job interview shoes

I hate panty hose. If I wear any 'hose' now it's usually tights in winter.

In my old job, I kept a spare pair of nude hose in my desk.

Hose never failed to run or snag. I've bought pairs, opened the package, and lo and behold, they came with their own hole. You pay $10-20 for them now and may get one wear. Just a way for women to throw out money.
ITA! But I wear them on interviews...even in summer! You just never know, especially in my field, how "old school" the interviewer is. I once had a recruiter "strongly suggest" I wear a skirt.
I've heard horror stories about judges asking attorneys to leave for various wardrobe reasons, including open toe shoes, AND no stockings. My friend even got snarky comments said about her (by a female judge) for wearing a white/cream colored pant-suit in the summer! :wtf:
I guess the main theme is to stay on the conservative side.

I once had a preliminary interview for a position and I was told during that interview that if I got the final interview, I would need to dress in a certain way and that the company had a certain dress code. The company's owners were from an Orthodox religion and they expected women to present themselves in a particular manner - covered arms, recommended skirt length, no pants, etc. Also, they were known to be nosey into people's private lives.

I was thankful I did not get a second interview.

Ok who has seen that movie "The Secretary". I don't know, this whole restrictive employers thing is giving me flashbacks to scenes from that movie.

Cllover, it could be -40 and you still have to wear a skirt. That's who the owners were, they owned the company (a major mall in Canada and also have US interests).

I found that the company's owners and such a policy were creepy. Not for me.

Wish you good luck with the job interview. Have you decided, yet? I would go with classic and Lady Grant are so that. Probably because of the camel/patent black combo.

I hate panty hose. If I wear any 'hose' now it's usually tights in winter.

In my old job, I kept a spare pair of nude hose in my desk.

Hose never failed to run or snag. I've bought pairs, opened the package, and lo and behold, they came with their own hole. You pay $10-20 for them now and may get one wear. Just a way for women to throw out money.

Agreed!

ITA! But I wear them on interviews...even in summer! You just never know, especially in my field, how "old school" the interviewer is. I once had a recruiter "strongly suggest" I wear a skirt.
I've heard horror stories about judges asking attorneys to leave for various wardrobe reasons, including open toe shoes, AND no stockings. My friend even got snarky comments said about her (by a female judge) for wearing a white/cream colored pant-suit in the summer! :wtf:
I guess the main theme is to stay on the conservative side.

Oh girl you need to see how attorneys dress in the Keys... I never thought you could ever over dress for court until I had to go down south... flip flops and Tommy Bahama shirts!!! I kid you not!!!:wtf: