KELLY 35 CROCODILE, HAC40 CROCODILE OR BIRKIN 40 CROCODILE? - MEN

If I were a guy I would choose a birkin for the ease of accessibility to the interior of the bag. I would surmise the birkin holds more. I have my armor on and shield raised ready for arrows -- the first time I saw an acquaintance's 35 Kelly I thought what a huge purse. When she opened it, the flap was way up there while the bottom of the bag was way down there and it just looked so out of proportion to me. Perhaps it was overstuffed but whatever it was not an oh wow pretty purse.

Reactions: TOM75 and allanrvj
Birkin. I don’t own a Kelly however I own a Fendi Peek-a-boo and the pain of getting in and out of it has made me abandoned it. My friends who own the Kelly lament that besides the strap and of course gorgeous aesthetics of the Kelly, functionality is not a high selling point. Now that said - do whatever works for you. Despite the functionality issues, I won’t say no to ever owning a Kelly. It’s too gorgeous not to own :P

Reactions: TOM75 and allanrvj
If I were a guy I would choose a birkin for the ease of accessibility to the interior of the bag. I would surmise the birkin holds more. I have my armor on and shield raised ready for arrows -- the first time I saw an acquaintance's 35 Kelly I thought what a huge purse. When she opened it, the flap was way up there while the bottom of the bag was way down there and it just looked so out of proportion to me. Perhaps it was overstuffed but whatever it was not an oh wow pretty purse.

Yes, but I find the style of kelly epure, and chic

Welcome to TPF Tom! I’m a fan of both, and have both styles. I prefer the Birkin due to ease of access. I don’t have a B40, but I’ve tried one on in the store and it swallowed me whole. For reference I’m 5,6 and of a thicker (not fat) build. I have Bs in 25-30-35-42cm and Ks in 32 and 35.
My biggest gripe with the K is that flap. Trying to find an efficient way to grab my stuff is difficult. If I’m running in and out I don’t bother even closing the flap or the sangles, and my bag gapes open. People stop me and go “you know your bag is wide open and your stuff is going to fall out”.
I would research the Kelly quite a bit in the forum and see what others say about ease of use and how they cope with getting to their belongings before I buy.
Here’s a link to the Men’s Hermès forum. It should prove to be a massive amount of information and inspiration.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/space-for-guys-modeling-their-hermes.377429/

Last edited:
Reactions: TOM75
What will the main use of the bag be? Kelly is more formal and would work as an office bag, Birkin is more casual. It could be a work bag as well but the 40cm is quite large. B35 could work for office.

Reactions: TOM75