jenaywins | the red list of sole mates

I feel that this pair is very underrated, and I honestly haven't seen anyone else dying to have these or revealing them on the forum. That being said, I die for these!!! I went into Barneys one day to talk to my dear friend and SA Anthony about finding me a pair for a trip to NYC this fall. I told him that I wanted something that would be at least semi-warm, and at least semi-comfortable. When he recommended that I try these, I was very skeptical. I wasn't sure how I felt about this particular style, but once I tried them on, it was love! These are so flattering and so comfortable... I can't wait to wear these with tights and a great sweater dress. I live in AZ and need to really cut back on the purchase of this style shoe, but hey... These are just great!

Miss Fast Plato 140 Calf in Black

DSC00211.jpg

Ok, so these were a total impulse buy... Utterly and completely! On this particular day, I had previously ordered a couple things on Neiman Marcus' website that didn't fit me, so I figured I'd just pop into the store to return them. My girlfriend and I were walking through the shoes the day before the CL trunk show was to occur, and they already had a TON of luscious styles out on the floor. She and I stopped dead in our tracks when we saw these, and I knew there was absolutely no way that they had them in my size. My lovely SA, Sascha, came over and I asked if he had a 38.5. We waited and waited, and I knew he was going to come back with bad news... But he didn't - he came back with a box!!! I put these on and, while they are killers, they were absolute love at first site! I am still saving these for a special occasion, and I'm terrified of getting them dirty due to the colour, but you only live once - right!?

Bianca Zip in Tourterelle Suede

DSC00222.jpg

I am very fickle sometimes, and making up my mind is a daily struggle. I absolutely hated these when they came out - hate! I thought they were completely over the top and, for goodness' sake, where would one ever wear them!? On a weekend trip to Vegas with the girls, I popped into Barneys at the Palazzo and saw these. I stared at them, and they stared back. All of my girlfriends poo-pooed them and called them names, but I started to feel differently. Barneys only had them in black, so I asked for my size. Of course, they only had a size 41 left - boo! When I returned home, I went into my local Barneys and asked my SA Anthony if they had the shoe in my size. He came back with a 39.5, much too big for me, and told me to try them to see if I liked the style on my foot and that he would order them in for me. Um, what is this? The 39.5 FITS!?!?!? I was an owner. I purchased them without a second thought and also picked up a pair of nude New Simples which I have since returned - and regrettably so!

Well, as I said, I am extremely fickle. Even after receiving very positive feedback from all the lovely ladies on TPF when I posted this pair requesting opinions, I decided that I needed them in another colour - only the most difficult of the two colours to find - completely sold out! Well, Anthony is a miracle worker and called me a week later to say that someone had returned a pair to the Dallas Barneys and that I needed to charge them ASAP!!! Of course I did, and of course my bank freaked out and put a fraud alert on my Visa effectively shutting it off once they saw the charge come through for this much money in Dallas, but..... They were MINE!!! I picked them up a week later and took them home. Love, love, love! But, as always, I was my own worst enemy and decided I didn't really want them and took them back. In the end, I ended up purchasing them for a THIRD time - and hopefully this will be the last time I have to buy this same pair of shoes! Ladies, you know them... You love them...

Clou Noeud in Nude

DSC00187.jpg

We all have that one that got away, and this pair was it for me. I had been semi-lusting after this particular pair for a short while, and when they popped up on eBay for only $499, I decided to sleep on the decision to purchase them, as I had been very bad that month! Well, as it turns out, that was the WRONG decision - I should have snapped them up! By the time I woke up the next morning and decided to click the BIN button, they were gone! How could this have happened!? The only other pair on eBay were double the price - and the seller would not budge! Sigh, yet another pair that would never be mine. I stalked eBay, Bluefly, the Outnet, Bonz, and everything in between for weeks searching for this pair in my size -- nada. Nothing. I was so heartbroken that I didn't purchase the pair for $499! As it turns out, that particular pair went to a very lovely and very sweet TPF'er who loves them and deserves them - she had been wanting them for a while! So I thought, well, my day will come, too, and I will just live through the pictures she posted on her collection thread until I find mine! So I started to feel better about the loss, and continued to keep an eye on eBay. Until.... WOW! One day, I was looking through the D&S thread, and the same wonderful seller who sold me my Roccias (Melia!!!!!) posted this pair of shoes in a colour I had never seen before... In my size! I immediately emailed the seller and asked if she would accept a BIN on the shoes, and she did! I am not sure if she is a member here, but she is literally the nicest seller I have ever worked with. She shipped the shoes immediately after I paid, and I just got them yesterday. So a big thank you to Melia for posting, and a big thank you to the seller of this pair. They are one of my HG's and I finally have them! My newest pair, and by far my second favourite...

