The Hermès Jypsiere

I have two jypsiere 28 bags, both in Clémence. I use them a lot and they do get heavy after a while (if walking around for a while) so I wouldn’t mind one in swift, but would worry about the robustness of the leather vs clémence since I use them so often. That said, I would still buy a swift. I also sometimes put different Hermes straps on them which changes the look. It’s a very versatile bag and one that, for me, gets a lot of use. On the color transfer question, I wear dark wash jeans a lot and used to own an Evelyne in étoupe and one in gold. Both showed color transfer after a short period of time.

Reactions: ryukafroo
Got my 31 in Gold Clemence PHW week-and-a-half ago. I’ve taken it out 2x but I don’t really carry much when running errands or popping into office quickly. The padded shoulder strap makes bag feel light. While bag has pockets to hold large iphone, key fob and card holder, I ordered a Samorga organizer to keep small items (ie, hand sanitizer, masks) from getting lost in the bag. This will be great travel bag when we get to do that again!

Attachments

• 11C7FD85-A22A-4364-ACF0-B2C4BFB1D294.jpeg
    11C7FD85-A22A-4364-ACF0-B2C4BFB1D294.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 120
I do want a Mini Lindy at some point, but I thought I’d compare the J31 vs Loewe Puzzle Medium (i got the pebbled finish as opposed to the smooth one). Love them both for the padded shoulder strap, although the J31 weighs a lot, lot more (sorry no weighing scale). Approximately same width and depth, and therefore fits about the same. J31 is easier to get stuff in and out of (less fussy), while the puzzle has advantage of small outside pocket. Hope this helps :smile:

Dear Jypsiere-lovers, can you please help me? I saw someone carrying a J28 as a shoulder bag, so the strap was quite short. HOW do you do this? :lol:
Thank you!!

I don't know why one would want to do this - the bag bottom would stick way out against your elbow - it's designed as a cross-body style.

That said I do use a twilly sometimes instead of or in addition to the strap - makes a more evening-y carry or a "grab handle" (which I find useful getting in/out of car).

Reactions: LOA