Just Curious...What first impressed you about Hermes?

The quality and timelessness of the brand. I have horses, so appreciated the saddlery store smell too!

I also enjoyed the tranquility of the store (!). Sadly those days are generally gone, and I feel like I'm fighting it out to be served in a crowded bar, in most Hermes stores.

When I got my hands on my first Birkin i knew I was done with other brands. I raced home to compare it with my guccis and LVs. The immaculate stiching, the butter soft leather and the smell!!! My god the smell!!! Lol
Now my old bags just feel plastic-y and cheap to me.
It sounds crazy that I appreciate the quality of this brand so much. I am done, done, done with others!!

Iffah, as a long time lurker I value your opinions, thanks for sharing your thoughts, i enjoyed reading it ;)

:biggrin: Thank you, yummum.

Ita on Iwantaspybag:ghi5: on Hermes being "doesn't shout notice me". With a catch, lol. Not easy feat to carry a Birkin or a Lindy, today w/o "notice me", depending on where we live. I'd do this with Plumes, Trims, along that line. Ultimately, enjoy carrying what we feel like we wanna to.

Days and months and all that of walking past the FSH windows when I lived or visited Paris. I never went in, though I licked the windows every time--as a graduate student, I felt it was beyond me, but I promised myself that one day, I would hold these beautiful treasures. Many years later, holding my first scarf--then my first piece of horn, then my first bag--the joy in the craftsmanship was equal to my hope.

The clean lines and just the elegance of the bag, smoothness of the silks and striking beauty of the accessories- and I am in love :smile:
My humble collection is only a BB Kelly and a scarf- but hoping to add the holy grail :heartbeat: Birkin to my collection .. Soon God Speed :smile:

when i started i thought this was a quiet, timeless uber chic brand. now it's not a quiet brand anymore. but still love it just the same

Agreed.

Even the stores are more like fish markets should I venture into one on a Sat afternoon

but, once I have the product at home I am usually impressed by the quality, content in my choice and assured I will have this beautiful 'thing' forever :tender:.

The quality of the materials and the craftsmanship. Oh, and nothing like sticking your head inside a new Birkin and taking a deep whiff...sure beats doing that to a glass of wine in my opinion!
Lol! Good to know that I'm not the only one that smells my bags from time to time! That was actually one of the first things I did when I got my Birkin-stick my head inside and take a big whiff! :biggrin: I was thinking, "Ahhhh leather!"