-7C788F47F47E.jpeg
Those micro bags were considered high end jewelry since the chains were made out of 18k white gold or yellow gold, so the price tag was quite steep (if I remember correctly, the ombré lizard micro bag with an 18k white gold chain was priced at about 12,000 Euros, and it was only big enough to put a small box of mints inside.)

I assume the capacity of the Kelly Sellier bag charm should be about the same. I also assume the price tag won’t be as expensive, since it doesn’t come with an 18k gold chain. So, if you can find a decent chain to wear the Kelly Sellier bag charm as a necklace, then it could be quite the bargain!

I remember during the spring/summer 2017 runway, Hermes debuted a series of micro bag necklaces and they were well-made and functional (meaning it is fully lined inside and can be opened and closed)! I found the picture below from the Vogue archives:
View attachment 4504322
Those micro bags were considered high end jewelry since the chains were made out of 18k white gold or yellow gold, so the price tag was quite steep (if I remember correctly, the ombré lizard micro bag with an 18k white gold chain was priced at about 12,000 Euros, and it was only big enough to put a small box of mints inside.)

I assume the capacity of the Kelly Sellier bag charm should be about the same. I also assume the price tag won’t be as expensive, since it doesn’t come with an 18k gold chain. So, if you can find a decent chain to wear the Kelly Sellier bag charm as a necklace, then it could be quite the bargain!
Great idea! I love when bag people get together and do “bag math”... you end up with a $3000 bag charm being a “bargain” lol :lol: ... my husband and I do this type of “convincing math” when we really really want something but it’s too damn expensive. The result is usually the same. “It’s a bargain!” Lol

I don't think this could qualify as 'practical' - it's definitely a fun thing. If any TPF me,bets have any news please share. I am very keen on it, and I predict the fake sellers will have a field day with it. I can just imagibe Instagram cluttered with it, so I'd be very careful to buy direct from boutique.