Jay Strongwater Charms! Let's Share Talk & Pics!

restricter, glad to see you! Thank you so much for sharing your collection of JS charms! They are very nice indeed. Would you mind telling us where you got them at a sample sale? That's so cool. Do you wear them? If you do, how do you wear them? I need the Lion and the Giraffe! I have a jungle theme with practically e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g! :yes:

The sample sale was here in NYC and if you love jungle theme, I must show you the necklace that can be worn as a belt -- it has all of the jungle animals on it. I'll post the belt and the rest of my charms and chains later.

Of all of them, I tend to reach for Mara the Leopard most often as a pendant but I do love wearing a bunch together. They're quite well made.

The sample sale was here in NYC and if you love jungle theme, I must show you the necklace that can be worn as a belt -- it has all of the jungle animals on it. I'll post the belt and the rest of my charms and chains later.

Of all of them, I tend to reach for Mara the Leopard most often as a pendant but I do love wearing a bunch together. They're quite well made.
Thanks for the info! I cannot wait to see that belt/necklace! :woot: I agree with you in that these charms are very well made. They are jewelry. I particularly like the stone on the clasp. It's totally a jewelry designer's touch.

^I really like the JS charms. You're definitely a charm person too katierose so I'm sure you'd like them. You would only have to choose one that fits those things you relish and I think you'd be very happy. I only have one because in the past, although nice, there were so many other things that got my attention and the available charms back then didn't feel like "must haves" for me. With the current selection there are quite a few that are "must haves!" Oh my, what's a retired girl to do? I need a bumper sticker on my car that reads, "Will work for charms!" :P

Glad to see you on the thread kr! By the way, which JS charms kinda interest you?

Yes, I love charm bracelets and have them in the traditional style in gold and silver.
Of course I have my collection of Juicy charms which are my favorites.

RE: the JS charms. I love the rabbit and most of the other animal charms. The birthday month lockets are pretty too.

restricter, you certainly have a nice JS collection! :drool: I love the belt! I would definitely wear it as a necklace. It would also look good worn low on the waist over a jumpsuit/unitard! (I used to have the bod to wear it like that).

No, you didn't mention how good the sample sale was... Care to tell us? (You could pm me if you don't want to make that info public). Heck, I'm a new collector to the brand and I'd love to know. By the way, did you have to have a business license to enjoy the sample sale? For now I'm in Cali... I'm sure we must have those sales too. :yes:

I must have that flower with the bee! It is gorgeous! :biggrin:

I'm so glad you came along and contributed to this thread. :flowers:

Hopefully some other ladies will chime in on this thread.

restricter, you certainly have a nice JS collection! :drool: I love the belt! I would definitely wear it as a necklace. It would also look good worn low on the waist over a jumpsuit/unitard! (I used to have the bod to wear it like that).

No, you didn't mention how good the sample sale was... Care to tell us? (You could pm me if you don't want to make that info public). Heck, I'm a new collector to the brand and I'd love to know. By the way, did you have to have a business license to enjoy the sample sale? For now I'm in Cali... I'm sure we must have those sales too. :yes:

I must have that flower with the bee! It is gorgeous! :biggrin:

I'm so glad you came along and contributed to this thread. :flowers:

Hopefully some other ladies will chime in on this thread.
Oh goodness, no, it was open to the public and held at one of the local sample sale venues -- 260 Sample Sale. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a Strongwater sale for about 2 years. The prices were wonderful! Charms started at $10 and if you didn't care about whether it came with a box, you could clean up. Home decor was marked down between 60 and 80% off.

I'll gladly post if another one comes up. They were typically in September.

restricter, you have surely been a ray of sunshine on this thread. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I feel ok asking the price of purses and such only when I'm on a forum. I would never stop a woman on the street and ask her how much something cost even though I have uneducated young ladies question me about my things all the time. We truly live in a different world. People frequently ask me how much my bag or car cost. :coolio: Tacky.

I'm originally from the Jucy Couture charm thread and I have enjoyed those charms immensely. I also have a charm collection that first included 14K gold charms, 14K gold & enamel charms, sterling silver charms, Italian charms, Juicy charms and my one JS charm. It's safe to say I love charms and I hoping to include more JS ones in the future.

Are you familiar with the ebay sellers of JS charms? From what another charm collector and me see there's a large fake JS charm selling community which is really sad. :rant:

Again, thanks for your input. Please feel free to point out any of the caveats that you know about JS charms. I've got my notebook out so I can learn. :woot:

restricter, you have surely been a ray of sunshine on this thread. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I feel ok asking the price of purses and such only when I'm on a forum. I would never stop a woman on the street and ask her how much something cost even though I have uneducated young ladies question me about my things all the time. We truly live in a different world. People frequently ask me how much my bag or car cost. :coolio: Tacky.

I'm originally from the Jucy Couture charm thread and I have enjoyed those charms immensely. I also have a charm collection that first included 14K gold charms, 14K gold & enamel charms, sterling silver charms, Italian charms, Juicy charms and my one JS charm. It's safe to say I love charms and I hoping to include more JS ones in the future.

Are you familiar with the ebay sellers of JS charms? From what another charm collector and me see there's a large fake JS charm selling community which is really sad. :rant:

Again, thanks for your input. Please feel free to point out any of the caveats that you know about JS charms. I've got my notebook out so I can learn. :woot:
Really? Fake Strongwater? I had no idea! I've only gotten mine at the Strongwater sales. There were a number of people that grabbed the charms in bulk and immediately listed them on eBay but I had no idea there was even a market for fakes. If you look, you'll see bulk sellers of the pineapple charm. Those were marked down to $10.

Last edited: