job interview shoes

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. do they have to be black and boring?
    i have an interview for an assistant language teacher job abroad and it's my first interview ever, and i'm completely lost. i know not to wander in wearing peeptoes or 5 inch heels or anything, but i've heard people say that only black is suitable for an interview when i was hoping for something a bit less boring. nothing too out there, but maybe something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHRISTIAN-LOUBOUTIN-NUDE-SLINGBACKS-AW08-NEW-39-6-6_W0QQitemZ220342195152QQihZ012QQcategoryZ63889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

will i be frowned upon for not being in boring black?

2. #2 Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
    I think the color is perfect, however I would stay with both close toe and heel.
    Good luck!

3. Depends on what outfit/suit you are wearing. I think those would go well with a light-colored pant suit outfit, or a nice blouse, khaki/beige pants outfit. If you're wearing black pants, I'd still go with black shoes.

4. ...i once wore white new simples.. i now realize that was probably a bit much! lol!

5. I would hire you.:shrugs:

6. Those look professional :tup:

7. yeah that's what i was thinking... i have lighter coloured clothes but everywhere i've looked on the internet has said black shoes and i was thinking they would look too harsh with my outfit.

i saw a similar pair, just with a slightly lower heel in the sale at harvey nics, i'm going to go back tomorrow and see if they're available in my size. :smile:

8. ^I think that would work! I don't see why you *have* to wear black shoes.

9. i think as long as its a neutral color with a closed toe and heel then its ok. U know wut CL's come to mind when i think 'business' or 'interview' shoes?......LADY GRANTS!!!

10. I don't think you have to wear black shoes, but I would definitely stay neutral (black, brown, nude). and I agree with kaeleigh- I would stay with closed toe and heel.

and just my opinion, but black CL's are never boring if you have that glossy red sole :P

11. ooo which harbey nics?
    i went yday to the london one.

12. but the first part of my post disappeared
    i meant to say....

i think they'll look good, id hire (if i was workin) ny one who wore cls =D

13. Yeah, I think, in general, stay with closed-toe and closed-heel pumps. If you're wearing pants, which would cover your heel, I think those sling-backs would be ok.

14. I'd have to think about wearing any CLs to an interview. They may make a statement that you wouldn't want to be making. Unless of course, you are applying for a job where CLs and other high-end shoes are the norm. I'd go for something a little more understated and not recognizable.

15. ^^That is what I was thinking. Some people may not think you need the job if you can afford the shoes, KWIM? It is weird to think like that, but you never know.