KELLY 35 CROCODILE, HAC40 CROCODILE OR BIRKIN 40 CROCODILE? - MEN

When fully closed properly, both styles are a palava to access; much as we like to have them, however desirable they might be aesthetically neither would get a design award these days.
Carrying the Kelly with the flap open is not wise from a security point of view; carrying the Kelly merely fastened by the touret with the sangles hanging is not good for the bag.
A Birkin or HAC is convenient when used as on open tote; with the flap folded against the bag, the double handles do bring the bags to a close with some degree of security.

Is your question hypothetical or are there two specific bags under consideration? If so it would be interesting to know the colours.

Reactions: bubablu and TOM75
Birkin first
Kelly next haha
Happy ending
Birkin. I don’t own a Kelly however I own a Fendi Peek-a-boo and the pain of getting in and out of it has made me abandoned it. My friends who own the Kelly lament that besides the strap and of course gorgeous aesthetics of the Kelly, functionality is not a high selling point. Now that said - do whatever works for you. Despite the functionality issues, I won’t say no to ever owning a Kelly. It’s too gorgeous not to own :P

;)))))

Welcome to TPF Tom! I’m a fan of both, and have both styles. I prefer the Birkin due to ease of access. I don’t have a B40, but I’ve tried one on in the store and it swallowed me whole. For reference I’m 5,6 and of a thicker (not fat) build. I have Bs in 25-30-35-42cm and Ks in 32 and 35.
My biggest gripe with the K is that flap. Trying to find an efficient way to grab my stuff is difficult. If I’m running in and out I don’t bother even closing the flap or the sangles, and my bag gapes open. People stop me and go “you know your bag is wide open and your stuff is going to fall out”.
I would research the Kelly quite a bit in the forum and see what others say about ease of use and how they cope with getting to their belongings before I buy.
Here’s a link to the Men’s Hermès forum. It should prove to be a massive amount of information and inspiration.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/space-for-guys-modeling-their-hermes.377429/

Thank you very much for your complete information ;)

When fully closed properly, both styles are a palava to access; much as we like to have them, however desirable they might be aesthetically neither would get a design award these days.
Carrying the Kelly with the flap open is not wise from a security point of view; carrying the Kelly merely fastened by the touret with the sangles hanging is not good for the bag.
A Birkin or HAC is convenient when used as on open tote; with the flap folded against the bag, the double handles do bring the bags to a close with some degree of security.

Is your question hypothetical or are there two specific bags under consideration? If so it would be interesting to know the colours.

Thank you for these clarifications, yes absolutely I hesitate with a birkin 40 crocodile matte, navy blue / gold metal or a kelly 35 navy crocodile

You could be killed for either - a happy choice to have to make

p.s. reading your 'use' post a B40 seems a bit cumbersome for that: it's the width of the base; comparing like for like I think Bs have wider bases than Ks

Reactions: TOM75
B40. K35 will look like a purse. I have similar built like you and I have lakis 35. It is ok, but not too great....If I hand-carry it, it is feminine. If i shoulder carry it, it is better. Hope this helps.

Reactions: TOM75