Piros 120 in Naturale

DSC00220.jpg

I'm so surprised at your Clou Noeuds story- I think those are so sexy!! And you were them really well- they really bring out the red in your tattoo since the nude color blends in with your leg- I think they look amazing!!!

The Piros are cute, I didn't really think that much of them until I saw them on. I'd only seen them in pictures before.

EXCELLENT COLLECTION!! :urock::peace:

And finally, we come to the last pair. I have sold many, many pairs recently, but these will never go. I decided to randomly stroll into Saks one Saturday with one of my girlfriends, and this pair caught my eye. I tried them on in my usual size, and realized that they were too big. When I asked the SA for a half size smaller, she said that the pair I had on was the only pair in the building and that this particular shoe was in high demand, thus she did not expect a shipment anytime soon. I was sad, but I had been spending quite a bit of money that month and decided that it would be better to not purchase them. Once we left the store, all I could think about was those shoes. I looked for them everywhere online, and of course they couldn't be found. When I got to work the next morning, I phoned Saks and spoke to a different SA in shoes. I told her my situation and asked if there was any way to get on a waiting list for that size. The SA hesitated and then asked if she could put me on hold. Sigh, ok. Fine. She finally came back some time later and, much to my surprise, said that there was ONE pair in that size which had been on hold for someone else but that their deadline to pick them up had been exceeded!!! MINE!!!!!! I told her that I would be there in an hour and asked that she please hold them for me. I dragged my girlfriend a reluctant male friend with me to try them on and hopefully purchase them. When I finally got them and put them on, they fit like a glove and looked amazing! For an impulse buy, this pair was absolutely meant to be! When I bought them, I thought I would never find a place to wear them. As it turns out, these comfortable beauties go with anything and everything, and they add the perfect amount of edge to an otherwise boring outfit! When I wore these last weekend in Vegas with DBF (I told you we go a lot!) I got nothing but stares and compliments - and it wasn't me, honey, it was the shoes!! Girls mean mugged them, guys drooled over them, and I continue to love this pair more than any other in my collection. When I mentioned above that the Piros are my second favourite pair, it is because these are my FIRST

Studded Very Prive

DSC00224.jpg

... So this is the end - for now. ;)

Of course, I will continue to buy and sell and love my CLs, and any new shinies will be posted in this thread. I truly enjoy my shoes, and I truly enjoy being a member of this subforum! In a lot of cases, the lovely ladies that I have met on the CL subforum are just as important as the shoes we all love - at least for me. Thank you for looking!

:woohoo: I am so glad your decided to do a collection!!!!!!!!! It is a pretty big deal and you have done it with such grace and style. Every story and every pair is so special. I am thrilled to be your shoe twin on the rastas and I am in LOVE with the nudes/naturals---all of them! Your tattoo is the best part of each picture :biggrin:.

The Biancas in Tourterelle suede are an impulse buy I would keep! I agree! They look fantastic and will go with almost everything! :woohoo:

Yes!! They are definitely killers, but soooo lovely in person - much better than my crappy fuzzy pics! :P

Stunning collection!!!! :girlsigh:

Thank you!!!!

I'm so surprised at your Clou Noeuds story- I think those are so sexy!! And you were them really well- they really bring out the red in your tattoo since the nude color blends in with your leg- I think they look amazing!!!

The Piros are cute, I didn't really think that much of them until I saw them on. I'd only seen them in pictures before.

EXCELLENT COLLECTION!! :urock::peace:

Thank you again! The Noeuds are pretty difficult to walk in, truth be told, which is why I thought that maybe I didn't really want them. But at the end of the day, dang, who doesn't want them! :graucho:

I agree. The Piros are something that I had seen on Bluefly a lot but never really paid attention to. Then one day it clicked that they are the perfect boot - and they really are! Pictures can't do them justice; they are just lovely in person!

:woohoo: I am so glad your decided to do a collection!!!!!!!!! It is a pretty big deal and you have done it with such grace and style. Every story and every pair is so special. I am thrilled to be your shoe twin on the rastas and I am in LOVE with the nudes/naturals---all of them! Your tattoo is the best part of each picture :biggrin:.

CTS, you are so very sweet! Such a compliment coming from you! :flowers:

Your previous avatar is part of what really pushed me into purchasing the multis, and I couldn't be happier that we are shoe twins! The tattoo is actually the first of seven that I have so it's pretty sentimental to me - even if it is just of a couple of dumb cherries! :P

^^Aw, thank you very much. I am honored. I plan to reinstate that avi tonight. LiLo was only temporary. I only have one tattoo but my husband has several and I think each one has a story and a place. If it makes you feel better about your cherries, mine is a grapevine!